ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5950 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences regarding "King Killer," as well as sharing your feedback regarding the ongoing investigation. I am sorry that these issues are impacting on your gaming experience, and that they are preventing you from progressing further in Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

We have requested more information from the development team regarding the investigations taking place with "King Killer." We don't yet have any updates from either investigation to share with you all. As soon as we have any new details from the development team regarding either investigation, we will let you know within this thread once this information is made available to us.

For clarity's sake, I'd like to provide a summary of the ongoing investigations into "King Killer" below. If you do not see the issue you've encountered listed below, then please don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a closer look:

• Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr."
      • Comment: The investigation into this issue has been reopened following reports that players were still unable to "Follow Ivarr" after the release of TU 1.2.2. As soon as we have any updates to share from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread.
    • The cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena.
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting additional videos and the saves of affected players. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look. In the meantime, we would recommend that you try reloading an earlier save from before the fight to see if this allows you to progress further.

@Nobody2199 - I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble whilst fighting Ivarr. Just to clarify, are you stuck in the arena, or did the fight not properly finish after Ivarr fell off the cliff? If you're able to provide video which shows the following, I'd like to forward this to the development team so they can take a closer look at this:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main menu.
    • Your active quest log, showing your current objective in "King Killer."
    • That Ivarr has fallen outside of the fight arena, and that the quest cannot be progressed.

I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube of Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at. Additionally, please ensure that your affected save file has been uploaded to the Cloud. You can check this by looking for the cloud icon on your save file.

@MGK4LIFEBISH - I'm sorry to hear that Ivarr isn't moving for you in "King Killer." I've forwarded your report to the development team for use in the ongoing investigation. If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread.

@wildhorses101 - I'm sorry to hear that Ivarr has become stuck on a roof. Would you be able to provide us with a video that demonstrates this in-game? We can then forward this to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Just to confirm, if you try reloading an earlier save, does it allow you to progress further? Or does Ivarr remain stuck?

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • ThrustMuffin7
    2 posts

Help!!!
    Upon arrival of the camp before going to the castle, my next objective is to speak with Ivarr. The only issue is that every time I approach him there is no “speak” prompt. Even the objective market does not show up on the map (attached picture). Has anyone else been having this issue? I know there was a patch going out today (01/22/22) but I don’t see that it has fixed this problem. I would appreciate any feedback 🙂 !

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @ThrustMuffin7! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry that you're unable to speak to Ivarr as part of "King Killer." Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us within this thread, and for including some additional images. It doesn't look like this issue has been reported before (as it's slightly different to being unable to follow Ivarr), so I've now forwarded your report to the dedicated teams for a closer look.

If we require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread. In the meantime, any future updates for "King Killer" will be posted within this thread and via patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum, so I recommend that you check out these places regularly.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ThrustMuffin7
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Awesome! Thank you for taking a closer look at this, as I too was not finding this issue elsewhere.

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @ThrustMuffin7! Please feel welcome to reach out to us at any time if you have any further questions or concerns. Once we have any updates to share, they will be posted within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum as soon as they are available. 🙂

Official Response
  • auditorello...
    13 posts
    hi everyone I have the same problem for more than a year I don't know what to do or what to do please ubisoft give me some news or a date ...

• auditorello...
    13 posts

• auditorello...
    13 posts
    please help me and for a year that I do not know what to do or what to wait tell me that at least you are at a good point in solving it I have tried everything

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @auditorello!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to follow Ivarr during "King Killer." Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us, and for including a video. I've shared this with the development team for use in the ongoing investigation into this quest.

As soon as we have any updates to share with you from the investigation into "King Killer," including any news of an ETA for a resolution, we will let you know within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be posted within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes, so please keep an eye out for these.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • auditorello...
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis sorry ... i wanted to know this problem we are having it only on xbox one console or is it for all platforms?

• Ubi-Borealis

We've had reports of players being unable to progress in "King Killer" on multiple platforms, @auditorello, and these reports are being used by the development team as they investigate this issue further.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know! 😊

Official Response
  • auditorello...
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis yes I have another question. I bought the new expansion "ragnarok" is it possible that with this release there is also an update that could eliminate this bug? thanks always

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2225 posts

Hey there @auditorello, I am afraid I cannot answer that question as it is still being investigated. As soon as we receive any updates regarding the issue, we will update the thread and let you all know. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    38 posts

How has this still not been investigated? How far up the list is it?! I’ve competed all Asgard/Jotunheim/Ireland/Vinland/Norway/France missions in the time that it’s taken to gather more evidence.

• auditorello...
    13 posts
    @ubi-gizmo hi ubisoft I had read that with the new update 1.5 the problems with the king killer mission would be solved !! but I don't see any change. Ivar continues to do and say nothing .... I'm waiting for news

• auditorello...
    13 posts
    hi ubisoft I had read that with the new update 1.5 the problems with the king killer mission would be solved !! but I don't see any change. Ivar continues to do and say nothing .... I'm waiting for news

• izzyv91
    38 posts

@auditorello yeah I’m waiting for news too. They’ve fixed the cinematic end on another quest but not this one which is blocking hundreds of users from completing the main story line…hmm would be good to hear from the dev team on this

if it’s fixed, I’ll shut my mouth 😂

UPDATE:
    they have NOT fixed the cut scene at the end of King Killer….why am I not surprised

• izzyv91
    38 posts

and still no update to our queries 🤣

• izzyv91
    38 posts

@ubi-gizmo PLEASE CAN WE GET AN UPDATE OM WHETHER ITS AT LEAST TOWARDS THE END OF THE INVESTIGATION?!

• FrrrrAAAzzeBear
    3 posts
    @ubi-gizmo PLEASE CAN WE GET AN UPDATE OM WHETHER ITS AT LEAST TOWARDS THE END OF THE INVESTIGATION?!

Good evening Izzy Thanks for this post , and ALL in the Post

I too was struggling with Following Ivvar, I have found a FIX , after 2/3 hours of trying , heres what to do , go back to start of the mission where u meet Ivarr on mountain top

Re START THE MISSION , raid all the doors / drawbridges , then you will get to The King Rhodri and Ivarr fight

now when you are told to pick up King R , You load him on your / Eivor's horse he is slumped on the back , Ivarr will get on his horse , and you both gallop out of the Castle and Issue solved

Hope this Helps You and everyone 😃😃

Suggested Topics