Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Showcase.
    1 posts

@thomasdunford I can not log into the game with the "fake account" as it doesn't have Assassin's creed Valhalla activated on its account

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2847 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I have merged together several threads about opal markers not disappearing from the map after being collected into a single megathread. I apologise if any ongoing discussions have been disrupted by this merge.

The issue where previously collected opal markers wouldn't disappear from the map has been marked as resolved in TU 1.1.0 by the development team. If you have collected an opal and the marker still shows as available on your map, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include images/video that shows the opal has been collected, but the marker is still on your map.

I would also like to take the time to share our support article about collecting opals, and how these can only be collected once per game.

Any Opal that you collect will be registered to your account, meaning that once you have picked up a piece of Opal it will not appear again if you start a different save file with the same account. Similarly, any gear purchased with Opal will also be bound to the account it was purchased with.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hello there, thank you for your report! I hope you are enjoying your new console!

I have reported this issue to the developers. Would you be able to provide screenshots or a video of this issue for us?

Official Response
  • Aurin84
    2 posts

Hi I have this bug too..
    Also have bug with count of picked opals in my inventory... I definitely picked 8 opals but in inventory I have only 2 owned

• thomasdunford
    6 posts

You need to delete your real account and create another one on the Ubisoft site.
    Quit the game, when you'll open it, the game will ask you to register to a Ubisoft account in order to play, that's when you register to the newly created account.
    Then pick up all the opals you need since the account has no registered opals on it.
    Save your game, quit the game. delete the fake account and reactivate the real one.
    When you open the game again, register to your real account.
    I did it twice for two opals missing and worked perfectly, let me know if you have any questions and good luck !

• KmarkoPL
    110 posts

@thomasdunford
    Are you on PC ?
    Cause on PC games tied to Uplay Account.
    Deleting account will delete whole game library.
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-us/Faqs/000013515/How-Do-I-Delete-My-Ubisoft-Account/

And even if you create another Ubi account. It will not have access to any games from other account
    And only support can move games to other account on your request.

• KmarkoPL
    110 posts

I rather wait for the Patch fix from Ubisoft than deleting my account !

• Apohutsy
    25 posts

Hello,

Just collected an Opal in Grantebrigdescire then had to reload my game because I messed up a mission. And when I reloaded my save I realized the map marker for the opal was still there. I went to look but the Opal was missing. Same happened with the Opal on top of a mountain in Fornburg. I collected it then fell to my death, when it loaded my last save, the marker was there but the Opal was gone. Hope you can help.

Best wishes,
    Can

• thomasdunford
    6 posts

Hi, I'm on PS4., I guess this solution doesn't work on PC...
    Don't worry, you won't delete your account, only temporarily to get the opal, then you reactivate it 15 minutes later once done! Otherwise I think Ubisoft will probably patch this soon. Good luck to all and enjoy!

• KmarkoPL
    110 posts

@thomasdunford
    You shoild state that early
    On PC creating new "fake" Account is pointless, as it will not have any access to games from original account.

• KmarkoPL
    110 posts

When you collect opal, and load previous save for what ever reason, or even start new game.
    Some collected opal locations witch you collected be for auto save still been displayed on map, and can be located by Raven.
    But there is nothing, as the opals can be collected only once.

• cavveman
    75 posts

I'm having the same problem. Eivor climbs up a mountain and discovers that the opal is picked already. It is somewhat annoying.

• Nexuspara
    2 posts

with me exactly. that's because opal is not in your pocket either and you have won nothing. fix it

• MANO-DC13
    2 posts

I am having the same problem. it's a bit frustrating to have so many opal symbols on the map. 😥

• Mikakou
    2 posts

Im having the same issue. It looks like its being caused because I started a new game since it’s only happening to the opals I had collected before restarting. I had bought the map before collecting any on my previous save.

• FWSWBN
    4 posts

@thomasdunford
    dont post you PS4 solution in PC it doesnt work on PC.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your reports. I have merged you all into 1 thread to keep things tidy, and Ubi-Spud has reported this to our devs.

We'll investigate why the icons remain on the map and if the opals are lost, then implement a fix.

Enjoy your day!

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    621 posts

@ubi-raziel Similar issue with the ore stones. When you smash and pick up one, the raven still spots it. (Without bought map or dying involved.)

• Chackra
    3 posts

I have the same problem but in a different way. I bought the complete map of actifacts, opals and more in the Ubisoft Store and markers appeared but opals that I got in my first playthrough are not there but still appearing in the map. I hate this because I'm so perfectionist and seeing markers of something that doesn't exist... I hope Ubisoft makes something with this, something like deleting cache or restart those opals. Indeed, I had 15 opals and got my 16th from a duplicated opal but the rest didn't appear.

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 127 posts

@jayshua_lyn Thanks for contacting us about this. The game team are currently looking into previously collected opal still showing on the map in order to get it resolved

Official Response
  • Revenskrev
    17 posts

@ubi-ginge The opals are bugged. After picking up a few early game, I have now visited 10-15 opal map markers w/o seeing a single opal (never before visited locations).

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics