Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

Yup. Just me again. Talkin' about the same thing I've brought up many, many times on this forum before.

Give us the option to TURN OFF that flashing red-rune thing when enemies perform unblockable attacks.

Give us the option to TURN OFF mid-screen messages like "Ammo is full," "Adrenaline is full," "Rations are full," "This door is barred from the other side," "Find the key to unlock this door," etc.

Give us the option to TURN OFF colored weapon trails.

Give us the option to TURN OFF the reticle dot that appears every time I crouch.

Let us have a cleaner, less cluttered, more immersive gameplay experience. Why is this so hard?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

. . . Is anyone listening? Can I get some acknowledgement from a Ubisoft moderator on this?

Seriously, everyone's asking for one-handed swords and whatnot, and all I want is the simple option to turn off a few annoying HUD things . . . like that annoying flashing red-rune symbol when an enemy does an unblockable attack.

This really shouldn't be all that hard . . .

• DV20Katana
    40 posts

I do not have Valhalla yet but I play a lot of Ubi games like FC, GRW and now im play AC Odyssey and I TOTALLY agree with you on the lack of deep HUD customization. One thing I find annoying is this x-ray wallhack vision and floating enemy tags that cannot be disabled in ACO. This lack of customization is really shocking specially for PC gamers where we kind of expect deeper menus.

The nice Ubi open worlds are just cluttered with icons all over the place. I just want the compass on my HUD thats all but thats impossible. Its either all or nothing.

I agree with all of your points that you made.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

@dv20katana Yeah, exactly. I'm generally not a fan when beautiful open-world games kill my sense of immersion by blocking the game's environment, effects, and animations with tons of artificial interface or HUD nonsense, and I usually appreciate it when we are given options to limit or disable most (if not all) of that stuff while playing. I want to have a more immersive and less cluttered experience. That's all.

Goodness, will someone from Ubisoft acknowledge this thing I've been talking about here for months now?

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

Are Ubi staff members deliberately avoiding this or something? I've been raising this matter since the release of the December 15 patch from last year, which forced that flashing red-rune thing to appear whenever an enemy does an unblockable attack (before that patch, it could be disabled with one of the HUD/Interface options). It's now almost mid-April 2021.

Seriously, all I want is the option to TURN OFF a few more HUD/Interface elements to create a more immersive, more believable, less cluttered visual experience. That's literally all I'm asking for.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

*sigh*

Yup. Just me again.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

This is gettin' kinda awkward now, isn't it?

Just shouting into a void, I guess.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

Just my regular check-in. Still waiting for a response.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

Maybe a check-in every two days would work?

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

Aaaaand I'm back.

Still waiting for a response.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

Hi, hello there. Just checkin' to see if anyone cares about this extremely simple and small request.

I'll come back again in a couple of days.

• Quor321
    232 posts

@c-pick They definitely decided to ignore your own self importance.

I get it's frustrating when games lack the options you like. It's good to speak up, but they don't have to respond or make the change.

Personally I think the hud is very minimal and does not interfere with the environment. I would like options to leave some things on when out of combat.

My idea is more important then yours they should do it first.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 77 posts

That's . . . kind of my point. Gamers like me want and appreciate more options to scale our HUD and UI elements to our liking, making for a more immerse and less cluttered experience.

If you want to leave a bunch of things on our HUD, even when you're out of combat . . . fine. I don't. Some of us actually want to have an unobstructed view of the beautiful world and animations the devs created for us.

Anyway, the origin for this whole post is the fact that I've been trying to draw attention to his since the December 15, 2020, patch. Before that, I was able to turn OFF the flashing red-rune thing when enemies do unblockable attacks. After that patch, that was no longer an option, and now I'm forced to see that ghastly thing all the time. This spoils the experience for me. I paid full price for the game. Why was this option taken away from me?

No one on these forums has addressed this for almost six months now. I'd just like to have that option back. That's it.

Oh, and the ability to turn off a couple other HUD elements, like this irritating mid-screen messages that say, "Ammo is full," "Rations are full," "Find the key to unlock this door," "This door is barred from the other side." I really don't need to see these messages popping up all the time. Let us turn those off. You know . . . options.

• conan429
    31 posts

@c-pick iim here too, been sayin the same thing, say hello to the new stun bar you can't turn off, the UI team have outdone themselves. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhWMbNY_xT78ln_BftD7IvRCn1j5

• conan429
    31 posts

@c-pick iim with u 100

• conan429
    31 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics