Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BoBaggs
    4 posts

@owsama I had this issue too. Between that and the horrible audio when using headphones on the PS5, I had to return my copy of the game. Really hope they address these issues soon. Would also really wish Ubi could release their games in better states than this.

• Fredman14
    9 posts

I have this issue as well.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 538 posts

I sincerely apologize for my delay, but thank you for your patience! We are currently investigating screen tearing on the Xbox platforms. Since on PlayStation, can you provide a video showing this happening from your gameplay? Also, restoring your licenses may resolve this as well. Here is our site for PS4 steps, and then I have provided the PS5 steps below.

From the PlayStation Dashboard:
    1. Select Settings
    2. Select Users and Accounts
    3. Scroll down to Other, then the option to Restore Licenses
    4. Select Restore

Official Response
  • jakhi147
    29 posts

@ubikobold all seems to be ok now thanks! Not sure if what you got me to do or the latest update

• xtralag
    7 posts

when I moved from PS4 to PS5 I First enjoyed the smooth gameplay and graphics but larger cities are pretty aweful. Screen tearing is very Bad in Eorforwic and Wincaester is even worse. I was not in these places before patch 1.1.0.0 and cannot tell if it was better before. However right now I even consider to stop playing because performance is so poor.

• ApocDX69
    10 posts

Massive amounts of screen tear when visiting cities.

• ziggurcat
    167 posts

Playing in Performance mode on PS5, seeing a lot of it. I know this is probably a known issue, but it would actually be nice to know whether this is being addressed at any point.

• xIFoxHound
    49 posts

Screen tearing had pretty much been kept to a minimum up until this point...after entering the town of Wincestre the game drops frames left right and centre! Seriously everywhere you look the screen is constantly tearing. It’s super displeasing to look at. It’s everywhere as soon as your on ground level. Hoping a patch addresses this.

• ApocDX69
    10 posts

Screen tear up the @$$ in major cities.

please advise and fix- come on guys...
    this is suppose to be your first major show case of a AAA title for next-gen.

• LukeMelia24
    3 posts

Guys the screen tearing as well as the other problems iv listed have incressed since the last update its insain how is it gotten worse? its really hard to keep playing....seriously c'mon this is one of the only ps5 games that have been great so far....but damn these isues are piling up...

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1060 posts

@lukemelia24 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

I can confirm that this issue has been reported and is being investigated.

Could you please try the PlayStation 5 troubleshooting then try again. If the issue persists could you confirm the following:

• Which game settings are you using? (Performance or Quality)
    • How often does the issue occur?
    • Does it occur in specific locations?
    • What is the make and model of the TV you are using?

Can you also provide a video of the issue,

Official Response
  • bazingarob
    2 posts

I’m getting really bad screen tearing, particularly in Colcestre. It also seems to do it whenever autosaving. Also during gameplay I occasionally get minor freezes where the game will just stop for half a second or so and then resume.
    (PS5, performance mode, with 60hz tv)

• bazingarob
    2 posts

@bazingarob update: after reaching Jorvik I can confirm it’s just as bad, if not worse, there.

• PCDave11
    3 posts

Anyone else still getting screen tearing in large cities such as Jorvik and Winchester? Still persists on the PS5. Wonder if there is a fix for this?

• PCDave11
    3 posts

@bazingarob same here, and I've got a 120hz TV, deffo not a hardware issue, game needs to be patched to fix this.

• PCDave11
    3 posts

@ubi-keo

I'm having this issue too on PS5

Performance mode
    TV - Sony Bravia XH900 55 inch
    Seems to happen in built up areas of the game i.e. Jorvik, winchester and Colchester. Seems to have gotten worse since the latest update.

Tried all PS5 troubleshooting.
    AC Valhalla is the only game on PS5 this happens.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports regarding screen tearing. The development team is currently investigating this issue further. We don't yet have any new updates to share with you all. As soon as any new information is made available, this will be posted in this thread or in the News & Announcements forum.

If you haven't already, please can you try these PS5 troubleshooting steps to see if this helps to resolve the issue.

If you are still encountering screen tearing after trying these steps, please provide us with the following information:

• Which game settings are you using? (Performance or Quality)?
    • If you can provide any videos that show the screen tearing in-game, this will be helpful for the investigation.

We can then pass these reports along to the development team for a closer look.

@bazingarob - Thanks for sharing your report with us. Have you been able to try the PS5 troubleshooting linked above? If so, would you be able to specify the make/model of your TV, and provide us with a video?

@PCDave11 - I'm sorry to hear you're encountering screen tearing in the larger cities. Thanks for sharing your report with us. I've passed this along to the development team. If you're able to provide a video, that would be very helpful as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • madlex48
    1 posts

Is screen tearing going to be resolved in any upcoming patches for the performance mode on PS5?

I am experiencing it regularly on my LG TV.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello there @madlex48! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing screen tearing on PS5. The development team are still investigating this issue further. If this is to be addressed in a future update, it will be shared via patch notes in the News & Announcements forum.

Have you been able to try some console troubleshooting steps to see if this helps to resolve the issue at all?

If troubleshooting doesn't help, would you be able to provide us with all of the requested information in my earlier post. In particular, please can you let us know the following:

• Which game settings are you using? (Performance or Quality)?
    • If you can provide any videos that show the screen tearing in-game, this will be helpful for the investigation.

We can then pass this report along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics