ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/51 Replies/766 Views
    Dooxast
    Original poster 12 posts

So, at the moment I went through the entire storyline, cleared the entire order, but so I didn't get the quest for the storyline in Vinland to "hunt" Gorm Kjotvinson. How could it happen that the order no longer exists, Kyotvinson is dead, but I was not in Vindand? Now I will tell you this amusing story.

Back in Norway, on a quest, when Basim teaches us to merge with the crowds in order to get to Kyotvinson's house and talk before the feast, I accidentally caught the attention of the guards. To escape from the guards, I climbed onto the roof of this house, from the back of it, and the guards went through the door into the house, where the five of them began to beat Kjetvinson. Why did they start beating him - I don’t know. Seeing that something strange was happening, I went down and went to the door, the door was closed, but I was able to go through it, where 5 guards were standing over the body of Kjetvinson. I dealt with them, after which I confirmed the death of Kyotvinson and took the evidence for the next member of the order (although the order itself is not yet on the menu), and left the house, not quite understanding what had just happened. After that, I clicked on the interaction with the door, and a cutscene started, where Eivor talks to Gorm, after which he is expelled to the feast. I did not attach much importance, since in the Odyssey, here and there, members of the order were accidentally killed, and nothing broke.

And the question is: How can I get access to Vinland if the game has already been completed? spending another 80 hours to do it all over again is not the solution I'm looking for.

undefinedundefinedundefined

PS. Can not add a ticket to support, because it still doesn't work.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Dooxast
    Original poster 12 posts

Bump, for answer or help.

• Dooxast
    Original poster 12 posts

Not exactly as it was the first time, but I managed to recreate this situation. And I was able to reproduce the bug.

• Snoman86
    8 posts

I have looked everywhere and can't find a fix or the issue on this forum. In my game, I cannot start the vinland questline nor can I select it on the pledge map. Weirdly the game says I killed gorm though when I have not. I also looked for the boatman to go to vinland. I have Uninstalled the game and cleared cache with no success. Help!

• Kormac67
    1100 posts

@snoman86
    Do you have the "go to vinland" quest?
    To pledge you may have to scroll down in the pledge map, it is at the very bottom.
    The boat lady appears after you pledge.

• Snoman86
    8 posts

@kormac67 no I do not. I scrolled down on my map but vinland is not below. Only Norway 😢

• MX585
    3 posts

Took out the whole camp and could not engage & fight Gorm

• Futshasty
    1 posts

I have the same problem. at the beginning I ignored him and continued playing, I had the last alliance and at the moment I am annoyed by the unfinished vinland. I don't know what to do next ...

• danielbsnake72_
    22 posts

Playing on PS4, Gorm appears as defeated in the OOA menu. I didn't reach Vinland yet - in fact, even though I've defeated all OOA members in the Gorm branch and delivered medallions to Hytham, I haven't received the option to go to Vinland (already tried scrolling to the bottom of the alliance map, only English counties appear).

Not sure if this is a bug or if I will find my way to Vinland (and find out that Gorm is still alive an kicking) later in the game.

Would appreciate some reassurance 🙂

Kind regards

• Ubi-Wan
    Community Representative 636 posts

@danielbsnake72_ Hello there! Thanks for reaching out with this. Our team is aware of this issue and are investigating a solution. We ask that those who are playing on a PlayStation or PC to assist with this investigation by creating a new support ticket, and attach a copy of your save game files to it, where we may forward things up for investigation. 

Feel free to post your case number here after it's made so we can ensure things are in the right place! 

Official Response
  • marilynman84
    2 posts

I dont know what happened, but i never played Vinlad map, i dont know about this map until i saw in internet.
    I read about and i dont know the reason that map never show on game.
    Already passed the game, i have kill all Order members and nothing appear on Alliance Map.

undefined
    undefinedundefined

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @marilynman84! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this. Would you be able to provide us with some more information?

• Did you kill Gorm prior to leaving Norway?
    • Would you be able to open a support ticket and submit your save file for investigation? Once you have done this, please share your ticket number here so we can pass it on to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • marilynman84
    2 posts

Thanks for the rush answer!!
    I Really don't remember, i think i choose "banish" to Gorm, but it's hard to say after 111h already played, but i think the mission "In a Strange Land" never appear to me.
    I have already submit the question: Ubisoft Support Ticket: 14127678

Regards

• danielbsnake72_
    22 posts

Thank you very much for the reply @ubi-wan
    I have reported the case which was recorded with ID 14153563.
    As per your recommendation, I attached the last savegame file on to the report.

Again, I would appreciate some reassurance that I will not need to restart the game anew 🙂 if it comes to that, of course, the sooner I know it the better.

Thank you in advance and kind regards

• Ubi-Wan
    Community Representative 636 posts

@danielbsnake72_ Thanks for that! I greatly appreciate your proactivity in assisting with this report. As for reassurance - while I'm not able to give concrete dates or ETA's on solutions found for issues our team is investigating; do note that our team is certainly aware of this issue, and the help of players such as yourself make finding solutions for bugs such as these far easier for the team! To that end, we really do appreciate your patience with this!

Official Response
  • Utter31
    7 posts

I have completed main story, all of the Order wiped out etc. however, I haven't yet been to Vinland and do not have the option to go there. Is this an issue that the game had generally or what has happened? I double checked my Trophies and sure enough "Pioneer - Reach Vinland" hasn't been earned. How have I completed the game without being there. More frustratingly I would like to go there now and explore etc. since the main events are completed.

• ElMadre1
    93 posts

@utter31 That's weird, it's one of the territories you can select on the Alliance map.

• Kormac67
    1100 posts

@utter31 You can't have the Order wiped out without going to Vinland.

• Utter31
    7 posts

@kormac67 Exactly - and yet that's what's happened.

• Utter31
    7 posts

@elmadre1 It makes no sense, the game just seems to have bypassed it and carried on. There hasn't ever been an option to go there and the map menu to go to England/Norway doesn't have the third option, Vinland. I'm baffled and only realised it was a thing when I saw people talking on forums etc.

Suggested Topics