Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OrcBeard92
    Original poster 141 posts

A relatively small issue, but the Jomsviking's gear will always reset to their default upon loading up the game. It can be changed for the current play session, but reverts to normal when starting up the game again, or loading another save.

I imagine it is somehow related to how the transmog system has been implemented in the game. May be some conflict there.

Hope it can be addressed, as it leaves everyone's vikings looking the same. Many thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for the Jomsviking loadout resetting in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with the Jomsvikingr loadouts following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • basel19751224
    46 posts

i have the same problem 😞
    and i my case have nothing to do with changed gear via the transmog option , because i do not used the feature yet but my Jomsviking still reset for the deafult gear every time i launch the game

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @OrcBeard92 & @basel19751224!

Thanks for taking the time to report this to us! I actually encountered this issue in-game myself, and we've notified the development team to take a closer look at this.

If possible, would one of you be able to provide a video that shows the reset happening in-game by loading up a save? We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the investigation.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92

@ubi-borealis I'm terrible with technology and don't really know how to record stuff and make videos other than maybe with some basic Nvidia Ansel capture. 😿

Perhaps @basel19751224 can help. I will see if I can can some screenshots of it happening, but the reset never happens live in-game, it is more of a before/after situation.

You can change the Jomsviking's armour for the current game session, but it will be reverted to normal next time you load the game.

• Ubi-Borealis

No worries if you can't make a video, @OrcBeard92 🙂 I've been able to capture footage of the reset happening in my own game, which I've passed on to the development team to take a look at. Any additional videos will be helpful at this stage of the investigation to help provide a better understanding of the issue!

Thanks for letting us know!

Official Response
  • OrcBeard92

@ubi-borealis Many thanks for the response and for your help.

• dsmitty24
    1 posts

I've noticed since the new 1.2.0 update that mine along with everyone else's Jomsviking customized appearance has bugged back to the default armor set. Every single time I play I have to change the armor back to what I want. Also I have to go back and change it every hour or so.

Hopefully this brings it to someone's attention at Ubisoft to get this bug patched.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@dsmitty24

Same for me playing on PC since patch 1.2.0... my Jomsviking lost also all her choosen by my own armor set and reset to default armor set....
    Additional therefore, also Bjoern disappear as an Crew Gang member, each time I have to put him back to the boat´s crew!

• Darren_HUN
    1 posts
    Hi, I only approached you because there would be a problem that every time I reload my game or play River Raid or any transition video happens my Jomsviking switches to the starting gear. Sorry for my English, not my original language. My question would be, can you do something about this because it’s a little frustrating, or has a similar report been received? Thanks in advance for the answer.

• SteveZ_Pun
    172 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SteveZ_Pun
    172 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SteveZ_Pun
    172 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SteveZ_Pun
    172 posts

Yes, I also have this problem on the PC since patch 1.20. Every time I start the game, the equipment is reset.
    I've never seen this amount of bugs in a game and I've been playing for a couple of years, since Atari etc.

• Kormac67
    623 posts

@dsmitty24 For me it is not totally reset, only half of the items revert to default.

• FeistyGorilla80
    2 posts

The settlement decorations have all disappeared and my jomsviking keeps going back to default gear. Please fix this bug. This started happening now in the Ostara festival update. 1.2.0

• Spades1961
    35 posts

To me this happens with weapon and bow: when I assign a spear and a bow to my Jomsviking, it resets to the default axe and bow. It does not matter how often I 'assign' my Jomsviking, the moment I go raiding the weapons are set back to default.Also, after raiding, I can't talk to the raid quest giver, only after a reload I can speak to him again.

Also I see some Jomsvikings of other players having the same problem: they don't carry weapons and bows whilst others do. I see this regularly, it's not one player wanting to fight barehanded, there are more Jomsvikings showing up unarmed at the same time.

Needless to say my Jomsviking gets hardly hired anymore 😞

• Kormac67
    623 posts

@spades1961 River raid JomsVikings are auto generated. You can't use players' JVs because they are always only lvl1.

• Erinace
    3 posts

Thank you for raising this issue. I thought that I might be the only one having it.
    For me, reset of my Jomsviking's gear also occurs when going on a River Raid: Before the longboat leaves Ravensthorpe, the Jomsviking wears the individual gear. When the longboat arrives at the River Raid, the Jomsviking's gear is reset.
    It also seems as if this reset of gear happens to other player's Jomsvikings who can be hired in Ravensthorpe. With one exception they all look the same - clad in the basic gear.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @erinace,

Thank you for the update! No worries, we're here to help!

Are you able to provide us with a previously requested video of this occurring, so we can pass it along to the ongoing investigation? Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Erinace
    3 posts

Hello @ubi-mark ,

I am new to providing such a video. So I hope this link

to YouTube works and does not infringe any IPR or similar. Please let me know if this is not Ok.
    The video shows how my Jomsviking is equipped, then that the gear is still Ok when starting the River Raid and being in the transgression (a bit small but visible, I think), then that the Jomsviking is in standard gear when arriving at the river and travelling back, finally that the gear is also reset in the inventory when returning to Eydis.

Thank you for your support.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics