Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • cmhoughton
    31 posts

Thanks, @stevez_pun. I did not see that before posting, obviously (though I did look around about it before posting and didn’t see anything specific) so thanks!

Glad it’s getting fixed, just got a ton of decorations to burn up the Festival tokens and silver and wanted change stuff around...

Although, I must say the crashes haven’t improved much since they did that. I crashed three times yesterday in the settlement before I gave up and did something else.

• gha100
    1 posts

The Ostara event is removing my redecorating posts from around the colony. Usually when I load into a game now the redecorating posts are gone entirely, though sometimes I can get one or two to spawn immediately surrounding the festival location. The most I've ever been able to have spawn after constant reloads was three, but that still isn't enough to finish the Let's Get Festive Quest.

• JCar4327
    606 posts

@gha100 This was intentional due to this:

Hotfix Live- Increased crashes in and around Ravensthorpe since Title Update 1.2.0 | Ubisoft Forums

Based on the following post the fixes above are only temporary and sometime this week we should see another fix come out for a permanent solution:

Increased crashes in and around Ravensthorpe since Title Update 1.2.0 | Ubisoft Forums

• Mad-Max7
    4 posts

Gee, now we're supposed to decorate Revensthorpe as part of the tasks. But, not only the markers of location to decorated are not active (unresponsive), none of the decoration points around town are available, simply none existing. And based on Ubisoft's effectiveness to solve the mass of issues generated hy this franchise. It's not even worth to waste our time with expectations. I wonder if they ended up with a massive desertion of skilled developers. Simply ridiculous.

• RotaryPython212
    1 posts

@mjolnir343 I still cannot decorate either I hope it’s fixed before the event ends.

• MePlayingGTA
    2 posts

When is the fix coming, for heaven's sake? I'm still totally bugged with Let's get festive. For me, it won't show me all the 5 decorating spots, I'm stuck at 2/5. I found the third one too, but placing a decoration won't count and be 3/5. Plus, before finding those 3 spots it was always like in this video (not mine):

I managed to get the decorating "platform" visible by reloading the game. But the game stubbornly keeps me stuck at 2/5 decoration. Playing on Xbox One with version 1.2.0.247 of the game

• ImaginaryRuins
    380 posts

@mad-max7 I have been coming back every day to check whether there is an update since 20th March morning (in my time zone).

Well, the festival lasts until 8th April so there is still plenty of time. Personally I highly doubt they will allow it to end with one quest un-complete-able.

And yet I DO suspect that the team(s) responsible for the Yule and Ostara Festivals are not first-rate in the studios; more like the tasks were decided to be handed to less skilled members. If you played Yule Festival you will know what I mean - it was VERY buggy and glitchy, surely did not undergo any debugging before launch. Fortunately Ostara was technically way better at least in my case because my game never crashed.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The permanent fix for the crashes that are happening in Ravensthorpe/the Ostara festival area is due to be released today at 8AM ET / 12PM UTC. You can read more about this here.

This means that settlement decorations will also be restored, allowing you to complete Norvid's quest, "Let's Get Festive!"

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • ImaginaryRuins
    380 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks very much for the news. Just wondering. Is this patch ONLY addressing the crashing issues, nothing else? I ask because ... well, it was discovered that all rewards could not be bought offline (while the festival could be played offline), and this issue was reported. So ...

I don't want to stay online and lose all my Yule gear.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts

Hello there @ImaginaryRuins!

To my knowledge, this patch will only be addressing the crashing issues. The development team are also looking into other issues that have been reported regarding the Ostara festival (such as the offline error). We don't yet have any new information to share regarding this specific issue.

The development team have advised players play online if they are able to in the meantime, to ensure they can access all of the festival. I understand that you are hesitant to do this, in case you lose your Yule gear. Please note that you'll be able to reclaim all of the Yule gear from the Godly Pack if this does happen, and all resources should be returned to your inventory. This will allow you to upgrade the "new" Yule armour straight away. I understand if this is not the ideal workaround for you, though.

Once we have any new updates or information, these will be shared within the forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • epikek
    1 posts

For fudge sake, why is there always so many bugs whenever a new season patch arrives.

• ImaginaryRuins
    380 posts

@ubi-borealis Yes it is not the ideal solution to me but, well, I will do my best to convince myself to live with in. Call me a weirdo (I know I am), but I almost never download any add-ons, free or paid, to my games; I generally stick to base-game content, or this kind of limited time free event content. So I guess I will just let my Yule gear go.

Anyway, here to confirm that after patch 1.2.0.1, the cosmetic spots have returned.

• Prissy_Missy00
    4 posts

I still cant finish the decorate Ravensthorpe quest. Its saying 4/5 deco placed and I've placed way more than 4. Anyone else having trouble with this?

• Majestic253
    2 posts

@prissy_missy00 i've got the same problem too, my god ubisoft still can't fix this [censored], all this is shameful, a company with thousands of employees and unable to work on the content that they themselves create, absurd.

• Prissy_Missy00
    4 posts

@majestic253 I know. I mean I know big games are gonna have some bugs, but they're constant even when they have their updates. Funnily enough, I know someone with the game who hasn't experienced any bugs at all! They have a ps5 though I'm playing on ps4

• Ariost
    3 posts

Just tried to do the mission again today and I'm stuck at 4/5 decorations placed. I've went over every spot and changed the decoration to make sure. Anyone else having this problem? I'm just giving up on the whole yule quests, Ubisoft just can't seem to handle making games not full of bugs.

• SteveZ_Pun
    137 posts

@cmhoughton No Problem, youre welcome

• fletchmania20
    1 posts

Can't complete quest still. Get 4/5 decorations and can't get any more.. Even after redecorating the whole settlement.

• off3nc3
    2 posts

So now after this latest patch I could get from 3/5 to 4/5 deco's placed but I still cannot finish this damn quest because the final one won't work. I know all the SPOTS where I have to place these so that's not the issue It's getting really irritating , i've read some people encounter this still how can we fix this/finish this quest ?

• off3nc3
    2 posts

/bump

Nobody ?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics