Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• eskimosound
    6 posts

So in Norway on the first Map bottom right hand corner there are 2 Opal Icons that have remained after collection.
    Has this been noted by Ubisoft?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I have merged together several threads about opal markers not disappearing from the map after being collected into a single megathread. I apologise if any ongoing discussions have been disrupted by this merge.

The issue where previously collected opal markers wouldn't disappear from the map has been marked as resolved in TU 1.1.0 by the development team. If you have collected an opal and the marker still shows as available on your map, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include images/video that shows the opal has been collected, but the marker is still on your map.

I would also like to take the time to share our support article about collecting opals, and how these can only be collected once per game.

Any Opal that you collect will be registered to your account, meaning that once you have picked up a piece of Opal it will not appear again if you start a different save file with the same account. Similarly, any gear purchased with Opal will also be bound to the account it was purchased with.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • PhoenixMental
    1 posts

So I cannot see in game the opals I am supposed to collect. But when I look at my map I can see where they are. Then when i approach the location they dissapear. I did restart my playthrough where I had collected a bunch already, im not sure if that would effect it at all. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@eskimosound Thanks for the report.

This is a known issue that the team are aware of, and it's currently being looked into.

This should be resolved in a future update.

Official Response
  • Mr.Foxconn
    17 posts

Same problem here

• Mr.Foxconn
    17 posts

same+ wealth icons

• Guixwing
    1 posts

I had to start a new game after 10 hours playing due to a npc disappearing. Since then, all the opals I've found on my first game are still marked on the map but are not here

• eskimosound
    6 posts

@ubi-baron Thank you 👍 🕶

• Brad2707
    8 posts

@guixwing I've noted this same thing, it's terribly frustrating to my OCD. There's a couple threads much like this. Bumping for visibility.

• Vallaine
    1 posts

Hi,
    playing this on PS4, however, I have been to a couple of Opal locations and retrieved the opal but the icon is not being removed from my map after discovery. If I go back to the location, the Opal has gone but the map icon is still on my map?? possible glitch or is it just me.
    Thanks
    Vallaine

• Skinfaxe_DK
    5 posts

@vallaine Same on PC - dont know if the marker bugges if you collect the opal and then reload an earlier save (the opal is still in your inventory, but the marker is not cleared now)?

• Red-Hood72
    1 posts

@epero The only place Ive seen this happen is in Mercury Temple in east anglia. The opal is meant to be on the statue's hand but isnt. I searched that place for nearly half an hour. Its pretty clear the opal is meant to be on the statue like alot of the others.

• FGx1988
    99 posts

@red-hood72 I have a similar problem. When you start a new game all Opal symbols are on the map, but if you have took the Opals in your first playthrough they will not be there anymore just the symbols show up. I don't know if it was planned by Ubisoft in this way because in Odyssey you could collect all the orichalcum crystals again in a new playthrough. It would be no issue if you could not collect them a second time, but in that case I would prefer that the symbols don't show up again.

• KostasD95
    2 posts

Apparently this is a thing !!! I mean no offense really, but does ubisoft took notice because i haven't seen any official report on the matter yet. Is not even listed on the "Issues Megathread".

• Apohutsy
    25 posts

@kostasd95 Not yet, it is not. I check it everyday to see if it's updated, but no. They have replied to some opal marker threads on here, so they know it is a thing. They just havent updated the noted issues list yet...

• MElliott0601
    3 posts

Hopefully this gets more attention. Pretty miffed that I bought the 10$ map pack and it's glitching up some of the markers and making it difficult to collect them all.

What's the point of getting pack then?

• Zamborghini9923
    1 posts

I have the game on pc and playstation 4 and ran into the same issue on both

• AN_771
    1 posts

If you own the opal map that you can buy with helix credits and load an earlier save, any opals you had picked up after that save re-appear on the map and there's no way to remove them.
    Not a major issue, but still annoying..

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hey folks, we're aware of this issue and I'm sorry you've all encountered it. The developers were able to reproduce the issue and have plans to fix it in a future update. Thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • wakasakirocky
    1 posts

@chackra You are not alone. Exact same scenario for me. It tends to happen if I die and have picked up an opal, and the game reverts to a save prior to having picked up the opal.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

I noticed something similar. If you pick up an opal and then start a NEW game and go to the same place, there will be a Raven icon for an opal there, but physically there will be nothing.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics