Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MicHaeL_MonStaR
    Original poster 18 posts

As the title explains, I found a strange behavior with the focus-cursor, in that it resets to center as soon as letting go of the left stick. As in, if you'd move it somewhere, let go of the stick, the cursor would just teleport back to the center like it forgets the position you left it in.
    What I can add is that it also jumps back to "mouse and keyboard mode", as the UI indicates. - Usually, it would only switch back to that mode when you'd create an input with the mouse or keyboard, but it now happened without touching them.
    There is a small chance that there might be a stuck signal somewhere, but I had unplugged my mouse, keyboard, SpeedPad/Tartarus, as well as re-connected my gamepad, to see if it would resolve this, but it did not.
    Note that this happened for the first time after 100 hours of playing for me (and I've spent a lot of time in Photo Mode as well), on top of that only when I just loaded the game today and on the second time going into Photo Mode, the first time the issue didn't occur.
    I also moved around some, went in and out of Photo Mode a few times again and can't seem to recreate the issue. - All I can say is that it happened around the "party square" of Raventhorpe (in front of the musician-stage), but it doesn't seem to matter.

Probably just a fluke, but it happened. - However, I do want to add that it was always the case that, when you'd give any mouse or keyboard input, it would reset the focus-cursor to the center.
    This isn't a huge issue, as it would happen when I'd hit a key to take a screenshot and that, for me personally, would mean I'm done. But it's still a bit annoying if you wouldn't be done and the focus-cursor changes its position.
    Perhaps these behaviors have to do with the "hybrid" mode, which I believe I have it set to, but I think this could be ironed out. It has worked rather seamlessly for me otherwise.

Hope you can do something with this information. Keep up the good work!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1198 posts

@michael_monstar Thanks for your feedback, I will pass this onto the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team.

Official Response
  • MicHaeL_MonStaR
    Original poster 18 posts

@ubi-keo Sorry, I will actually need to add some more information to this...

Today I'd noticed that the whole "mode switching" (between m&k and gamepad) doesn't just happen in Photo Mode.
    It is indeed the thing that causes Photo Mode's focus-cursor to jump to center, but it actually happens outside of Photo Mode as well.
    I'm still not sure what caused it. It came and went twice this time. - The only solution now was to turn off "hybrid mode" and set it to one controller only.
    It even prevents you from doing certain actions, like getting to the Main Menu with the gamepad, as I couldn't even override the m&k-mode by simply sending a gamepad-input anymore.

Also, I still don't know if it just has to do with my gamepad, like the Razer-hardware/software or something, or if it's indeed something since the 1.2-patch.
    But if it can be looked into, I'd appreciate that. - Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics