Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Marodir
    Original poster 45 posts

Hi, may I recommend that the menus that are 'pull-out' from the sides on the mobile forum are made a bit harder to.activate. For example requiring that tye pull happens near their respective sides of the screen? Because I keep getting frustrated and annoyed that they active as I'm scrolling straight dowm the middle of the page using my thumb. Even the slightest movement to either side pull out the menus, making it a nightmare to move back and forth in longer forum posts, or posts with many comments.

Thank you!😊

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• mshedpotatoes
    0 posts

I don't know if it's because it preloads part of the content or something, but it seems that if on mobile in your browser you go to top right > "Add to homescreen" (on chrome android at least), it creates a mini app on your phone that seems to be a bit smoother than the browser version for me.

• kizza0721
    63 posts

I think the added features for mobile seem pretty great. Following threads, getting notifications about comments and updates are great. After using it for a couple weeks i can see this is a notable improvement in many areas. I use this exclusively on mobile and think the mew setup, with time, will be so much better than the old system. Already enjoying some of the extra features i have access to.

• GabrielleStrike
    1 posts

I came to this page after trying to Google why I keep getting an Online Service Error that says Ubisoft "received too many requests in quick succession from your account".

I'm on my phone (Samsung Note 8, yeah sorry lol) and this page just went haywire trying to load. I don't even know what I was SUPPOSED to see from the Google link lol. But it was so jarring I thought I'd take advantage of the button that asked me to give feedback for the forum.

Criticism of this page on mobile and the annoying Online Services errors aside though - I just want to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. So if any game... making... developing... people are reading this (sorry, I really don't understand anything about how games are made), I just want y'all to know you've done a bang up job. Yes, I miss the functionality of the birds from Origins and Odyssey. Yes, I miss the combat and second ability wheel (ok I REALLY REALLY MISS the second wheel) from Odyssey. Yes, I might be slightly annoyed at the fact that fabric is horrifically difficult to find.

BUT - this game is so much fun. It's beautiful, engaging, a little glitchy (so what?), detailed, full of story and life, frustrating, fun, intriguing, annoying, well-acted, impressive... And did I say beautiful? It's [censored] gorgeous, just like all the others.

So thank you!

But also, please for the love of God fix this online service error thing because it is just SO annoying.

😄

• Skakilia
    3 posts

This website is insanely unfriendly on mobile. When typing, the box becomes incredibly small and text overlaps. When the keyboard is closed the box does expand but it's hard to scroll to check what you wrote. Browsing is also just, uncomfortable. Sometimes I wonder if complaints on Reddit make their way back to you, because at least Reddit is fine on mobile. This site is so cumbersome I hate when I need to use it. And considering I haven't even gotten acknowledgement on the bug I've reported multiple times, it's even more frustrating.

• ZomBotz
    3 posts

@skakilia works great for me mate.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

@Marodir - Please accept my apologies that your post did not receive a reply until now. Thank you for taking the time to reach out and share your feedback regarding the sensitivity of opening the side menus on mobile. I've forwarded this to the developers, and will try my best to keep you updated should any changes be implemented. If you have any additional comments to add, please don't hesitate to let me know.

@mshedpotatoes - Are you still noticing improved performance when using the shortcut you have created from Chrome on Android? I just tested this myself but couldn't discern clear differences in performance, so I'm interested to hear what changes you noticed. Was it the speed of the site? The responsiveness when navigating? Any additional information would be much appreciated! 🙂

@kizza0721 - Again, it's very great to hear that you're enjoying the Discussions mobile experience! Please do let us know if you have any additional feedback to share, or if you have any suggestions / requests for improvements!

@GabrielleStrike - Please allow me to apologise for the delay in our response to your post! I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered when visiting Discussions, and that the site did not load or appear correctly for you on your Samsung Note 8. Have you noticed these issues persisting since your first visit, or was it just an issue you encountered when first visiting from that Google search result? Do you have any specific comments regarding the forum layout or presentation on mobile? Finally, with regard to any issues or feedback you have in Assassin's Creed Valhalla itself, please post in the Player Support and General Discussion sections respectively for that. There, the appropriate staff can respond and assist if needed! 🙂 Thank you.

@Skakilia - From reading your post, I'm wondering whether you are forcing the page to display in the desktop view on your mobile in your browser, as opposed to using the mobile site itself? When composing a reply on the mobile site, the reply box should fill the whole screen, as to not be obscured by your keyboard when that pops up. Can you let me know if this is the case, or whether you're actually using the mobile site and this is happening? As for browsing, why is this "uncomfortable" and "cumbersome"? Would you be able to offer some clarification so that I can forward this detailed feedback to the forum developers? Regarding Reddit, our community representatives do sometimes interact there however this is not a site that Player Support has any presence on, so you would need to post in the appropriate section here on the forums if needing assistance. Finally, regarding the bug you have reported - support agents such as myself are responding as quickly as possible to the threads posted in the Player Support section. I apologise for any delays you may have encountered there, and for the inconvenience caused by the issue you are facing. Please let me know if you require any additional assistance in the future and I'll be happy to help you as best I can.

@ZomBotz - Very glad to hear that the mobile site for Discussions is working well for you! Do let us know if you have any additional feedback or have any issues to report in the future; we'll be happy to listen and help as best we can. 🙂

Official Response
  • YazX_
    144 posts

Lazy loading on mobile doesnt work unless if you scroll past footer.

another issue on mobile as well, when writing or editing a comment, the mobile keyboard covers the text editor, so you cannot see whats being typed

• SevenNVD
    45 posts

First post on the new Beta forum!

I really like the new environment, it looks stylish, and it's quite easy to navigate. I like that the website is more connected to the Ubisoft Connect profile as well.

My main feedback is about the mobile version on Android. (Samsung web browser in this case)

This is the old:
    VS the new:

In my opinion, the old style is very well organized, with very clear lines between sticky and regular threads, as well as clear lines between regular topics. Of course I'm no expert in how to improve this, but I feel that the new site has too much clutter going on, with lots of small texts and symbols.

Also, struggling to embed the imgur pictures (on the normal non-mobile site) , I feel like some more instructions on what the symbols stand for could be helpful.

Hope this feedback helps, I can't wait to see it coming out of Beta!

SevenNVD

Edit: Testing out the edit function, that was easy! And I see posting links also embed the picture automatically, great improvement over the old forums!

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

@YazX_ - Thank you for sharing these two points of feedback with us! With regard to your first point, I had raised the delayed loading of new topics previously site-wide after this thread was created. You are welcome to add further comments to that thread if you have any further points to make! 🙂 And for your second point, could you please clarify the type of mobile phone you are using, and its OS? I have previously reported issues with the thread / reply creation view on Android devices, but if the same behaviour is exhibited on iOS devices, that would be helpful to know. Thanks!

@SevenNVD - Welcome to Discussions! Thank you for taking the time to share your initial feedback on the platform with us. I'll try to address each of your points in turn. Firstly, with regard to sticky / pinned threads, I have already passed forward the feedback that it would be potentially better to separate these into a dedicated "pinned" section again, as on our older forums, for greater visibility and ease of access. Thank you for highlighting this as well! There is also a discussion open with the forum developers to get "tool tips" added within the text editor, to indicate what each of the icons represent. I can offer greater information on each of these if you would like in the meantime, so feel free to ask! And finally, thank you for your positive comments on the editing process, and embedding external content! I hope that you enjoy using these new features! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics