18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Giggscribb13
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • magor.
    15 posts

@magor
    I also probably got 20 of those [censored] non-answers from support. I guess they can't really do much but they could at least show some inatiative and compassion. Like send me their own savegame or whatever.
    It absolutely sucks. Even if it is fixed with the next patch it will have been six months! It's absolutely crazy and unaccabtable.
    Btw I also played every game since the first one. Not anymore.
    I still want to finish Valhalla though mainly because I already poored 100+ hours into it.

• magor.
    15 posts

Wow, I just got another reply from support (@ubi-jakimoto) and it was literally a copy-paste of the brilliant advice they gave me already on January 22nd:

I understand that you are unable to progress with the quest Closing the Vault in Valhalla. Thank you for updating us. As a possible workaround , please try walking outside the area, meditate to trigger an auto save, re-load this new save.

As if I didn't try that 100 times already...

• daniwys988
    4 posts

Hi again,

I still can’t progress in game due to bug at:
    Jorvik zone, quest Closing The Vault - Find and regroup with Ljufvina. Patch 1.2.1 has not resvoled this bug. There is no option to speak with Ljufvina.
    Please help.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3884 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences and feedback regarding "Closing the Vault." The development team are still looking into this issue further, and we have passed on the additional reports that have been made within this thread as part of the ongoing investigation. As soon as we have any new updates to share with you all, this information will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@Giggscribb13 - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused. Please note that the player support team is unable to provide information regarding the investigation or ETAs for fixes when this information is not available. As soon as we have any new confirmed updates to share, this will be posted within the forums. Additionally, the Known Issues list is non-exhaustive. If you don't see your issue listed here, this doesn't mean that it isn't under investigation. We have shared your feedback with the Community Management team regarding including this issue on the Known Issues list in the future.

@magor - Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused by the support you have received so far. We're unable to provide players with additional save games. We appreciate that you have tried the suggested workarounds. As I mentioned above, the player support team is unable to provide information regarding fixes or ETAs for an update when this information is not available. Once we have any updates from the development team to share with you, these will be posted within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Giggscribb13
    18 posts

@ubi-borealis so what did you posting the same [censored] that I've been fed since December do for me or anyone in this forum? You told us again, that the Ubisoft service dept is just a deflection group, that has no real answers. And really, your trying to tell me not a single person or manager has a phone I can talk to them on? No one on the devolvement has a phone to talk with me.

What are your plans for reimbursement of my time and money into your broken game?

Because if there is not any reimbursement, a class action lawsuits may end up at your mailbox sooner rather than later.

Fix your game. Figure out your garbage support system. Obviously this doesn't work and isn't it. I can't even get a person on the phone or via email.

• Giggscribb13
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Giggscribb13
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Jrose1253
    1 posts

Having the same issues as everyone else can’t finish closing the vault and ubisoft support team does absolutely nothing to try to fix this has been a problem for 5months as I can see above with people having the same problem not being able to progress in the main story line due to not being able to finish closing the vault in Jorvik Ubisoft had an update recently which didn’t even fix the problem such a broken game no Idea why they would release it but at this point for wasting all my time and money and not getting any help for this trash game company doubt I’ll buy another game from them it’s ridiculous to have the same ongoing problems for months.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@Giggscribb13 - We do not offer player support via telephone. If you would like to contact a member of the support team outside of the forums, you are welcome to open a support ticket or to start a live chat. You can also contact our support team via Twitter and Facebook. The development team do not post in the forums, and they cannot be contacted via a support ticket or live chat.

Compensation would be at the decision of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team. Please note that the player support team has no influence over this decision.

If you wish to seek legal advice, you are of course, free to do so. However, please be advised that Ubisoft Support will be unable to advise you further on this matter

@Jrose1253 - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I would like to reassure you that the development team are still looking into "Closing the Vault" further. As the investigation is still taking place, this is why it was not included in the TU 1.2.1 update. I apologise for any disappointment caused by this.

The player support team is unable to provide information that has not been confirmed, such as ETAs for fixes. I understand that this may not be the response you are hoping for. We will continue working with you all to try and get these issues resolved. 

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • EagerWombat
    4 posts

@giggscribb13 I have to reluctantly agree with nearly all your points. To go from Assassin's Creed Odyssey (which i consider to be one of the best games ever, not just a great AC title) straight to a buggy, broken game is just ridiculous. I've been patient, I've submitted save files (as they requested in this forum), I've started a support ticket (which Ubisoft closed 4 days after I opened it, marking it as "resolved") and still nothing. Nearly 6 months since release...and nothing.

I don't know how development typically works at a game studio, but I would think that a bug that stops the entire progression (narrative and otherwise) of a game would be top of the "fix" list. Instead we get useless seasonal events that go nowhere, continued broken side quests, and "we are researching the problem" messages in support forums.

I apologize for not adding anything constructive to your post. I just needed to vent and communicating with Ubisoft Support is as helpful as screaming down a well.

Here's hoping we all get some satisfaction soon.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, @EagerWombat. I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience with player support.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit save files as part of an ongoing investigation, as these are very useful to the development team. Please note that support tickets will be automatically closed four days after the last agent response, though you should be able to reopen these again if you have any further questions or concerns. Additionally, if a case has been closed after this time, it doesn't mean that the investigation has ended. I apologise for any confusion that has been caused, and  I have passed on your feedback to the dedicated teams.

If you would like to know more about the internal development processes, and the steps taken during an investigation, I would recommend taking a look at our recent Dev Blog. The development team provides a lot of insight in this blog, which may provide some answers to your questions.

I would like to provide you all with an update from the development team from the investigation into "Closing the Vault." We've been informed that the development team intends to resolve this issue in a future update. We don't yet have an ETA on when this update is due to be released. Once we have more definite information, we will share it with you in this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

If you have any additional feedback that you would like us to pass forward, please let us know, as we'd like to see if there is anything further we can do.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • magor.
    15 posts

@ubi-borealis Wow, after nearly six month you give us the "news" that the team "intends" to fix it in "a" future update. I would certainly hope so.
    In case you haven't noticed none of us can finish the game because of this stupid glitch. You say the support team cannot fix the game, sure. But every message I got was assuring me that the problem is being worked on (since December!), which has clearly not been the case. Here are some ideas what the support team could have done:

• Provide a savegame (not that hard, no matter what you say)
    • Actually read the messages instead of copy+pasting previous replies
    • Actually try out one of our savegames to see that it really is not fixable with your useless advice (try meditating some more?)
    • This one is entirely utopian considering you are Ubisoft but would be possible: Offer a refund for a broken game, or at the very least free DLC to distract us while we wait (again, it's been almost HALF A YEAR!)

Just some very simple ideas. I for one will surely not buy an Ubisoft game again after this [censored]show. I've now probably spend an equal amount of time browsing this forum/being ignored by your support and "enjoying" the game.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team has confirmed that they intend to release the fix for this issue in TU 1.2.2. The release for this update is targeted for June. Once we have a confirmed date for this update's release, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@magor - Thank you for sharing your feedback and suggestions with us regarding "Closing the Vault." I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the support you have received, and that you feel our response are copied and pasted. I would like to assure you that we take the time to try and read every post made within these threads, and we do our best to address any questions or concerns that have been made.

Any testing carried out using player save files is done by the development team, so the player support team would have no access to these. We are also unable to change a player's save file. The affected save files that have been submitted by players have been incredibly useful in helping the development team to find a fix for this issue, and we hope to have more confirmed news about its release to share with you soon.

Please note that any compensation would be the decision of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team, and that the player support team has no influence over this decision. I have shared your feedback with the dedicated teams.

If you have any additional feedback that you would like us to pass forward, please let us know.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • daniwys988
    4 posts

After numerous posts on ubisoft’s forum about this bug that stopped game progression, I managed to fix it by selling the game.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Closing the Vault" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Closing the Vault" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • EagerWombat
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis Worked like a charm, thanks for the update, Support Staff.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @EagerWombat! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to progress in "Closing the Vault!" 😄 Please don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any further trouble.

Official Response
  • Mich43l999
    1 posts

I am having a problem with this. I’m in the archive, checked the clues, gone to the table but the other guy is frozen and I can’t get the cut scene

Suggested Topics