Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rhydas
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis thanks for getting back about this

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts

You're welcome, @rhydas 🙂 It looks like the development team intend to resolve the issue wherein Ivarr doesn't move or trigger the cutscene in TU 1.2.2. This is targeted to be released in June. Once we have a confirmed release date, we will let you know within the forums.

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis any news about being able to complete the King Killer quest after killing Ivarr? I’ve not touched the game for 3 months because of this. All players who’ve suffered with this should have some kind of compensation like a free DLC download code as it’s a main mission stopper.
    just like Ubisoft did with Unity as the release was rushed for that one as well.

• bluemalou
    12 posts

@Ubi-borealis I would like to know the same. I really want to complete King Killer. But this case isn't in the release in June. It's really frustrating that this bug isn't still fixed and it seems this problem exists since release on November 2020. Over half of a year! We have almost June now! A compensation for this would be really nice...

• auditorello...
    1 posts

Hi everyone! Has someone happened Ivarr doesn't move just before the caustow castle mission? I should follow him but he doesn't move and I can't continue the game. I'm going crazy!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @izzyv91 & @bluemalou,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We don't yet have any new updates regarding the release date for the fix for "King Killer," wherein Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr." We would be unable to speculate on whether this issue will be included in the next Title Update at this time. I understand that this may not be the update you were hoping for, and apologise for any disappointment caused. Rest assured that as soon as we have any new information to share about this fix, it will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum. Any patch notes for the next Title Update will also be shared within the News & Announcements forums.

If you are affected by the issue wherein the cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena, the development team are still investigating this further. If you have been affected by this issue, please would you be able to provide a video that shows the cutscene doesn't trigger after the battle. We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

Any compensation to be offered would be the decision of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team. The player support team has no influence over this decision. I have passed on your feedback regarding this to the dedicated teams.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • bluemalou
    12 posts

@Ubi-Borealis I can only share you this video where you can see the fight against Ivarr. After I defeated him it seems he was glitching and then nothing happens:

My save datas are also in the cloud. All save games have this problem. You have just to go to the battlefield and Ivarr is just standing there and another "ghost" Ivarr is lying on the ground.

I hope this will help.

• rhydas
    5 posts
    • It's kinda sad that we won't have a fix to this issue due to what I'm guessing is the next dlc pack but I was really looking forward to finishing off the main story before I start the dlc after ive finished the main story
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1165 posts

@auditorello Apologies for the late response. I have merged your post with a mega thread we have created for this issue.

I can confirm that the development team are intending to fix this with a future update, however we have no ETA on when the update will be released.

Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

@bluemalou Thanks for the video provided, I will forward this on to the development team.

@rhydas As Ubi-Borealis previously advised the issue you are experiencing is intended to be fixed in a future update, we are just unable to provide you with an ETA on when the update will be released. Please keep checking the links above that I mentioned for updates.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "King Killer" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fix for the following issue:

• Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr."

If you are still encountering issues when following Ivarr in "King Killer" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd like to provide you with a status update regarding the ongoing investigations with "King Killer:"

• The cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena.
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting additional videos and the saves of affected players. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • guest-ggUHuarX
    2 posts

I am still unable to progress in the King Killer quest. Ivarr does not move and the cut scene does not start. I am running the latest update (1.2.2), and my latest save is uploaded to the cloud. Please resolve this!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @guest-ggUHuarX! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble in "King Killer" following the release of TU 1.2.2. To help us to take a closer look at this, would you be able to send us a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • Ivarr doesn't follow you when prompted, and that you are unable to progress further in "King Killer."

We can then forward this report to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • guest-ggUHuarX
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Here is the video. Sorry for the quality, but Xbox video capture wouldn't capture anything after the save screen.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks so much for the video, @guest-ggUHuarX! I can see that Ivarr is refusing to move in your video. I've passed this along to the development team and reopened the investigation into this issue with "King Killer."

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread.

If any other player is still unable to progress in "King Killer" due to being unable to follow Ivarr, please don't hesitate to share your report within this thread. We can then pass these along to the development team for use in the reopened investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis any update on the King Killer Arena bug?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @izzyv91,

Thank you for the update! After checking this for you I can see that this issue is under investigation. Once we have more details from the development team, we are going to let everyone know through this megathread.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • doryi
    1 posts

Hi everyone. So I got to this King Killer quest and had the same issue as everyone here : was unable to continue due to Ivarr being stuck after killing him. After reading all your comment I was just disappointed, thinking that I will not be able to continue the game. But I did go back to my last save anyway, just try and fix it myself and it worked lol. When fighting Ivarr you can not let him leave the area where you first started fighting (where Rhodri is hanging). If he dies there, the quest will continue and the cinematic will start. It's worth a shot!
    Sorry if it doesn't work, though. I thought I'd share what worked for me 🙂

• Karloatl
    3 posts

@skullr4fael I reported this to ubisoft feb 21, more than 4 months now. At that moment I checked the forums. People has been reported this since nov 2020. I don't think they're ever gong to fix it 😞

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@doryi - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with "King Killer" with us, and to let us know how you were able to resolve the issue and progress further 🙂

@Karloatl - I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing trouble in "King Killer." I've taken a look at your older posts, and it looks like you're encountering trouble when prompted to "Follow Ivarr." Is this correct?

As this issue should have been resolved following the release of TU 1.2.2, would you be able to send us a video that shows the following:

• Ivarr doesn't follow you when prompted, and that you are unable to progress further in "King Killer."

We can then forward this to the development team, who are currently investigating what is potentially causing this issue on TU 1.2.2.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • lukejohn04
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis I am also unable to progress with this mission after 1.2.2.1. I am unable to ‘follow ivarr’ I left it for a few days after seeing this forum assuming it would be fixed with 1.2.2. It hasn’t been fixed and I can’t progress.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics