Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kickernullvier
    5 posts

Dear team!

My jomsviking captain seems to reset the gear I gave him at every river raid. I changed his shield to a special one and no matter what he always walks around with the default shield from the beginning...

This is very annoying and immersion breaking. 😞

Thanks a lot for a fix!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for the Jomsviking loadout resetting in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with the Jomsvikingr loadouts following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your reports about your jomsviking's gear resetting to default. I've merged a couple of new, duplicate threads into this megathread so we can keep all of the information and updates in one place. Apologise for any confusion caused by this.

I'd like to reassure players affected by this issue that the development team intends to fix this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for this update. As soon as we have more definite information about this, we will let you all know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@Yesin069 - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I would be unable to speculate on how the development team plan the title updates. If you haven't already checked out the recent Dev Blog, I'd recommend doing so. It gives more insight into the internal developer processes, such as how investigations are carried out and priorities are given.

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • gregorex295
    1 posts

j’ai un problème avec mes Jomviking a chaque fois que je joue mes Jomvikings ont de l’equipement de base même ceux que j’ai recruter il y a pas longtemps quelqu’un sait et pourrais me dire dire dire dire dire dire comment regler le problème

• KILLZONEdu62380
    2 posts

SALUT j ai le même problème quand j'équipe mon jomsviking d'une armure et bien quelque temps après je le vois avec sa tenue de base l'armure que je lui es équiper a disparue

• guest-tuM42Syt
    1 posts

I've traveled back to England multiple times to changed my Jomsvikings attire. While in Ravensthorpe the attire is that of what I chose. But when traveling back to Ireland they're reverted back to their default look when the game loads.

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@guest-tum42syt same here

• Superfly_Boss
    69 posts

@gregorex295 Yes. Same issue is happening to me. All these new armor sets and weapons and can't equip them on Jomsviking because it resets to basic.

This was an issue they had fixed in a previous patch but another patch undid their work.

• Mordule
    35 posts

Still not fixed

• Canadiexan
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis is this ever going to get fixed? It’s really irritating. I paid actual money for my gear and it feels like a bit of a rip off.

• OrcBeard92
    Original poster 141 posts

@Garbo3 @Mordule @Canadiexan I think they've mentioned it will be in the next feature update patch which should drop maybe next week or so, going by when the last one was, following they mentioned the patches being rolled out later for 'fine tuning'.

The Ireland DLC release was technically already included in the last patch, and us downloading it on release was just enabling the content. So I guess it explains why this now pretty glaring bug wasn't addressed.

• NuttleStuFF
    4 posts

It's so aggravating that something like this hasn't been fixed already. We've been dealing with this since at least the Ostra Event. That's when I noticed it happening; it very well could have started sooner. I expected a fix in the recent Hotfix Update, but nope, then I was like, surely this will be taken care of in the Expansion, but once again, nope still not fixed. I am a huge fan of the AC Franchise, I've been in it since the beginning, but unfortunately, I feel like Valhalla has been a mess. I have never had this many issues with an AC game, ever. What's crazy is the vast majority of the issues present were implemented in-game after the release. WTH? Hopefully, Ubisoft Montreal will get their act together soon. I know they have the capability, Origins was an awesome experience.

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

@nuttlestuff The WotD Expansion is independent from patches from what I know, so it is expected the issue was not addressed by the Expansion.

Like you I am a big fan of the AC franchise; I have played all major titles since 10 years ago. I too am a little bit let down about the technical aspect of Valhalla, but right now other than waiting patiently there is not much we can do. Patches will now arrive per 5 weeks, so we need to be patient and wait.

• kingkalidire
    2 posts

I like to make my jomsviking look nice, but I can't do that if it keeps resetting their outfit everytime I load in the game, and that's frustrating. Especially when part of my income was with my cool looking jomsviking. But if it looks like a default one, then I'm not going to get much hiring, and I cannot fix it. It has been doing this since the eostara event

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

@kingkalidire Indeed this issue has happened for quite a while (I think by now it has been more than a month). It is under investigation by the dev. team from what I know.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@imaginaryruins

This issue is in in the game since update 1.2.0 and still is not fixed. It is one thing to take time to fix bugs that are there since launch but bugs introduced with new updates should really be fixed with the next update at the latest.

Isnt it enough to have so many issues in the game since launch and now even more issues introduced with patches. For every fix i think we get a tleats two issues that take even longer to fix.

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

@yesin069 I understand that frustration very well, mate. I am just trying to be as civil as I can here, seeing how so many other users here are resorting to verbal abuse or even threats against the dev. team and the support staff. That does not mean I am defending the dev. team, because like you said updates should fix issues not make them.

I wrote in another post hoping that the support staff could pass my opinion to the dev. team: they need more men for better QA testing. It may be costly but surely is much less costly in the long term. AC Origin & Odyssey are small in scale but are big open world games, but have far fewer issues. So Valhalla is not impossible to of a more reasonable technical quality.

Meanwhile I am playing Resident Evil Village to pass the time, and by the way, it is technically a lot better; I haven't encountered a single bug or glitch so far.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@imaginaryruins

I would never make the community guys or devs responsible for the mess that AC:Valhalla currently is. They just do their work the best they can. It wasnt their decision to be forced into a 5 week cycle for updates that need to always be at least 10GB in size. I think they clearly want to release bugfixes the second they fixed the bug and tested it. Now they fix it and have to wait 5 weeks and put many fixes together in a huge package. Sadly this lets them loose sight and new bugs happen eeasier and slip through the QA process.

Great companies are able to make huge patches and test them properly but Ubisofts devs are forced to deliver not just bugfixes, but also new stuff that should have been in the game since launch.

I just want to finish the main story in Valhalla and go play Nioh 2 or other games that have much more polish and are finished. Because of the savegame bug i have to wait for more than 4 weeks now because they dont want to release a hotfix for this major issue and instead wait for the big update early June.

• Ken_Koerperich
    52 posts

My Jomsviking keeps his "gear" but not the weapons I give him....

Why can't I find my friends Jomsviking's??? Try multiple times, multiple locations.

Always find some stupid rando or MCKCATHOU bs Jomsviking.....

Is there a fix coming??

• inoempriss
    2 posts

Still having this issue mid-may, the only thing that stays and only sometimes is the shield I put on. Kinda annoying that I can't fix the gear anywhere in Ireland so my jomsviking looked lame as hell the entire time too

• guest-3BrR1Rq0
    2 posts

Nie mogę zmienić zbroi dla mojego Jomsvikinga, nawet jak zmienię mapę lub zacznę misja powraca zbroja podstawowa

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics