Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1883 posts

Hello there @rhydas! Welcome to the forums 🙂

The issue wherein the player is unable to follow Ivarr or trigger the cutscene before the siege is due to be resolved in a future update. We don't yet have an ETA for when this fix will be released. Once we have more information to share from the development team, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • rhydas
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis thanks for getting back about this

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @rhydas 🙂 It looks like the development team intend to resolve the issue wherein Ivarr doesn't move or trigger the cutscene in TU 1.2.2. This is targeted to be released in June. Once we have a confirmed release date, we will let you know within the forums.

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis any news about being able to complete the King Killer quest after killing Ivarr? I’ve not touched the game for 3 months because of this. All players who’ve suffered with this should have some kind of compensation like a free DLC download code as it’s a main mission stopper.
    just like Ubisoft did with Unity as the release was rushed for that one as well.

• bluemalou
    4 posts

@Ubi-borealis I would like to know the same. I really want to complete King Killer. But this case isn't in the release in June. It's really frustrating that this bug isn't still fixed and it seems this problem exists since release on November 2020. Over half of a year! We have almost June now! A compensation for this would be really nice...

• auditorello...
    1 posts

Hi everyone! Has someone happened Ivarr doesn't move just before the caustow castle mission? I should follow him but he doesn't move and I can't continue the game. I'm going crazy!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @izzyv91 & @bluemalou,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We don't yet have any new updates regarding the release date for the fix for "King Killer," wherein Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr." We would be unable to speculate on whether this issue will be included in the next Title Update at this time. I understand that this may not be the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. Rest assured that as soon as we have any new information to share about this fix, it will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum. Any patch notes for the next Title Update will also be shared within the News & Announcements forums.

If you are affected by the issue wherein the cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena, the development team are still investigating this further. If you have been affected by this issue, please would you be able to provide a video that shows the cutscene doesn't trigger after the battle. We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

Any compensation to be offered would be the decision of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team. The player support team has no influence over this decision. I have passed on your feedback regarding this to the dedicated teams.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • bluemalou
    4 posts

@Ubi-Borealis I can only share you this video where you can see the fight against Ivarr. After I defeated him it seems he was glitching and then nothing happens:

My save datas are also in the cloud. All save games have this problem. You have just to go to the battlefield and Ivarr is just standing there and another "ghost" Ivarr is lying on the ground.

I hope this will help.

• rhydas
    3 posts
    • It's kinda sad that we won't have a fix to this issue due to what I'm guessing is the next dlc pack but I was really looking forward to finishing off the main story before I start the dlc after ive finished the main story
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 586 posts

@auditorello Apologies for the late response. I have merged your post with a mega thread we have created for this issue.

I can confirm that the development team are intending to fix this with a future update, however we have no ETA on when the update will be released.

Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

@bluemalou Thanks for the video provided, I will forward this on to the development team.

@rhydas As Ubi-Borealis previously advised the issue you are experiencing is intended to be fixed in a future update, we are just unable to provide you with an ETA on when the update will be released. Please keep checking the links above that I mentioned for updates.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics