Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@nschueren Thank you for sharing this image here! In order to share a video on the forums, please first upload the video clip to a streaming website such as YouTube, then post the video link here.

@guest-fvYnwLGx I'm extremely sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue since November. Please rest assured that our teams are working as diligently as they are able to in order to resolve all the reported issues, including these two that occur within "King Killer". As my colleague Ubi-Borealis mentioned above, if you could clarify which of the two issues you're facing, then provide video footage and possibly your affected saves, that would be extremely helpful for the team's investigation. Regarding any worry about these issues not being added to the megathread list or Known Issues thread, neither of these pages are exhaustive, meaning they do not contain all issues that are currently being looked into by the development team. I hope this puts your mind at ease!

Official Response
  • HrothgarJuggern
    2 posts

In the "King Killer" quest I cannot speak to Ivarr and cannot continue with the game. Other gamers having same issue

• HrothgarJuggern
    2 posts

In the "King Killer" quest I cannot speak to Ivarr and cannot continue with the game. Other gamers having same issue

• UbiExcellent

@hrothgarjuggern Thanks for letting us know that you're impacted by the following issue:

• Unable to follow Ivarr as he stops moving.

Can you provide a video of this to us please? In order to attach videos to the forum, please first upload the footage to a streaming website (such as YouTube) then post the link here.

Official Response
  • UbiExcellent
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • izzyv91
    8 posts

@ubiexcellent my issue is that I’ve killed Ivarr but he fell outside of the arena and when he did, I’ve had no cutscene to end the mission. I had to fast travel and come back to get out of the arena, but now there’s two of him; the one I killed and now a random alive one who doesn’t register damage.

tweeted the video

• fotisk2
    4 posts

@ubi-wan After so many weeks and still the problem persists. I uninstalled the game, i installed again and i have the same issue. Pls Help!!!

• UbiExcellent

@izzyv91 Wow, that's definitely a strange issue you've encountered. Thank you for including this Twitter link with the footage you've captured. I've made sure the appropriate teams have this clip at their disposal to further their on-going investigations and will share any findings when possible.

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    8 posts

@ubiexcellent It's been months since this same issue was reported by another in this thread. Has it been added to the Major bug list thread and will it be released in the next update as there are TONNES of bugs that I'm now experiencing; the horse hoof sounds missing are just one of the others.

I can't proceed with the game and I'm sure that, like me, many others who are having issues completing this mission are contemplating the future with the AC series.

• UbiExcellent

@izzyv91 Your frustration here is completely understandable. With that being said, I'm afraid that no further updates for the quest "King Killer" have been shared with us, so I do not have anything new I can post about here as of yet. On a slightly different note, the issue with the hoof sounds no longer playing should be fixed in a future patch! Please feel free to check the following forum thread for details about this issue.

Official Response
  • bluemalou
    2 posts

I have exactly the same problem like @izzyv91
    After defeating Ivarr nothing happens. There is a dead Ivarr on the ground and another Ivarr who is always triggering a battle without happening anything. I also can't hitting or damaging him.
    I have recorded it on my Twitch:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/986285547

Also the quest mission is completely gone. I have this problem since weeks. I'm playing on PS4.

• fotisk2
    4 posts

@bluemalou Exactly the same here on PC

• izzyv91
    8 posts

@ubiexcellent thanks for getting back to me about the hoof patch. But that seems inconsequential compared to a main story quest that’s blocking completion of the game?

• UbiExcellent

@bluemalou Thank you so much for sharing this Twitch link! I've just gotten that over to our teams to be reviewed further.

@fotisk2 Understood! I'll let the teams know this. 😊

@izzyv91 Of course. I'm sorry that I do not have any updates to share regarding the issue with "King Killer" at this time.

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    8 posts

@ubiexcellent any updates on king killer? I’ve just updated and this main mission bug STILL HASNT BEEN FIXED. Please pass on my displeasure to your tech team and get them to step it up

• prodriguez4890
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • izzyv91
    8 posts

@ubiexcellent also why is it still not on either of the known issues list or Megathread?

it’s an item that player across multiple platforms (I’m playing PS4 game on PS5) have been experiencing since at least NOVEMBER 2020!

• bluemalou
    2 posts

Still no bug fix to "Killer King" after the latest update. It's really frustrating not contuing the main story since so many weeks. I really don't understand it...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1332 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. I've merged some additional similar threads into this megathread, so we can keep all information and updates from the investigations in one place.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to share their reports, and to include additional images/videos. These have been forwarded to the development team as part of the ongoing investigations I'd like to provide an update on the status of the investigations regarding "King Killer."

• Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr."
      • Comment: The development team intends to resolve this issue in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for this update's release. Once we have more information to share, it will be posted in this thread and in the News & Announcements forum
    • The cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena.
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting additional videos and the saves of affected players. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look.

If you are encountering a different issue to the ones listed above, please provide a detailed description of the trouble you're encountering, as well as a video of the issue occuring in-game. We can then pass this on for further investigation.

As mentioned by my colleague @UbiExcellent, the Known Issues List and the Megathread List are non-exhaustive, and the issue you're encountering may not be present. I'd like to assure you all that this doesn't mean an investigation isn't taking place, or that it has been closed. I have now added this thread to the Megathread List, as you have requested. The Known Issues List is not managed by the player support team, so we have no control of this. We have passed on the suggestion to the Community Team to see if it could potentially be added in the future.

If you haven't already, I would also recommend taking the time to read the recent Dev Blog, as this provides more insight into the internal development processes and how investigations are carried out.

Thank you 😊

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics