Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 316 posts

Hello

I really like the game but of course in something this big there are some issues. Here are a few general things that are mildly irritating that I have not seen written anywhere else. Xbox.

1. Runes.
      1. I have never seen a "Greater Aegis Rune". Is it in the game?
      2. The ordering of runes in the menus is slightly off (most circles, then most diamonds, then a few circles, then a few diamonds). In general the system is clunky, though functional.
    2. The inventory (specifically the bag).
      1. Why are quest items and collectibles retained? For example, it's not clear why used keys are there (eg, I've used the "Meldeburne Door Key" and presumably am never going to need it again). Spare River Raid keys, for example, I can see being in there as they're potentially useful.
      2. Why are there only two "things" that can be given a home in Ravensthorpe?
      3. Why is Alfred's cross not a quest item? It's the only "thing" that I remember from the entire campaign.
      4. There's an apparent overlap between Collectibles and Quest Items (eg, keys in both), it could do with streamlining what's what.
      5. Since very early (before England?) I've had a black square in Quest Items that has a count of 1, the pop-up text is simply whatever was highlighted previously (so it might say "Briton Dagger" then "BBB Membership").
      6. There's a "Cattle Meat" item that is still there in Quest Items. From Yule?
      7. Generally it's hard to see why some "Quest Items" are there at all. What, for example, is "Valuable Ring"? I don't remember. I suppose this goes with the general theme of the inventory being a bit messy.
      8. Please add a feature to sell stuff like supplies, leather, nickel and so on. I have lots of those things now and have upgraded all equipment to the maximum. Just feels neater and tidier having silver instead.
    3. Flags for game activities.
      1. The revenge quests are not really explained though at least they seem to be working now. May I suggest we get opal for them?
      2. Many quests and world events have a follow-up that is not flagged, this should be addressed. I romanced the guy in Gloucester before finding out that this was a post-Gloucestershire quest "thing to do". I did find out about post-arc stuff by searching (for something else in the game) so did manage to "do" the London revisit. Similarly I just, after 550+ hours playing, 100 of those after completing the game, found the children in Winchester were available for interaction regarding their post-Quill (?) education. There are many others, the arguing couple somewhere in Hampshire (the turnips and rabbits or whatever). The interactions are after the point the game says "World Event Complete" so why would anyone think to look?
    4. Bug. The letters Eivor gets have/had a bug where reading them in the wrong order prevented the others from being read, it had to be bottom-to-top. I would think some missed Hemming's axe due to this; I did at first but noticed and went back to read the letters.
    5. While it is really not a problem, the starter pack's +50% silver applies to the few costs, too, not just what is looted/received. Obviously the benefit outweighs the problem but I thought it worth pointing out.
    6. The ordering of the equipment in the Inventory screen is hard to fathom. Recently acquired, fine, but if it's "upgrade status" then how is it ordered if all upgrades are complete? It also varies a bit.
    7. Gameplay minor bug. In some situations executions and other mechanics are at an angle. The animation's the same but Eivor and victim are on a slope, which is rectified once the animation finishes/Eivor moves.
    8. In a few places the baddies "shape up" to use a missile but do not actually use it; the red thing appear but then vanishes. Most obvious at Clausentum Bandit Hideout.
    9. One type of baddie's missiles do not have the white trail in the air. Not sure which baddie as I type this, possibly Madman (it's a stone, not firebomb, it just hits without the tell-tale trace to time pressing LB).
    10. In the jeweller (?) area in Winchester (in the middle of the city, there's titanium right there) there are respawning tiny bags of treasure (like the ones that appear after breaking crates) that can be picked up but nothing comes from picking them up.
    11. Very occasionally (it's happened three or four times) Eivor just dies when moving around. No warning, just desynchronised so health was reduced to zero for no reason (it's virtually instantaneous, no baddies around or poison or anything, just instant death).

Hope that's helpful and hope some or all can be sorted out.

Cheers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 316 posts

Also . . .

Sometimes auto-loot does not work. Quite frequent after a stun kill/execution. Random as far as I can tell.

Raven-looting does not always pick up loot from enemies killed by returning their own missiles at them.

Raven-looting does not pick up the arrow fired at an enemy.

Cheers.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics