Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• roger.helgeson
    6 posts

@jcar4327 I appreciate people trying to come up with temporary fixes so please don’t take this personally as my frustration is not directed at you or anyone trying to come up with a workaround, but there’s really only one acceptable solution here: Ubisoft needs to synchronize account-level saved opal information with local saves. If Synin is able to locate a single map marker for an opal you’ve already collected, it’s broken, period.

It’s ludicrous they designed the game this way without thinking this particular situation through and it’s even more ludicrous that this hasn’t been fixed yet. It’s been weeks. Come on already. I want to play the game already without having to manually keep track of what I’ve already collected.

edit: Also, I play on Pathfinder exploration difficulty so I rely heavily on Synin, not even the map. This bug causes an excessive amount of confusion for me.

• JCar4327
    615 posts

@roger-helgeson I completely agree. Once the opal is gone it should never show up anywhere again.

• Apohutsy
    25 posts

@pordigy86 no, I log in everyday to see if it made it into the mega threads. no, no, no. In a few threads they did say they know of the issue but they never havent really made any progress regarding this bug...

• Apohutsy
    25 posts

Hello all,

@Ubi-Spud responded to this post saying they have plans to fix the opal map marker bug in a future patch. Hope it's true. See the SS below and check out the link to the thread. Also, since my save file is corrupted and near all the opals are collected, I am waiting for a patch to prevent all the map markers from reappearing. @Ubi people, please make this a priority. PLEASE.

undefined

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/80445/opal-icons-showing-on-map-once-collected/1

• hunter1043
    25 posts

See this is why it's good to write out clear steps to reproduce these bugs so that the devs can follow those steps to see what the issue is and hopefully be able to fix it.

• C06RACOILS
    12 posts

i have cleard most of the opals but this one still apears on the map

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hey C06RACOILS! Many thanks for bringing this issue to our attention! Just to confirm, do you recall if you have already collected this particular Opal, or is this an Opal you were never able to collect but it remains visible on the map?

Official Response
  • Zombi3Kill3r83
    1 posts

@jcar4327 Thanx for this the one in the creek bed in Hemthorpe was causing my OCD to drive me insane

• roger.helgeson
    6 posts

@hunter1043 Are you suggesting that hasn’t happened? Because that has happened.

• C06RACOILS
    12 posts

@ubiexcellent yes i collected it but the icon still remain this is the only one that remain on the map after i collected them

• Joker777JL
    1 posts

I have same bug....Someone Find the answer?

• Apohutsy
    25 posts

@adidanapande Yeah I know of this fix. But I play on PC. It won't help me :S

• hunter1043
    25 posts

@roger-helgeson no not at all, you misunderstand me. I was merely restating the importance of such matters, nothing more.

• teh_greg
    12 posts

Hello,

I'm aware that opals are account bound and you can't collect them twice. However, I collected 2 opals in Norway and died. My checkpoint was from before I collected the opals - unfortunately the opals are gone but the icons are still there on the minimap. Please, make the opals disappear from the minimap when they are added to your account. I paid for the map pack to have a nice clean map when I'm done doing the 100% but it's impossible now 😞

I've attached the screenshots of these 2 spots for reference.

undefined

undefined

• roger.helgeson
    6 posts

@hunter1043 Yes, sorry, I realized later that I misread your post - quite uncharitably - and did not come back to rectify my bad response. Sorry about that.

• xSOMxSUPPORT413
    1 posts

I'm currently have a issue/glitch with the opals not appearing in my resources after being picked up all opals I found in Norway disappeared on me when I made the move to England also found two in England that didn't show up in resources after being picked up

• SSXTrickyPS5
    2 posts

I have the same (or maybe similar?) problem. Picked up two opals in Norway, died a second after I got them. Now the opals are still on my map, but they're not there to pick up (guess I got the opals, though...).

There's also a glitch in Grantebridgescire, where I can't pick up an opal. It's there, but the rectangle (PS4) symbol for picking it up never appears. Anyone else have this problem? Screenshots below:

undefinedundefinedundefined

• moriatii
    31 posts

@pordigy86 I bought the opal map, now I wish I hadn't, half of them are not there and others after collecting, the icon stays on the map, in short I have a map that I can barely even see for opals and other players damn photo's...
    Never again will I be stupid enough to buy an Ubisoft game, they are a disgrace to the gaming community.

• m1au
    49 posts

@moriatii

As a workaround you can disable the icons for opals and photos. although you won't be able to see things like the trader, orlog or stables if you turn off opal icons

• moriatii
    31 posts

@m1au Thanks for that info, but it's pointless switching off the icons, most have a good purpose, but photo's and opals are over sized and make the screen look terrible.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics