Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Valor1975
    5 posts

Giving AC V a rest till next DLC where my Jomsviking prefer his default gear and facing RR 1/1 crate cap currently.

• isuwhat
    156 posts

gone into this today and now when i click on 'assign' to save the outfit and weapons it all just freezes. Anyone else having this? i am having to turn the console off as i can't click 'back' either.

• linkmario13
    1 posts

Since the latest update, my my selected weapons and gear for my Jomsviking keeps reverting back to the default appearance. When I change it back to my choices, it will hold through that session, then default back the next time I load. My husband's account on the same system is having the same issue. We play on PS5.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 184 posts

@linkmario13 Hey! This issue appears to be under investigation at this time. To aid the team, can you and your husband both submit your most recent manual save files to the cloud? Also, let me know your husband's username (you can say it here or in private messages). Once that is done, let me know that the saves have been uploaded, so I can ensure the team has them available. Thank you!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 533 posts

Hello everyone,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

I just checked the status of this issue and I can see that it's still being investigated. The development team is trying to reproduce this issue and once we have a fix, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes and this thread as well.

@boo-yah1907 - thank you for your update and your patience! We're currently waiting for an update from the development team 🙂

@isuwhat - sorry to hear that you are experiencing this as well. I can assure you that the team is working on this at the moment and we will provide everyone with an update as soon as we gather more info. Regarding the freezes that you mentioned, can you please perform all the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? Additionally, have you tried reinstalling your game? It will help you to eliminate any potential conflicts, such as, corrupted data that can lead to the freezes you mentioned. Many thanks!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    361 posts

Same issue. Every single gear piece and weapon resets to default when I quit game and restart it; however, the re-assigned gear and weapons manage to stay within that gaming session, including fast travelling.

Playing on Xbox One, patched 1.2.0.1 already.

• Controllerofcat
    1 posts

Having similar issues myself. For my own Jomsviking, it only ever appears to reset me weapons (mainhand goes to default 1h axe, right hand goes to default shield, regardless of the weapon composition i have selected by choice) and occurs whenever i so much as leave the settlement, let alone reboot the game.

The more glaring issue for me is the Community Jomsviking bug, where it resets all of your community Jomsviking appearances to the full default gear on relaunch. This bug completely destroys the entire purpose of a customisable, collectible crew of raiders and renders the Jomsviking hall you can build and upgrade for fresh troops completely pointless. One of the draws of this game for me is to go hunting for new gear appearances in order to improve your Jomsviking so you may turn a few heads, but if they all look the same in the end why bother? And why have a big, diverse crew? I loved seeing what fellow members of the AC community could come up with for a viking warrior, and felt a sense of pride when i logged in to find 100 silver sitting on my dock as it meant someone thought my Jomsviking looked cool. With the game the way it is now, people will either recruit for the sake of a new body to occupy a ship seat needing filling, or wont at all. PLEASE fix this, as it was one of the features i was most excited about, and to have a cool appearance in my crew briefly only for it to be taken away is worse than to not have it to begin with.

• Draeoth
    24 posts

As the title states my jomsviking in not keeping the outfit i give them. i click save outfit but whenever i return to raventhorpe their outfit has reverted back to the default gear. the outfit i give them is the berserker gear (dual wielding the bearclaw axe) and the gold quality hunnish bow.

• Draeoth
    24 posts

i tried different armor and weapons for my jomsviking and the outfit still went back to default. the only item that is saving is the weapon in their main hand.

• Kormac67
    517 posts
    completely destroys the entire purpose of a customisable, collectible crew of raiders

There has never been such a feature in the game.
    You could hire a good looking JV, and two days later the owner had decided to put a bucket on her head or dress her in one of the ugly Helix outfits.
    Also river raid JVs have been broken since it launched, community JVs only ever are lvl 1.
    Lvl 2 and 3 are auto generated with ugly helmets or Corona masks.

I wish they ditched the whole community JV concept and make the whole crew fully customizable.

• isuwhat
    156 posts

@kormac67 is it possible within river raids to upskill other players Jomsviking's? if you take another players level one of 5/10 raids you can get them up to a level 2 or 3?

• Spades1961
    35 posts

What do you mean 'is trying to reproduce this issue'? It happens each and every day, in fact, each and every loading of a game. Today it even happened when I (re)assigned my Jomsviking the 100.000th time and took her out on a raid myself. I assigned a spear, guess what, she was carrying an axe.

• Kormac67
    517 posts

@isuwhat Nope. Only your own JV scales up. Even if the owner has his JV at 3 it still stays at 1 for you.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 465 posts

@draeoth I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The development team are currently investigating an issue where the Jomsviking appearance resets each time a player loads their save file. However it doesn't appear to happen after a raid or fast travelling. Can you confirm if this is the same for you or does it reset after raids and fast travelling?

Could you also provide a video of this issue.

Official Response
  • Barney_1104
    16 posts

Same issue here since 1.2.0, my level 3 Jomsviking resets to default gear at game load.

• Draeoth
    24 posts

@ubi-keo i was mistaken. i tried fast traveling to and from different viewpoints and ports. i tried quitting to title screen and reloading save and both didnt change the gear. however closing and reopening the game changed all gear to default except the primary weapon.

• Konata10101
    4 posts

Me and a lot of others are experiencing an issue where our customized jomsvikings reset out of nowhere and automatically equip default clothing and weapons. Please fix.

• Kennyannydenny
    96 posts

I noticed that every time I quit the game and relaunch it, when going back into the Jomsviking customization menu, my Jomsviking's appearance partially resets. Her chestpiece stays hidden like I did and one of the weapons (left one) stays the same. But her pants, and gloves reset to the default, and the weapon in the other hand (right one) keeps resetting to the default shield.

So every time I launch the game I have to re-customize my Jomsviking 😞

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 465 posts

@Konata10101 @kennyannydenny I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. I have merged your post with this megathread as this is a known issue that is being investigated by the development team. Please keep checking here, the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

@Spades1961 The development team have been unable to reproduce this issue when testing, but are still investigating.

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    361 posts

@ubi-keo What I noticed, however, is that many of the other players' Jomsvikings are wearing customized clothing in my world, despite this issue. That means the data of Jomsvikings is properly sent and saved on the Valhalla server right?

I am playing on Xbox One. In my case, it is also closing and reopening the game that causes all my Jomsviking's gear to reset to default; fast-travelling does not trigger it, and the issue happens no matter I start the game offline or online.

I pretty clearly remember that this issue had yet happened with the introduction of River Raid (since it concerns Jomsvikings the most). My guess is probably patch 1.2.0 has coding which has messed up with data retrieval of the most-recently-saved Jomsviking setting when loading up the game for the first time on a console. Or it may be like, even though we again customise our Jomsviking gear, it is only saved like on RAM but not on the hard disk? That is why it is not saved permanently and is lost upon each time the console is shut down? (just a guess; I'm no programmer)

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics