Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• azullFR
    Original poster 1340 posts

As the title says :
    No more Runes Vendor in Repton - He is stacking wood for the horse shop :+)))
    (Approximative english, sorry)
    It's a so funny bug :))
    (Patch 1.2.0 - PS4 pro)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@azullfr Hi there, and many thanks for reporting this issue with the missing runes to us! Please share a screenshot or short video link with us here on the forums that shows this vendor is no longer selling runes, so I can check on this further.

Official Response
  • azullFR

@ubiexcellent
    Hi there
    I just saw your response, in 2 days I'll will send a video link (USB stick needed / Covid restrictions)
    See you soon 🙂

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 681 posts

@azullfr

Much appreciated, thanks!

Official Response
  • azullFR

@UbiExcellent
    @Ubi-Orion

Hi there 🙂

Here some screen shots, but first all technical steps

One PS4 pro
    Two accounts :
    Game A / Account A = No bug
    Game B (B like Bugged) / Account B = Bugged

Game B done 1rst :

1. Yule activities
    2. Bought New Raven ( Yees ! I'm gona try the new skin ! Let's go to a stable ! )
    3. Fast Travelled to Repton (No Stable barrack and no Shop barrack at Ravensthorphe)
    4. at Repton's Stable found the Shop Vendor ...
    5. Ok let's try...
    6. Bought Material and Runes
    7. Let's see if there is someone at Shop
    8. Found the Stable man in Shop
    9. Ok.... what does he sells ?
    10. New Raven skin OK !

Game A done 2nd :

1. Yule activities
    2. Bought New Raven ( Yees ! I'm gona try the new skin ! Let's go to Repton to see if I've got the same bug.... )
    3. Fast Travelled to Repton
    4. Everything is OK (Stable man at Stable / Vendor at Shop)

The only difference is I had a game crash during Yule Brawling in Game B, but I'm really not sure it crashed before going to Repton...

The screens :

Game A = Normal / Good Vendor at Shopundefined

Game A = Normal / Good Stable lad at Stable
    undefined

Game B = BUGGED / Stable lad at... SHOP !
    undefined
    undefined

Game B = Bugged : The Vendor as vanished from Repton and the Stable lad is still (March 23 = 4 days after) at SHOP

Link to a short video to come...

• azullFR

@ubi-orion
    @UbiExcellent

Here the videos :

1 - Very 1rst Encouter at Repton's Stable :
    Shop-Vendor at Stable = bought material and runes
    then
    Stable lad at Shop = New Raven skin

2 - Now (4 days after) only Stable lad at Shop , Shop-Vendor vanished

I saw the Shop-Vendor stacking-up some wood at the stable only once, never saw him again..

PS4 pro and Valhalla : fully up-to-date

Nice day to all 🙂

• azullFR

@ubiexcellent
    @Ubi-Orion

Just a technical add :
    On both games (Bugged one and OK one) during the Yule Bow challenge :
    I used the Basic PS4 controller NON-WIRED + a WIRED mouse (Logitech G300s)

Because of the very low speed of the basic PS4 controller for this kind of activity (last model :1 year old)
    At maximum Valhalla speed settings :
    the PS4 controller is about 3x to 4x slower than the 250 dpi mouse...
    (This PS4 controller is still very usable, fast and accurate, in Call Of Duty...)

Nice day to all 🙂

• azullFR

@ubiexcellent
    @Ubi-Orion

Hi there
    Another add , again.. 🙂
    The main difference between the 2 games = SETTLEMENT Barracks

Game A - OK :

1. Gunar
    2. Jomsvikings
    3. Hunter
    4. Beer
    5. Cows
    6. Fisher
    7. Valka
    8. SHOP
    9. STABLE

RIVER RAIDS = FINISHED ALL

Game B - BUGGED :

1. Gunar
    2. Jomsvikings
    3. Hunter
    4. Beer
    5. Cows

RIVER RAIDS = FINISHED ONLY THE EXE RIVER
    That's all for the moment ... 😉

Nice day to all 🙂

• azullFR

@ubiexcellent
    @Ubi-Orion
    Latest AC-Valhalla patch : 1.2.0.1
    Same situation
    🙂

• UbiExcellent

@azullfr Thank you very much for sharing this footage with us and for providing such detailed explanations for the two accounts. Can you confirm if "azullFR" is account A or account B please? I'd also like to know what the second account username is if possible.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    This post is deleted!
  • azullFR

@ubiexcellent
    Great thanks for your response 🙂

Account A = azullFR (UBI name)
    Account B = a2ullFR (UBI name)

if needed I can send both save files (even with the both duplicates from before the 1.2.0 Patch)

Have a nice day

• UbiExcellent

@azullfr Many thanks! I've reported this issue with the swapped vendors to our teams, and will share their findings with you as soon as I've heard back.

Official Response
  • azullFR

@ubiexcellent
    Great thanks to you !
    🙂

• UbiExcellent

@azullfr Thank you for bringing this issue forward! I hope to be back soon with updates. 😁

Official Response
  • azullFR

@ubiexcellent
    👍
    It's not urgent.... but a so surprising and funny one, scripts are having their own life 😂
    Maybe he's gone hunting eggs ... 😊

• azullFR

@ubiexcellent
    Hi there !

Seems that I wasn't so far from truth when I said that scripts are having their own life...
    I found two interesting topics :

Birna, seeking other employment?
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/96850/birna-seeking-other-employment?lang=en-US
    and
    Hostage from Reda mission won’t leave me alone
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/96856/hostage-from-reda-mission-won-t-leave-me-alone?lang=en-US

This made me laught a wile 😂

Have a nice day 🙂

• UbiExcellent

@azullfr Thank you kindly for bringing these two issues to my attention! I'll check these out, and respond to the affected players directly. ☺

Official Response
  • azullFR

@ubiexcellent
    I'm back ... not the vendor... 😁
    I somehow reproduced the glitch (in part)
    So I figured it could help for the "researchs" on this problem
    Here the steps :
    I was preparing 2 saves for the Ubi Support (Runes 100 Cap Problem)
    The account = A (azullFR) with the good Vendors at their good shops
    in this good account I did 2 saves just in front of the vendor in his shop:
    A-6 and A-12 (with different amounts of runes)
    I had to switch the different saves after bying rune in A-12 and selling runes in A-6

at a point the vendor seemed bored with my transactions and started to go away !!! 😂 😂

1. Seeing this I closed the game without saving, shutted down PS4 pro, disconnected the Power wired 10 min
    2. when I logged again, before loadind a manual save I deleted all auto-saves and all cloud-saves (exept one cloud-save far old)
    3. I loaded the A-6 manual save : the Runes Vendor was OK but the Stable Lad as vanished
    4. I fast travelled, came back ... no Stable lad
    5. I loaded the A-12 manual save : the Runes Vendor was OK but the Stable Lad as vanished
    6. This time I even didn't try to go again there....

To Notice : I even didn't talked to him (the Stable Lad) at any time during my preparation for the Ubi-Support !!!

So now, if you see him somewhere, can you tell him i'm really, really sorry to not have taken the time to even say hello to him !
    and i'll be glad to see him again 😄

I've got 2 videos, but they are very long and boring...

1rst Video a lot of Buying-Selling Runes and Saves Reloading , but here is the link to the moment when the Runes Vendor is going away (if it's not good skip to 11:01 :

2nd Video : Save A-6 = Eivor seaching the Stable Lad (long and boring)
    you can stop at 3min15 as I fast travelled in Grantebridge (off-video: came back and still nobody..)

Have a great and nice day 🙂

• UbiExcellent

@azullfr How strange! Thank you for making sure we received these two YouTube links for the report. Currently, the teams are still looking into this issue, but we'll make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information. 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics