Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ilker.BaHaR
    10 posts

Hello. I bought the package from the store that shows all the locations for the map. But I can't find opals wherever I go. Although marked on the map, opals are not visible and cannot be retrieved.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I have merged together several threads about opal markers not disappearing from the map after being collected into a single megathread. I apologise if any ongoing discussions have been disrupted by this merge.

The issue where previously collected opal markers wouldn't disappear from the map has been marked as resolved in TU 1.1.0 by the development team. If you have collected an opal and the marker still shows as available on your map, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include images/video that shows the opal has been collected, but the marker is still on your map.

I would also like to take the time to share our support article about collecting opals, and how these can only be collected once per game.

Any Opal that you collect will be registered to your account, meaning that once you have picked up a piece of Opal it will not appear again if you start a different save file with the same account. Similarly, any gear purchased with Opal will also be bound to the account it was purchased with.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Pordigy86
    39 posts

Dear Ubisoft,

Opal Glitch (1) - all these are picked, glitch in world map
    undefined

Opal Glitch (2) - Could not pick this opal
    undefinedundefined

• JCar4327
    626 posts

@pordigy86 Your first picture does not show actual glitched/bugged opals; it shows bugged markers on your map. They are well aware of the bugged markers after being picked up; someone else's map would probably look different than yours because they didn't load into a save after having picked up those particular opals. So, the picture is misleading in that it will not be the same for everyone. The second and third pictures depict an actual bugged opal and would be the same for everyone, just like the essentially same photos I posted above. There are currently, to the best of my knowledge, only 4 bugged opals.

• dahz35
    2 posts

I went through most of Oxenefordscire clearing up the map of wealth and opals. When I was mostly finished, I realized I had screwed up a quest, the Randvi quest, and decided to redo the quest. This quest occurred before I pledged to Oxenefordscire. So I reloaded a save before that and redid the Randvi quest. Now, all the opal I found in Oxenefordscire, on my previous save, which is opal no longer in my inventory, is missing. The map markers are on my map but the opal is not in those locations on the map.

• Bing0K1ng
    18 posts

@thomasdunford What kind of an answer is it you give here. Not worth the effort. Such an error shouldnt happen.

• gdubs907
    2 posts

When I pick up an Opal and load a previous save, the Opal I picked up stays in my inventory. For example, I pick up a single Opal to bring my total from 200 to 201, I reload a save before picking up said Opal for whatever reason, and the Opal I picked up after the save remains in my inventory for a total of 201 when it should go back to 200. Because it stays in my inventory, the Opal obviously isn't there anymore even when you load a previous save. However, the marker on the map reappears and now you have a marker with no Opal. It does not matter which Opal it is, this has happened to me in each location for multiple Opals.

Not game breaking or anything but it is annoying to have them remain on the map when you are hunting for them. You have to remember, "oh is that one of the ones I already picked up and is bugged, or should I go back just in case?"

• Pordigy86
    39 posts

@jcar4327
    Ma bad.. Those are all bugged marker on 1st picture, sorry for misleading lol..

• Apohutsy
    25 posts

@adidanapande same here. I have some bugs that wont let me progress further in game. Yet, since I know all opal markers will return once I start a new save, I am waiting for a fix...

• MrGrimzz
    8 posts

@dtschoban nope. and patch 1.04 actually made the game a lot more unstable and buggy. i had 5 crashes in 4 hours. while before patch 1.04 i had 2 crashes since launch.
    going into the store also removed all my berserker gear and wolf mount skin and bird skin.

• Rifkin76
    6 posts

i started a new game and found that already taken opals are still visible on the map

anyone else have this issue and maybe a solution??
    Its kind of annoying not to know if its taken or not

• adidanapande
    4 posts

@thomasdunford THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS TRICK! i was desperate waiting for the patch so I've followed my instinct instead to do just exactly what you told us. Worked perfectly fine tor me, TWICE! Guys this guy's genius. Trust me its not as complicated as it sounds. Now I can continue my game without that silly glitch. Bless you Thomas!

Also if you guys worried Ubi will delete your opal map since we need to delete our main account first, do not worry, when you cancel your suspension (theres a email from Ubi if you would like to cancel your permanent deletion) everything you bought from ubi store before wont be disappear.

If you still need more questions, just let me know! 🙂
    Happy gaming Assassins.

• adidanapande
    4 posts

@apohutsy Hey! I've tried @thomasdunford's method and it worked perfectly fine! you can search his method in the previous thread chat. If theres anything you'd like to know regarding this issue, let me know! 🙂 But just like thomas said, I think this method only works on PS consoles. Good luck trying! 🙂

• Pordigy86
    39 posts

@foggy06
    Hi, could u guys help posting it here,
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/84882/unable-to-loot-clear-opal-opal-bug-post-here

The original poster is posting it on “General Discussion” so I don’t think Ubisoft Staff would treat it as an issue tho.. Thanks !

• Pordigy86
    39 posts

@adidanapande
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/84882/unable-to-loot-clear-opal-opal-bug-post-here

The original poster is posting it on “General Discussion” so I don’t think Ubisoft Staff would treat it as an issue tho.. Thanks !

• Pordigy86
    39 posts

@bing0k1ng

• destination66
    3 posts

I just entered sciropescire and was starting to grind out the entire area and the first opal I went to was missing even tho it showed up on the map. Figured whatever the game is glitched moved onto the next one in sciropescire and that was missing... and the next one... and the next one and the the whole area is missing even tho they show up on the map. I have grinded 4 different parts of the map and besides the glitches everyones reported in certain parts i haven't read anything about this issue im having. With the opals, mission bugs, and crashes I dont even want to turn it back on until a new patch comes that covers these things. Im actually surprised I haven't lost my saves that others say has happened when it crashed. Mine must have atleast 10 times but the saves stayed for some reason.

• JCar4327
    626 posts

@destination66 This issue can occur if your game loses connection to the Ubi servers. You have to be connected for the opals to appear; otherwise they can't tie them to your account. Usually quitting the game and restarting it fixes this issue for me. Make sure to save first.

• uFamas
    25 posts

@destination66

This happened to me too in that same zone and around the same time.
    Seems like a connection hickup.
    The Opals are there now for me.

• Luschess_
    6 posts

@Ubi-Baron
    @Ubi-Woofer
    I started a new game because my old save was corrupted. Now all collected opals are shown on the map and shown when using Synin. Of course, I cannot loot the opals that have already been looted again. Please fix this bug, its very annoying!!!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics