Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3664 posts

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "King Killer" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fix for the following issue:

• Ivarr doesn't move when prompted to "Follow Ivarr."

If you are still encountering issues when following Ivarr in "King Killer" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd like to provide you with a status update regarding the ongoing investigations with "King Killer:"

• The cinematic at the end of the fight with Ivarr doesn't trigger, and Eivor is stuck in the arena.
      • Comment: The development team are interested in collecting additional videos and the saves of affected players. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then notify the development team so they can take a closer look.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • guest-ggUHuarX
    2 posts

I am still unable to progress in the King Killer quest. Ivarr does not move and the cut scene does not start. I am running the latest update (1.2.2), and my latest save is uploaded to the cloud. Please resolve this!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @guest-ggUHuarX! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble in "King Killer" following the release of TU 1.2.2. To help us to take a closer look at this, would you be able to send us a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • Ivarr doesn't follow you when prompted, and that you are unable to progress further in "King Killer."

We can then forward this report to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • guest-ggUHuarX
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Here is the video. Sorry for the quality, but Xbox video capture wouldn't capture anything after the save screen.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks so much for the video, @guest-ggUHuarX! I can see that Ivarr is refusing to move in your video. I've passed this along to the development team and reopened the investigation into this issue with "King Killer."

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread.

If any other player is still unable to progress in "King Killer" due to being unable to follow Ivarr, please don't hesitate to share your report within this thread. We can then pass these along to the development team for use in the reopened investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • izzyv91
    16 posts

@ubi-borealis any update on the King Killer Arena bug?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1361 posts

Hello @izzyv91,

Thank you for the update! After checking this for you I can see that this issue is under investigation. Once we have more details from the development team, we are going to let everyone know through this megathread.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • doryi
    1 posts

Hi everyone. So I got to this King Killer quest and had the same issue as everyone here : was unable to continue due to Ivarr being stuck after killing him. After reading all your comment I was just disappointed, thinking that I will not be able to continue the game. But I did go back to my last save anyway, just try and fix it myself and it worked lol. When fighting Ivarr you can not let him leave the area where you first started fighting (where Rhodri is hanging). If he dies there, the quest will continue and the cinematic will start. It's worth a shot!
    Sorry if it doesn't work, though. I thought I'd share what worked for me 🙂

• Karloatl
    3 posts

@skullr4fael I reported this to ubisoft feb 21, more than 4 months now. At that moment I checked the forums. People has been reported this since nov 2020. I don't think they're ever gong to fix it 😞

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@doryi - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with "King Killer" with us, and to let us know how you were able to resolve the issue and progress further 🙂

@Karloatl - I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing trouble in "King Killer." I've taken a look at your older posts, and it looks like you're encountering trouble when prompted to "Follow Ivarr." Is this correct?

As this issue should have been resolved following the release of TU 1.2.2, would you be able to send us a video that shows the following:

• Ivarr doesn't follow you when prompted, and that you are unable to progress further in "King Killer."

We can then forward this to the development team, who are currently investigating what is potentially causing this issue on TU 1.2.2.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • lukejohn04
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis I am also unable to progress with this mission after 1.2.2.1. I am unable to ‘follow ivarr’ I left it for a few days after seeing this forum assuming it would be fixed with 1.2.2. It hasn’t been fixed and I can’t progress.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @lukejohn04! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to follow Ivarr in "King Killer" following TU 1.2.2. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us. The investigation into this issue has been reopened and the development team are taking a closer look.

Would you be able to let us know the username of the account you use to play Assassin's Creed: Valhalla on? I've checked the account you've contacted us from, and it doesn't look like you play the game on lukejohn04.

I can then share your report with the development team.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • lukejohn04
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis I play on my Xbox. My name on there is LJCowen

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing that information with me, @lukejohn04! I've shared your report with the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. 🙂

Official Response
  • rhydas
    6 posts

I'm.to.not able to move on with the quest still after the update my user name is rhydas1

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1092 posts

Hey there @rhydas, thank you for letting us know that you are still unable to progress with "King Killer" following the latest game updates. Just to confirm, your issue is that the cutscene does not trigger after following Ivarr / that Ivarr stops moving, is that correct?

If so, are you able to provide a video demonstrating that the issue persists for you? It would be helpful if you could share one with us in the form of a YouTube link, so that we can forward the video onto any other team members who will need to review it.

I also would like to clarify if you have provided the correct account username for where you play Assassin's Creed Valhalla, as I couldn't see the game recently played on either the account you are posting here on Discussions from (rhydas) or the account you mentioned in your post (rhydas1)? Can you please open the Ubisoft Connect overlay in-game and let me know what your Ubisoft Account username is from there? Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • bluemalou
    15 posts

Is King Killer Bug Arena still under investigation? I don't see any new info about that and it makes me really sad and also angry not to continue the main story due to this bug since over half a year -.-

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1092 posts

Hey @bluemalou! Just to clarify, are you asking whether the issue with the cutscene not starting after spoiler is still under investigation? If so, I can confirm that it is, and that the developers are still investigating this at the moment. We're continuing to gather any additional reports and forward them to the team alongside videos of the issue occurring for them to review.

I will see if I can get an update from the team as to their progress, as I can see that it has been a little while now since we heard anything new about this particular investigation. Thank you for your understanding at this time. 🙂 Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns that I can help with in the meantime.

Official Response
  • rhydas
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer Sure when I get a chance I'll do a video and yes my user name is rhydas1 sorry about that

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for confirming your username for us, @rhydas! Please send us that video when it is most convenient for you 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics