Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JCar4327
    634 posts

So, I have posted some of these elsewhere, but putting them here so they are in a more general location.

undefined

undefined
    This is the Floating Opal in Snotinghamscire.
    undefined

undefined
    This one is on the shelf shown above and cannot be picked up. It is outside of Walden in Grantebridgescire.

undefined

undefined
    This one is in a creek in the town of Hemthorpe. It is there, but like the one on the shelf cannot be picked up.

undefined
    This one is on top of the mountain Tip of the Spear. You cannot see it, but if you use Odin's site you can see its glow just under the surface.

These are the ones that are known bugs and have been reported in a couple of threads by myself or others.

• commanderkorra
    1 posts

My issue is near Walden, and Opal in the house Northeast is unobtainable. I can't pick it up no matter what I do.

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@commanderkorra Yeah, that one has been on the list the longest. I'm on Xbox, but it appears the bug actually affects all platforms from the discussions I have had in other threads. The more annoying bug is the one where the markers stay on the map if you die and get put to a save before you collected it or start a fresh game. I can't wait to have a map full of these things when I start my next play through.

• adidanapande
    4 posts

@chackra Same thing happened to me. My OCD couldn't take it. I even stopped playing the game waiting for it to get fixed. 😞

• guest-cV0qS9GG
    7 posts

same problem
    hope come out new patch after collect will disappear on the map

• ilker.BaHaR
    10 posts

Hello. I bought the package from the store that shows all the locations for the map. But I can't find opals wherever I go. Although marked on the map, opals are not visible and cannot be retrieved.

• Pordigy86
    39 posts

Dear Ubisoft,

Opal Glitch (1) - all these are picked, glitch in world map
    undefined

Opal Glitch (2) - Could not pick this opal
    undefinedundefined

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@pordigy86 Your first picture does not show actual glitched/bugged opals; it shows bugged markers on your map. They are well aware of the bugged markers after being picked up; someone else's map would probably look different than yours because they didn't load into a save after having picked up those particular opals. So, the picture is misleading in that it will not be the same for everyone. The second and third pictures depict an actual bugged opal and would be the same for everyone, just like the essentially same photos I posted above. There are currently, to the best of my knowledge, only 4 bugged opals.

• dahz35
    2 posts

I went through most of Oxenefordscire clearing up the map of wealth and opals. When I was mostly finished, I realized I had screwed up a quest, the Randvi quest, and decided to redo the quest. This quest occurred before I pledged to Oxenefordscire. So I reloaded a save before that and redid the Randvi quest. Now, all the opal I found in Oxenefordscire, on my previous save, which is opal no longer in my inventory, is missing. The map markers are on my map but the opal is not in those locations on the map.

• Bing0K1ng
    18 posts

@thomasdunford What kind of an answer is it you give here. Not worth the effort. Such an error shouldnt happen.

• gdubs907
    2 posts

When I pick up an Opal and load a previous save, the Opal I picked up stays in my inventory. For example, I pick up a single Opal to bring my total from 200 to 201, I reload a save before picking up said Opal for whatever reason, and the Opal I picked up after the save remains in my inventory for a total of 201 when it should go back to 200. Because it stays in my inventory, the Opal obviously isn't there anymore even when you load a previous save. However, the marker on the map reappears and now you have a marker with no Opal. It does not matter which Opal it is, this has happened to me in each location for multiple Opals.

Not game breaking or anything but it is annoying to have them remain on the map when you are hunting for them. You have to remember, "oh is that one of the ones I already picked up and is bugged, or should I go back just in case?"

• Pordigy86
    39 posts

@jcar4327
    Ma bad.. Those are all bugged marker on 1st picture, sorry for misleading lol..

• Apohutsy
    25 posts

@adidanapande same here. I have some bugs that wont let me progress further in game. Yet, since I know all opal markers will return once I start a new save, I am waiting for a fix...

• MrGrimzz
    8 posts

@dtschoban nope. and patch 1.04 actually made the game a lot more unstable and buggy. i had 5 crashes in 4 hours. while before patch 1.04 i had 2 crashes since launch.
    going into the store also removed all my berserker gear and wolf mount skin and bird skin.

• Rifkin76
    6 posts

i started a new game and found that already taken opals are still visible on the map

anyone else have this issue and maybe a solution??
    Its kind of annoying not to know if its taken or not

• adidanapande
    4 posts

@thomasdunford THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS TRICK! i was desperate waiting for the patch so I've followed my instinct instead to do just exactly what you told us. Worked perfectly fine tor me, TWICE! Guys this guy's genius. Trust me its not as complicated as it sounds. Now I can continue my game without that silly glitch. Bless you Thomas!

Also if you guys worried Ubi will delete your opal map since we need to delete our main account first, do not worry, when you cancel your suspension (theres a email from Ubi if you would like to cancel your permanent deletion) everything you bought from ubi store before wont be disappear.

If you still need more questions, just let me know! 🙂
    Happy gaming Assassins.

• adidanapande
    4 posts

@apohutsy Hey! I've tried @thomasdunford's method and it worked perfectly fine! you can search his method in the previous thread chat. If theres anything you'd like to know regarding this issue, let me know! 🙂 But just like thomas said, I think this method only works on PS consoles. Good luck trying! 🙂

• Pordigy86
    39 posts

@foggy06
    Hi, could u guys help posting it here,
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/84882/unable-to-loot-clear-opal-opal-bug-post-here

The original poster is posting it on “General Discussion” so I don’t think Ubisoft Staff would treat it as an issue tho.. Thanks !

• Pordigy86
    39 posts

@adidanapande
    Hi, could u guys help posting it here,
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/84882/unable-to-loot-clear-opal-opal-bug-post-here

The original poster is posting it on “General Discussion” so I don’t think Ubisoft Staff would treat it as an issue tho.. Thanks !

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics