Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mass_Echo89
    Original poster 1 posts

I’m running it on a PS5 with a 144hz msi monitor with amd freesync. It’s locked at 60hz and all my other PS5 games such as cod Cold War, Astro, spider man miles morales, borderlands 3 work great with no tearing. Are you going to fix this? Otherwise it’s running great aside from tearing

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Darkmidgar
    7 posts

@mass_echo89 same problem on Xbox serie x!!

• QUIT213
    4 posts

I'm shocked a new AC on my PS5 is tearing like crazy. Super disappointing, and i'm considering getting a refund until this is fixed. It is very immersion breaking.

Is Ubisoft going to fix this on PS5? I saw even more complaints on the series x version with tearing, they really need to patch both next gen versions ASAP.

• QUIT213
    4 posts

The screen tearing issue is very much present in the PS5 version, and really takes you out of the experience. You guys need to patch this immediately, I have stopped playing and might refund it at this point. Ubisoft has been silent on this issue on PS5, very let down I bought this for full price.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 877 posts

Hey Quit213, I am very sorry for the disappoint this has caused during your experience in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. Please know that our team is currently investigating this issue on all platforms including PS5. In the meantime, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Official Response
  • dbgager
    158 posts

@quit213 what are you suing as a display device for your PS5.

• Angry-Owl
    1 posts

I had the same issue, hope there's gonna be a patch soon...

• thisismyid2
    4 posts

@ubi-smash I'm replying to say I'm having this same issue. Screen Tearing on PS5 for a past-gen game is unacceptable, and Ubisoft needs to acknowledge that Screen Tearing is a major issue on all platforms as soon as possible. This is not a next-gen showcase, this is a next-gen sign that Ubisoft has no clue how to make games on next-gen consoles. Fix the screen tearing on PS5, and then I'll feel safe recommending this to friends; because right now this game is in a horrible state on all platforms.

• kevtron123
    1 posts

I am also experiencing very bad screen tearing on PS5 AC Valhalla because I do not have a VRR TV... We should not need a special brand new tv to play this properly. This along with the crazy weird audio issues where the game will have a terrible echo (Im assuming this is more of an issue with the ps5 3d audio) But both of these problems are keeping me from enjoying and playing this game. I know you already got my money ubisoft, but please I would really like to enjoy what looks to be a fantastic AC game, but with these issues I just cannot enjoy it at the moment.

• iBetterRun
    2 posts

Same, screen tearing on PS5 (4K 60 Hz TV)

• Troopercooper80
    49 posts

@ibetterrun fact you have it locked on 60hz/FPS means it’s got nothing to do with your monitor or for those with whatever TV they might use for either ps5 or XsX.

this happens less on ps5 apparently but you are not the first I’ve seen talk about this.
    its a known issue on the Xbox though also on Xbox one.

I think ubisoft made a mistake releasing 2 big games so soon after one another.

• smtenglish
    2 posts

I noticed the game seems to have a lot more screen tearing on PS5 since this was patched on Nov 26 and also has more noticeable frame rate drops when running in performance mode,screen tearing was previously quite rare and mostly during cutscenes but experienced it quite a few times during gameplay since the patch as well as the game freezing for a few seconds while it seemed to load new areas and general drops in performance.

• iBetterRun
    2 posts

Yes it is still present for me too

• jakhi147
    29 posts

Seem to get tearing on the ps5 only seems really noticeable during cutscenes.

• jakhi147
    29 posts

@jakhi147 anyone else getting this on ps5? Seeing it's mentioned on xbox too

• BigbyWolf720
    2 posts

@smtenglish Same with me. Screen tearing continue to happen and some performance issue seems to be occurring a bit more during gameplay

• BigbyWolf720
    2 posts

Continue to see screen tearing during cutscenes and gameplay. Also notice more occurrences of low performance and stuttering during gameplay. This is after the latest patch 1.04.

• TheMorrigan578
    4 posts

PS5 continue to have screen tearing during cutscenes and gameplay yet it's not being listed as a "reported issue" on the main megathreads. Why are other platforms' screen tearing issues being resolve but not the PS5?

• TheMorrigan578
    4 posts

Notice that the game stutter a bit sometime with some screen tear when the game is autosaving (icon blinking at the lower right corner)

• jakhi147
    29 posts

@jakhi147 ubisoft this is happening on all consoles not just xbox

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics