Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• izzyv91
    16 posts

@ubi-woofer any news on the king killer quest? Surely it can’t take this long to sort out this bug. Particularly when you’ve prioritised fixing the hood sounds over this.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there @izzyv91!

Thanks for reaching out. I've checked in with the development team and can provide you with an updated status of the ongoing investigations into "King Killer."

• Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr."
      • Comment: The investigation into this issue has been reopened following reports that players were still unable to "Follow Ivarr" after the release of TU 1.2.2. As soon as we have any updates to share from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread.
    • The cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena.
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting additional videos and the saves of affected players. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look.

I understand that this may not be the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. I would like to assure you that the development team have been looking into this issue further following its reopening. The player support team is checking in on the investigation regularly. As soon as we have any new information to share with you all regarding the investigations into "King Killer," we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bluemalou
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • bluemalou
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • izzyv91
    16 posts

you are kidding right?

you’re aware that I’ve given as much video footage as I can MONTHS ago! How is this cutscene issue STILL A PROBLEM.

Want my money back or a code for the DLC like Ubisoft did for Unity.
    unbelievable.

• bluemalou
    15 posts

It's really unbelievable. New Valhalla update and you didn't solved the problem since months? I also gave you much footage, also my save datas and still nothing. I can't continue the MAIN STORY and this problem is available since release! It's almost a year, that isn't alright!

I have the feeling this problem will NEVER solved and this is something I have paid for it... It's very hard to not to be in anger

It's just my opinion, but it would be also a solution when there is a "reset" button for this "King Killer" quest so I have the chance to restart the battle against Ivarr. And I also guess it's NOT TOO HARD to programming such a simple feature.

• bluemalou
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@izzyv91 - Please rest assured that the development team are still investigating this issue further, and what could potentially causing the cutscene to not trigger upon defeating Ivarr in combat. We appreciate that you have taken the time to send us video footage, and this has been shared with the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. We are unable to speculate on the time taken to find a fix for a reported issue, as many things can affect this. If you haven't already, I would recommend taking a look at the Dev Blog, as this provides insight into the internal development processes. There's also an investigation pipeline you can view, which provides more information on why investigations may take longer than anticipated.

If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store and would like to seek a refund, you are welcome to open a support ticket and a member of our store team will take a closer look at this. These requests are handled on a case-by-case basis. I would recommend taking a look at the digital and physical refund policies prior to opening a support ticket, as we are unable to guarantee that a refund will be granted if you don't meet the eligible criteria. If you purchased the game from another retailer, you will need to contact them for more support with your refund request.

@bluemalou - The development team are still investigating this issue further, which is why a fix was not included in TU 1.3.0. You can read a full list of the fixes deployed in this Title Update in the patch notes. Thank you for submitting your save file and additional videos. I can see that these have been forwarded to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

The development team have confirmed that they will not be introducing a "Reset/Restart Quest" feature into the game:

Due to the structure of quests within the game, a "reset/restart quest" feature is not feasible at this stage of development. While some quests and world events allow you to walk away or reload your save in order to reset them, this is not the case for every instance within Valhalla. We strongly recommend regularly adding manual saves, especially before and after pivotal moments, to ensure you have backup states to revert to if needed.

I understand that this may not have been the answer you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. As soon as we have any new updates to share with you all regarding the investigations into "King Killer," we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • lukejohn04
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis hello is there any more updates on fixing king killer. I’ve had to play the game around this mission and avoiding it to the point where I’ve completed missions well out of my skill range just for something to do. I’ve payed for this game and even after months an issue still isn’t fixed. How long do we need to wait to be able to follow Ivarr in this mission?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @lukejohn04!

We have not yet had any updates from the development team regarding any of the ongoing investigations taking place with "King Killer." They are still investigating both issues further at this time. I'll provide a quick status update of the investigations that the development team are currently taking a closer look at in regarding to "King Killer:"

• Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr."
      • Comment: The investigation into this issue has been reopened following reports that players were still unable to "Follow Ivarr" after the release of TU 1.2.2. As soon as we have any updates to share from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread.
    • The cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena.
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting additional videos and the saves of affected players. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look.

We are unable to speculate on how long an investigation may take, as there are several factor that can affect its duration. If you haven't already, I would recommend taking a look at the Dev Blog, as this provides more information on investigation pipelines.

As soon as we have any new information to share with you all from either investigation, we will let you know within this thread. Any updates will also be shared within the News & Announcements forum, so I also recommend checking out this location reguarly.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • coldsteelblue
    2 posts

Wow I hadn't played the game for months & wasn't aware this was such an issue, I've had the problem on Ps4 where after I kill Ivvar the cutscene doesn't load, while I appreciate the reminders that you guys are looking into it, it does get a bit repetative man & feels like it is a non-answer, as this is a major bug & seems to have been in the game since day 1, would it be possible to get an eta dude? Thanks

• izzyv91
    16 posts

@ubi-borealis you and the team can highlight all the words you like. Still not going to change that the dev team should have more than enough footage from players to fix this.
    what other fixes can be more important than a main mission?!
    I think everyone on this thread will agree that there will need to be compensation as this has happened with Unity too; rushed release, QA shouldn’t have been approved and bugs all over the place.
    not good enough guys.

I won’t be buying the next game for sure and wasting my money.

Fix this ASAP

• rhydas
    6 posts

@izzyv91 I'm in agreement with izzy it's sad that the main mission fixes are put aside for the dlc to be lunches I live these games and I don't want to give up but not having a fix is making me stop playing a series I love

• lukejohn04
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis can we have an update on what is happening with this

• Virussen
    3 posts

It's 15-08-2021 patch 1.3.0 and still the King Killer bug is alive. (In Fallout godmode you can restart missions through a command line)
    Isn't there a way that by a patch Ubisoft can restart the King Killer mission to see if it wil work after a restart / reset. Else fix the damned bug o change it that we don't have to follow ivar but he is already there and you have to go to him, a sort of reroute in the game.

• bluemalou
    15 posts

@virussen Like support told why there isn't a reset feature....
    Quote:
    The development team have confirmed that they will not be introducing a "Reset/Restart Quest" feature into the game:

Due to the structure of quests within the game, a "reset/restart quest" feature is not feasible at this stage of development. While some quests and world events allow you to walk away or reload your save in order to reset them, this is not the case for every instance within Valhalla. We strongly recommend regularly adding manual saves, especially before and after pivotal moments, to ensure you have backup states to revert to if needed.

I really can't understand it too. I want to continue the main story and I still can't. This is such a HUGE bug. We are taking about the MAIN STORY. This isn't a side story or anything else.
    I agree with @izzyv91 We gave you enough footage and it isn't changing anything. How long we have to wait?!

In three month it's almost a year that this bug is existing. A bug for the main story. It's unbelievable.

• Virussen
    3 posts

@bluemalou

thanx for the info

i don't believe there is no development godmode in the game.

there must be a way around the glitch.

We know we have to conquer the castle and ther will be a camp i think, so lose the follow ivar scene and directly go to the next scene can't that be programmed ???

Supossed to do :
    if story is variable x then follow ivar

changes to:
    if story variable x then goto camp ivar
    or
    if story variable x then goto castle

Something like that lose the scene lose the glitch

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 295 posts

Hello everyone. I can understand that this is a frustrating issue, and that it's been almost a year since this was reported to us. I'll be more than glad to forward these pieces of feedback, complaints and suggestions to the development team. However, I still don't have an estimate on how long this will take to complete, and the more saves and videos we can give to the team, the better. Since this is still being looked into, I recommend, as @Ubi-Borealis suggested, keeping an eye out here and on our News & Announcements page for any updates as soon as we have one. I appreciate your patience and understanding as we work towards a resolution for you all.

Official Response
  • lukejohn04
    5 posts

@ubistorm
    Hello. This is starting to get out of hand. I’ve really enjoyed this game and have came to a halt because of this. I’ve done every side quest waiting for it to be fixed and nothing has came of it. With the new Paris dlc being released I purchased it for another distraction while I wait for this to be fixed so I can advance the main story. Just to see the king killer quest needs to be completed just for the dlc. With my money wasted on an incomplete game and then money wasted again on a dlc I can’t use I am severely disappointed. Please fix this issue.

• izzyv91
    16 posts

@ubistorm how can you not have an official response yet?!

As mentioned 1000s of times by me and other players; it’s a main mission bug that’s affecting 100s of users. If it’s a case that the dev team are unable to replicate the bug then please be honest and tell us instead of fobbing us off and stating that they “still need more footage”. I work with developers so totally understand that the more info the better about any type of issue, but I can’t see how much for info on the same bug you can get now, as the bug is identical from use to use cross-platform (I’m on PS5)

There has got to be a discount code or free download code that you can give us to continue with the DLCs as this really is a joke and I’m looking to go to the next level up (excuse the pun) to report that nothing sounds like it’s being done or taken seriously above much smaller world bugs that don’t affect gameplay and main story progression.

You’ve lost a player (and I’m sure 100s of others) after I’ve finished this game.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics