Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Karloz1995
    Original poster 268 posts
    Banned

ONE HANDED SWORD AND BASIM OUTFIT IS COMING!! 😄

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WhoCares78
    105 posts

@karloz1995 It’s a start. Now if only we could get them to add some actual Viking armor, better cloth physics, the two missing fish, some end game content that really includes replayability with increasing difficulty and new game plus.

But seriously, I’m really looking forward to the one handed swords being added.

• axlslak23
    97 posts

I'm happy for you guys. A skin ... will make you happy.

Never mind the tens and hundreds of hours people put into these thing. The bugs. The lack of communication. EVERYTHING.

320 hours spent. I'm sure a skin of a one handed sword... that's gonna make all the difference in the world. 6 months after release.

Are Ubi actually waiting for players to just start over without NG+? What exactly is happening? What am I supposed to do with a one handed sword AFTER 320 hours of play? Seriously...

There's no "replay" button anywhere. What am I supposed to do with the one handed sword? I have a few suggestions for Ubi and that youtube that made the video in the first place what to do with it, but I don't want to be banned again.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    115 posts

@axlslak23 well one handed swords will be added probably until 1. Expansion will be released, that is 29. april after that there will be another free content and second expansion. Also there are some uncovered mysteries in the base game, we just need to be patient, you too 😉

• B00MSIE
    282 posts

@smrtiak-svk

One handed swords will be added in the second dlc, end of this year.

I surely hope they fix the bugs (especially the savegames/quick resume bug) first. But lost all believe in that. I was so stupid to buy the season pass before this game released. Will never do that again...

• WhoCares78
    105 posts

@b00msie I made that same mistake too. I went and bought the ultimate edition. I even preordered it. I knew better or at least I should have.

• MerudinSVK
    10 posts

The game has been unplayable for a week now. Week straight I cannot play the game I paid for but hey I am happy that Ubisoft listened and we are going to have new weapons in a game that dozens and dozens of players cant even play. 😄 😄 😄 Yay!

• Smrtiak.SVK
    115 posts

@b00msie probably with first expansion, because there is a leak of Trophy from Wrath of Druids called - kill 100 enemies with short sword 🙂
    And second expansion will come in summer, not at the end of the year. That is misinformation.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    115 posts

@merudinsvk fakt? No ja stále hrám a nevidím, že by bola hra nehrateľná, práve naopak, si to užívam 😉 Moja Ultimate edícia fičí úplne v pohode. A krátke meče sú tu do mesiaca. A druhe rozšírenie príde v lete. Henten tu šíri hoaxy...

• MerudinSVK
    10 posts

@smrtiak-svk O tie meče nejde, na tie sa teším určite lebo dual wield one handed mečov znie cool ale hra proste nefunguje. Napálil som 50 hodín do hry pred tým než vyšiel ten nový event patch 18. marca a odvtedy sa to nedá hrať.... Hru viem spustiť aj všetko ale nonstop do pár minút hra zamrzne a crashne instantne. Rekord mám 12 crashov za 2-3 hodiny. Ja som si tú hru tiež dovtedy užíval ale už sa to nedá lebo nonstop myslíš na to kedy to najbližšie padne. Už som skúšal všetko a nič nepomáha dokonca som mal live chat s ubisoftom a nič. Na mojej strane chyba nemôže byť kedže 50 hodín to išlo ako malo a dnes je to týžden čo som vôbec nehral lebo sa to neoplatí pustiť... Do 5 minút crash a už som fakt fakt frustrovaný. Neviem kde hráš ty no ja som na PC - GPU drivery updatnuté všetko.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    115 posts

@merudinsvk hmmh tak to je zvláštne, aj Windows máš aktualizovaný? Ešte to zvykne robiť problémy. Ja som tiež na PC, a mne to zvyklo crashnut iba pri pästnom súboji na Ostara festivale, aj to len párkrát a potom už vôbec. Úplne plynule mi to ide. Kontrola všetkych aktualizácii od Windows až po hardware. Chipset, Bios, zvukový ovládač, určite treba skúsiť všetko a ak ani to nepomôže asi by som skúsil preinštalovať hru, však uložené pozície ti zostanú online na servery.

• B00MSIE
    282 posts

@smrtiak-svk

The sickle is in the first dlc, the short sword in the second. That trophy is also in the second dlc. I really think the second dlc will be later, because the first dlc will be unplayable at launch because of the added bugs.

I play on an XBX and the game is almost unplayable at this moment. You constantly lose savegames, armors disappear and appear. Armor get resetted etc.

And it is very impolite to not use English in a public forum when the discussion started in English. I am also not talking in my mother language with other forum members from my country when people from other countries are involved.

• Yesin069
    477 posts

It is great that Ubisoft is adding those swords but at this point the content comes in too slow for me. It is the best thing to put this game down and enjoy it when its done with all the planned content. The addition of such a basic weapon type as a "new" thing just looks calculated to me. They doesnt make the decision to add them because we wanted them - they made the decision long before this game launched and when they made plans for the post-launch content and which things they can cut out of the main game to sell them later as "new".

It wouldn have killed them if they added those swords, transmog and ng+ on day 1 but they decided to push this stuff back to have something "exciting" for us.

I am happy that they do it but i am still annoyed at the route they took AC in. I prefer slower more focuses roadmaps with real new content (like story DLC's). Not things like limited events and game modes stretched over a whole year and in the end we get the same content as with Origins and Odyssey in 5 months.

I will just finish the main quest now and put the game to the side until it is finished and replay it in NG+ with all the content that should have been in the game since launch. As I know Ubisoft the DLC will be bugged as hell on launch so it would be better for everyone to wait a for a few patches that fix all the bugs in the DLC. River Raids for instance still feel like beta content and something is just missing there to make it a final and polished product.

I also dont wish that they use Basims animations for one-handed swords as JorRaptor said in his video. They look out-of-place for Eivor. Even the dagger animations just feel wrong on Eivor. they should make new animations for this which fit a brutal and raw viking style.

PS: The sickle looks boring to me. No weapon I would ever use in this game. But good they give us more options and also more options for microtransactions!

• Smrtiak.SVK
    115 posts

@b00msie okay I was wrong about short swords. But no, I do not think they are going to delay Siege of Paris for months, maybe days, week, but not a months... because Ubisoft revealed road map already. There should not be many bugs in upcoming DLC because Ubisoft is also working on permanent fix patch...

• B00MSIE
    282 posts

@yesin069

A lot Europeans love this French guy. I think I am going to like the sickle 😊
    undefined

• B00MSIE
    282 posts

@smrtiak-svk

The end of the year was me being pessimistic. I love the AC games, but at this moment there are to many frustrating problems with this game for me...

• Yesin069
    477 posts

@b00msie

Who doesn't love Miraculix and all the Asterix & Obelix movies?

I just dont know how they want to make this weapon look and feel like a weapon a viking would use...like the daggers I think this weapon will have strangely fast animations which i dislike but more options are always better and i just stick to my bearded axes and great- or short swords. The animations of the dagger fell a bit out-of-place for me. They would fit Basim but look strange on Eivor, especially when wearing heavy armor and moving like a speedy assassin...

• B00MSIE
    282 posts

@yesin069

I always hide the top and helm of my Eivor. That way you can see the tattoos and it also feels better for me, because of the fast movements. I mostly use the small weapons and this way it still is Viking like. In the Vikings serie you have the crazy Loki like guy, he also fights this way. The bows and assassin style also doesn’t fit with Vikings for me. But all the last 3 AC’s have this problem. The fighting is not very historically accurate and for the most part not humanly possible. It’s just a game.

• Yesin069
    477 posts

@b00msie

Sadly Ubisoft doesnt care about realistic combat that fits the historical time period. It is great that we have more options but i would prefer when they focus on the time period and make the combat unique for every period. Thinking like that would make an AC with a playable viking impossible...The only great option would be a combination of viking and assassin playstyle and a character that knows both sides and combines them. Missed opportunity in my eyes...

The difference between viking combat and assassin combat is so big that a fusion of both styles would have been actually good when done correctly and when they would have focussed on a protagonist that becomes a hidden one pretty early on in the game. When in combat he gets his viking side out and fights like a berserker with brutal executions and when in the shadows he moves fast and kills with style. This was the way i always wished an AC with vikings would be...sadly we just got a mainstream viking game without mixing in any relevant assassin combat styles. Ubisoft just forgot their unique selling point with AC...mixing historical settings with assassins.

• WhoCares78
    105 posts

@yesin069 At this point I think it’s more than Ubi forgetting the selling point of AC. While a mix of the two fighting styles would be great, I don’t think they remember how to make a proper assassin protagonist anymore.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics