ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Arubedooo
    11 posts

The Screen Tearing in the Paris DLC is absolutely crazy. If you go to the most busy parts of Paris, there is screen tearing everywhere, it even tears in the middle of the screen, i've never seen that kind of tearing in a console game ever.

• JustMerino
    34 posts

@arubedooo yeah in Paris busy areas it’s unplayable for me , you on ps5 to?

• JustMerino
    34 posts

Hi Any updates on the really bad screen tearing ps5 
    I have seen multiple people express this issue for over a week and a bit now , with no new updates.

Really want to enjoy the dlc but can’t because of the screen tearing

since the dlc it’s now also happening in the main areas of Paris

• JustMerino
    34 posts

@justmerino

here is another video of it .
    put it to 0.5 speed to see it Easier

• QcBob
    6 posts

Same here as other screen tearing on ps5 usink 4k priority on 60 fps

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports regarding screen tearing on PS5 following the release of Siege of Paris. I'm sorry to hear that you've encountering this issue in-game.

To help us to take a closer look at your experience with screen tearing, can you please share your reports in the following format:

• When did this issue first happen? How often does it occur?
    • Is the game installed on the internal HDD or an external drive? 
    • What is the make/model of the TV you are using? 
    • Which game settings are you using? (Performance or Quality)? 

This template helps us to ensure that the development team receives all of the required information for the ongoing investigation.

Additionally, if you are able to provide any videos of the screen tearing you're experiencing in-game, and especially in the areas it is most prevalent, this will be very helpful.

@Met4lmilt, @Arubedooo, @JustMerino, @QcBob - I appreciate that you've already shared some of the requested information with us in your posts. Would you be able to clarify the requested information by using the report template above for us? We can then forward these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Arubedooo
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis

• Happened with 1.3, it occurs in most crowded areas of the game, like Jorvik, Colcestre, Paris and even the settlement.
    • Installed on the internal SSD of my PlayStation 5 Digital Edition.
    • A Samsung 4K UHD NU7100.
    • I use the Performance Mode.

• Met4lmilt
    10 posts

@ubi-borealis

Q: When did this issue first happen? How often does it occur?
    A: I bought this game at release but only just recently have had the free time to play it, so my only experience with the game is the most recent update v1.3.0 and i currently have 82hrs logged on my current save file. I see screen tearing mostly in cities, towns and raids. Basically any scenes that have a lot of action going on but also i see tearing when just exploring for materials in various places in the world by going in and out of buildings and houses. I also notice it when going in and out of conversations with NPC's sometimes.

Q: Is the game installed on the internal HDD or an external drive? 
    A: Internal SSD of the PS5

Q: What is the make/model of the TV you are using?
    A: Tested on BenQ EW2780Q, Vizio D32x-D1, Vizio M558-G1

Q: Which game settings are you using? (Performance or Quality)? 
    A: Performance Mode

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there @Arubedooo & @Met4lmilt!

Thanks for taking the time to share your reports in the requested format. I've now shared these with the development team so they can take a closer look at them.

If you are able to capture any video footage of the screen tearing you're experiencing in-game, please don't hesitate to share it with us within this thread. We can then add these to your reports to the development team.

If we require any additional information from you in regards to your reports, we will reach out to you within this thread. In the meantime, we will share any updates regarding screen tearing in-game within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • L1u9k9a3s2014
    2 posts

@Ubi-Borealis

• When did this issue first happen? How often does it occur?

- Just installed it on my ps5. Tearing from the beginning till now (about 1 hour in the game)

• Is the game installed on the internal HDD or an external drive? 

-Installed on external SSD drive .

• What is the make/model of the TV you are using? 

-LG Oled C9

• Which game settings are you using? (Performance or Quality)? 

-Performance Mode

And the missing graphical features on PS5 are a real bummer too.

• Met4lmilt
    10 posts

@ubi-borealis

I also wanted to add that i recently decided to start playing in "Quality Mode" on the PS5 until the devs figure out the problem with the sceen tearing and i also wanted to confirm that there is in fact screen tearing in this mode also, although no where as severe as seen in "Performance Mode" as the 30fps cap in "Quality Mode" seems to hide the tearing somewhat but it is still very much present if you look closely. Still having fun with the game but i'm hoping the devs can fix this sometime down the road. Thanks for your time!

• L1u9k9a3s2014
    2 posts

@Ubi-Borealis
    Btw. I'm using PS5's system software beta 3.1

• Jexem11
    2 posts

@arubedooo absolutely disappointing, the final boss fight in the siege is tearing and freezing with bombs explode. Unaccaptable.

• Jexem11
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis I hope it is fixed, for now uninstalling and will not be back for future updates to the game.

• Virdix92
    1 posts

I'm experiencing a bothersome screen tearing in locations with many npcs. Thank you if you'll fix it

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1096 posts

Hey @virdix92,

Sorry to hear you experience screen tearing on the PS5.

If you haven't already I would recommend to complete our PS5 troubleshooting guide in full to configure your device for the game.

Any trouble just let us know

Official Response
  • Met4lmilt
    10 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck @Virdix92 

Not to come off as a jerk but that is the most generic response i've ever seen for this type of problem, none of those steps in the troubleshooting guide is going to fix the screen tearing and it's kind of silly you would have someone waste their free time going through all of that. I've played this game on two different PS5 consoles and it tears on both systems, only thing that needs troubleshooting is this game, because let me tell you there is a plethora of issues in this game with screen tearing being one of the more glaring issues because of how visually unappealing it is to the eye.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4158 posts

Hey @L1u9k9a3s2014 thank you for answering our questions, I have added this information to our QA's investigation into FPS drops and screen tearing, on console.

Thank you for your help.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4158 posts

Hello @met4lmilt sorry for any misunderstanding, we ask players to perform basic console troubleshooting for many bugs or performance-related issues with console, to rule out a few possible causes.

At the moment, the PS5 FPS drop and frame tearing are under investigation. If you could provide a video of how this appears for you in-game, this would be most helpful to us. I will merge your post into our megathread on this topic here, for visibility >
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/96713/screen-tearing-on-ps5-post-here/75?lang=en-US

Official Response
  • Met4lmilt
    10 posts

@ubi-milky

i'll post some video examples when i get some more free time, tied up with work related tasks at the moment. 👍

Suggested Topics