Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 642 posts

Hello

For River Raids, the keys seem to have dried up after either the 1.2.0 patch or the server fix. Have I just been very unlucky? My last three raids had one (Exe), one and then two (both Severn) locked chests but no keys anywhere.

My Jomsviking is level 3, has been a while. I have two friends Jomsviking for the raids but their level has never gone up, even though they've been on most raids. Is that expected?

Cheers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22

I just did another raid and keys appeared; this time there were two locked chests, one in each of two locations, and two keys, both in one of the two locations with the chests. So that evened out okay, but earlier today, as noted, there were three locked chests in two different raids but no keys were in those locations.

From this am I right in thinking that there probably ARE enough keys but they only appear in random locations? So if there are six chests on a given map then there are six keys but the key location is randomised, so if you leave before raiding the right locations the chance to open the locked chests is lost - is that right?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1750 posts

Hello @SpirantCrayon22,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

After checking this for you, I can confirm that you should be able to get all keys to open chests in River Raids 🙂

Regarding the Jomsvikings, only yours will level up, as they're part of your crew permanently.

I hope it clarifies the situation and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-mark

Thank you for the response. I am not sure that it works as I usually end up with spare keys or chests I can't open. That means either (1) it is not working properly or (2) there really are enough keys on each map but the only way of finding them all and unlocking all chests is to loot all sites thoroughly on every single raid.

What I have done so far is loot a river until the ship is full, then returned but at that point if there was a chest I couldn't unlock it's gone. I have only once or twice found the same number of keys and chests.

Please would you confirm how it's supposed to work, what is the best way of getting all chests.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@spirantcrayon22 What I noticed was (beware, this is just my observation after raiding the same map consecutively), some locations within a map seem to have 2 layouts, which sometimes affect the locations of chests and keys. I was not even certain whether the no. of locked chests & keys match exactly.

So what I did was I went to each and every location within a map, WITHOUT returning to Ravensthorpe, to check whether I got every chest, big and small. I also marked down whether there were chests which required keys, and I would go back to other locations which spawned keys. I NEVER hoard any river raid keys just in case I could not use them and they just sit in my Inventory forever.

@ubi-mark could you pass this to the development team? If other players' Jomsvikings only level up within their own worlds, why does the game display their rankings to us? All of them are Rank 1 anyway, never 2 or 3, so what is the point of showing ranks?

Suggested Topics