Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rhydas
    5 posts

@ubi-woofer Sure when I get a chance I'll do a video and yes my user name is rhydas1 sorry about that

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts

Thanks for confirming your username for us, @rhydas! Please send us that video when it is most convenient for you 😊

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    12 posts

@ubi-woofer any news on the king killer quest? Surely it can’t take this long to sort out this bug. Particularly when you’ve prioritised fixing the hood sounds over this.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @izzyv91!

Thanks for reaching out. I've checked in with the development team and can provide you with an updated status of the ongoing investigations into "King Killer."

• Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr."
      • Comment: The investigation into this issue has been reopened following reports that players were still unable to "Follow Ivarr" after the release of TU 1.2.2. As soon as we have any updates to share from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread.
    • The cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena.
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting additional videos and the saves of affected players. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look.

I understand that this may not be the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. I would like to assure you that the development team have been looking into this issue further following its reopening. The player support team is checking in on the investigation regularly. As soon as we have any new information to share with you all regarding the investigations into "King Killer," we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bluemalou
    12 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • bluemalou
    12 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • izzyv91
    12 posts

you are kidding right?

you’re aware that I’ve given as much video footage as I can MONTHS ago! How is this cutscene issue STILL A PROBLEM.

Want my money back or a code for the DLC like Ubisoft did for Unity.
    unbelievable.

• bluemalou
    12 posts

It's really unbelievable. New Valhalla update and you didn't solved the problem since months? I also gave you much footage, also my save datas and still nothing. I can't continue the MAIN STORY and this problem is available since release! It's almost a year, that isn't alright!

I have the feeling this problem will NEVER solved and this is something I have paid for it... It's very hard to not to be in anger

It's just my opinion, but it would be also a solution when there is a "reset" button for this "King Killer" quest so I have the chance to restart the battle against Ivarr. And I also guess it's NOT TOO HARD to programming such a simple feature.

• bluemalou
    12 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@izzyv91 - Please rest assured that the development team are still investigating this issue further, and what could potentially causing the cutscene to not trigger upon defeating Ivarr in combat. We appreciate that you have taken the time to send us video footage, and this has been shared with the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. We are unable to speculate on the time taken to find a fix for a reported issue, as many things can affect this. If you haven't already, I would recommend taking a look at the Dev Blog, as this provides insight into the internal development processes. There's also an investigation pipeline you can view, which provides more information on why investigations may take longer than anticipated.

If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store and would like to seek a refund, you are welcome to open a support ticket and a member of our store team will take a closer look at this. These requests are handled on a case-by-case basis. I would recommend taking a look at the digital and physical refund policies prior to opening a support ticket, as we are unable to guarantee that a refund will be granted if you don't meet the eligible criteria. If you purchased the game from another retailer, you will need to contact them for more support with your refund request.

@bluemalou - The development team are still investigating this issue further, which is why a fix was not included in TU 1.3.0. You can read a full list of the fixes deployed in this Title Update in the patch notes. Thank you for submitting your save file and additional videos. I can see that these have been forwarded to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

The development team have confirmed that they will not be introducing a "Reset/Restart Quest" feature into the game:

Due to the structure of quests within the game, a "reset/restart quest" feature is not feasible at this stage of development. While some quests and world events allow you to walk away or reload your save in order to reset them, this is not the case for every instance within Valhalla. We strongly recommend regularly adding manual saves, especially before and after pivotal moments, to ensure you have backup states to revert to if needed.

I understand that this may not have been the answer you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. As soon as we have any new updates to share with you all regarding the investigations into "King Killer," we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics