ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PCDave11
    3 posts

Anyone else still getting screen tearing in large cities such as Jorvik and Winchester? Still persists on the PS5. Wonder if there is a fix for this?

• PCDave11
    3 posts

@bazingarob same here, and I've got a 120hz TV, deffo not a hardware issue, game needs to be patched to fix this.

• PCDave11
    3 posts

@ubi-keo

I'm having this issue too on PS5

Performance mode
    TV - Sony Bravia XH900 55 inch
    Seems to happen in built up areas of the game i.e. Jorvik, winchester and Colchester. Seems to have gotten worse since the latest update.

Tried all PS5 troubleshooting.
    AC Valhalla is the only game on PS5 this happens.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports regarding screen tearing. The development team is currently investigating this issue further. We don't yet have any new updates to share with you all. As soon as any new information is made available, this will be posted in this thread or in the News & Announcements forum.

If you haven't already, please can you try these PS5 troubleshooting steps to see if this helps to resolve the issue.

If you are still encountering screen tearing after trying these steps, please provide us with the following information:

• Which game settings are you using? (Performance or Quality)?
    • How often does the issue occur?
    • Does it occur in specific locations?
    • What is the make and model of the TV you are using?
    • If you can provide any videos that show the screen tearing in-game, this will be helpful for the investigation.

We can then pass these reports along to the development team for a closer look.

@bazingarob - Thanks for sharing your report with us. Have you been able to try the PS5 troubleshooting linked above? If so, would you be able to specify the make/model of your TV, and provide us with a video?

@PCDave11 - I'm sorry to hear you're encountering screen tearing in the larger cities. Thanks for sharing your report with us. I've passed this along to the development team. If you're able to provide a video, that would be very helpful as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • madlex48
    2 posts

Is screen tearing going to be resolved in any upcoming patches for the performance mode on PS5?

I am experiencing it regularly on my LG TV.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there @madlex48! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing screen tearing on PS5. The development team are still investigating this issue further. If this is to be addressed in a future update, it will be shared via patch notes in the News & Announcements forum.

Have you been able to try some console troubleshooting steps to see if this helps to resolve the issue at all?

If troubleshooting doesn't help, would you be able to provide us with all of the requested information in my earlier post. In particular, please can you let us know the following:

• How often does the issue occur?
    • Does it occur in specific locations?
    • What is the make and model of the TV you are using?
    • If you can provide any videos that show the screen tearing in-game, this will be helpful for the investigation.

We can then pass this report along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • JustMerino
    34 posts

Hello since the 1.3 update I’m getting a lot of screen tearing and that gives me mini FPS drops .
    I know this is happing wjth a lot of other people to
    it mainly happens when you look up and look straight down
    here is a link of it

p.s on the video it doesn’t look as bad to when you experience it irl

• JustMerino
    34 posts

Hello since the 1.3 update I’m getting a lot of screen tearing and that gives me mini FPS drops .
    I know this is happing wjth a lot of other people to
    it mainly happens when you look up and look straight down
    here is a link of it

**PUT VIDEO IN 0.5 SPEED TO SEE IN EASIER **

p.s on the video it doesn’t look as bad to when you experience it irl

• Arubedooo
    11 posts

@justmerino I have the same issue on PS5, it's probably because of the festival, since it wasn't like that before the 1.3 update.

• JustMerino
    34 posts

@arubedooo yeah I have sent in a support ticket but you should to so they know that more people are having this issue.
    after the 1.3 update I have screen tearing outside of Ravensthorpe as well.
    do you also get it outside of ravensthorpe ?

• JustMerino
    34 posts

Since the update 1.3 I’m getting major screen tearing on ps5 and I know lots more People are having this issue

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1782 posts

Hey everyone, our team is currently looking over this and would like to gather some further information for them for that research on this. Please answer the following if you are seeing any screen tearing when playing:

• When did this issue first happen? How often does it occur? "
    • Is the game installed on the internal HDD or an external drive? 
    • What is the make/model of the TV you are using? 

If you haven't provided one already, could you please share a video clip of the area you are seeing the most issue in?

Official Response
  • Arubedooo
    11 posts

@ubi-smash

• It showed up with 1.3. The Screen Tearing usually happens with the weird lag spikes (which almost never happened to me in 100 hours) and it happens often inside Ravensthrope (Next to the Jormsviking area) and even frequently in other areas like Essex.
    • Game is installed on a PlayStation 5 Digital Edition on the Internal SSD of the console.
    • My TV is a Samsung 4K UHD NU7100, never had any issue with it and i'm playing in Game Mode, i did try other modes to see if it was an issue with the TV and it didn't change anything.
    • Playing on Performance Mode.
    • You can use my Digital Cloud Save on my account if it's needed, it's always auto-synched when i play.
  • ubi-smash

@arubedooo Much appreciated! I have shared this information along with your save files for the team to use in the research. 🙂

Official Response
  • JustMerino
    34 posts

@ubi-smash

Hi , so:

Question -> “When did this issue first happen? How often does it occur? "

so it seems to have started after the 1.3/ festival update as it was fine before. and it happens a lot it busy areas , like ravensthorpe festival or for example I went to the Jorvik market and it’s bad there (p.s before the update Jorvik market was fine with no FPS/screen tearing but now it’s really bad.
    it also happens in the middle of nowhere when I’m just moving around I see the screen tearing.

Question -> “Is the game installed on the internal HDD or an external drive? “

the game is installed on The main PS5 SSD and I have the disc version

Question -> “What is the make/model of the TV you are using? “

Samsung U32R592 32inch Curved UHD 4K gaming monitor

and I have never had a issue with the monitor / all other games I play on it do not have any issues what so ever. Just Valhalla .

Question -> “Which game settings are you using? (Performance or Quality)? “

I play on performance mode

“Extra Info“

I have played around 200 hours on Valhalla and have never experienced this before , I also have played every single bit of content added to the game since launch and have completed all the added content and because of this issue I can’t do the festival as all the constant screen tearing makes me feel nauseous and gives me a headache. So I hope this could get fixed soon as I would hate to miss it 🙂 .

Also I’m in the Valhalla discord and have spoke to PS5 users and they are also experiencing screen tear since the 1.3 update.

thanks for your help
    Joseph

• soulsurviva007
    49 posts

What's going on with this? Hasn't been fixed past 3 updates

• retribution287
    1 posts

@ubi-smash

When did this issue first happen? How often does it occur? "
    Since 1.3.0 update. Mainly occurs in towns. Absolutely no tearing at all before the update.

Is the game installed on the internal HDD or an external drive?
    HDD

What is the make/model of the TV you are using?
    Panasonic TX-55F-FZ800

Which game settings are you using? (Performance or Quality)?
    Performance

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1096 posts

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you encounter lag spikes and screen taring in game.

If you haven't already I would recommend to complete our PlayStation 5 troubleshooting guide in full, this will configure your device for the game

Any trouble just let us know

Official Response
  • ubi-smash

@retribution287 @JustMerino Thank you for shared these answers with us. I have also provided this over to our game team's investigation on this. I also appreciate you providing this has also been heavily noted on the Valhalla discord channel and have also shared this with the team moving forward. Right now, I do not have any further information on this, however, please keep a lookout here, on our public channels, as well as our news and announcements page for more updates. Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Met4lmilt
    10 posts

I'm seeing the same issue here with screen tearing as other has described on PS5. I tried playing the game on my BenQ EX2780Q 27" 1440p 144Hz Monitor, Vizio 32" 1080p TV from 2016 and a Vizio 55" 4k TV from 2019, all exhibit the same issue. The screen tears happen in a lot of places in the game world and quite frankly it gives me a headache after awhile of gameplay.

Just playing the game you can feel and see the instability in the game engine as you play for a extended period of time and the input lag is also very bad, you can feel the effects of that when you're playing on the hardest difficulty against some world bosses that require precision timing for parrying and counters. I think this game needed another year or two in the oven but what do i know.

Suggested Topics