ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Thank you for sharing these comments and sentiment on the current situation @bluemalou , I apologise you feel so frustrated by this issue.

Please understand that these investigations are handled by the game development team, therefore, we can only share the details available to us and cannot make any guarantees as to when a fix is planned for release without being this information being confirmed by the team.

We appreciate hearing this again and again is frustrating in itself and will pass your comments onto the relevant teams.

In the meantime though, we still welcome your comments and will continue to monitor this issue from our side and let you know as and when we have anything to share.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation into the issues with "King Killer." The dedicated teams have confirmed that they will be deploying a fix for the following issue in a future update:

• Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr."

We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be released for the game. Once we have more details to share, they will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be posted within the News & Announcements forum.

I'd like to therefore provide an updated status of the ongoing investigations into "King Killer." You can learn more about these below:

• Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr."
      • Comment: This issue is due to be resolved in a future update. Once we have more details to share, they will be posted within this thread and the News & Announcements forum.
    • The cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena.
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting additional videos and the saves of affected players. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look. In the meantime, we would recommend that you try reloading an earlier save from before the fight to see if this allows you to progress further.
    • After fast travelling away from the arena, there are two Ivarrs (one dead and one invincible).
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting additional videos and the saves of affected players. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look. In the meantime, we would recommend that you try reloading an earlier save from before the fight to see if this allows you to progress further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    38 posts

@ubi-borealis well if you manage to fast travel out of the Arena on the cinematic cutscene issue. When you go back there’s two Ivarrs

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2352 posts

Hello @izzyv91,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with additional information. Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can pass it along to the development team as well?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    38 posts

@ubi-mark I’ve already provided it to your colleagues earlier in the thread and on twitter. The devs already have more than enough to go on

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @izzyv91!

I apologise for any confusion caused. I've checked in on the investigations into "King Killer," and I can confirm that your report regarding two Ivarrs (and the video you provided) was forwarded to the dedicated teams at the time you originally shared it.

This issue is currently under investigation, and I've now added it to my earlier post regarding ongoing investigations into "King Killer." Once we have any updates to share, they will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. A fix for "King Killer" is due to be deployed in TU 1.5.2, which will be released May 24th 2022. You can read the patch notes for this update here!

Ivarr does not move during the King Killer quest.

If you are still having following Ivarr in "King Killer" following the release of TU 1.5.2, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread. When providing a report, please include a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • You are still unable to follow Ivarr in "King Killer."

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

The dedicated teams are still investigating other reported issues with "King Killer," which you can learn more about below:

• The cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena.
    • After fast travelling away from the arena, there are two Ivarrs (one dead and one invincible).

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    38 posts

Gamers: having spoken to the live chat team too, they’ve said that it’s not been fixed due to the lack of reports; “unfortunately there are not enough reports from players in regards to the issue”…conflicting information given to me by them. Saying the above and then straight away saying that “they are working of the problem”…. Hmmm?

@ubi-borealis

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 828 posts

@izzyv91 Apologies for any conflicting information. The team implemented a fix for the issue in the recent update. If you're still experiencing the issue, please let us know.

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    38 posts

@ubi-mushy as I’m still fighting for this issue to be fixed, of course I am. If there’s been no update since my last post then how would the issue be fixed?!

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 334 posts

@izzyv91 Hey there! Sorry for any confusion but just to check, is this in regards to the issue where two Ivarrs will spawn? If so, that issue is still being investigated by the team. The issues where Ivarr doesn't speak/move during "King Killer" should be resolved, however.

Official Response
  • bluemalou
    19 posts

I have recorded this terrible bug so many months ago and I also posted it into this forum many months ago too!

Here you have also the timestamp of 8:14

So you can see after I have killed Ivar nothing is happening. Also the main mission disappear and Ivar also glitched from Eivors hand. And after that there are two Ivars: One invisible and one dead. There was also no cutscene.

You can also use my save data in the cloud which is also available since MONTHS. But still it isn't fixed. You have all this information since months.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1138 posts

@bluemalou Hi there! My apologies for the delayed reply. Our team is currently investigating the two Ivvars issue and the cinematic not triggering at this time! I also appreciate you sharing that you have your saves uploaded to the cloud. I apologize for the frustration this issue has caused for you. Have you attempted to reload an earlier save from before the fight to see if it allows you to progress further?

Official Response

Suggested Topics