Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Zamborghini9923
    1 posts

I have the game on pc and playstation 4 and ran into the same issue on both

• AN_771
    1 posts

If you own the opal map that you can buy with helix credits and load an earlier save, any opals you had picked up after that save re-appear on the map and there's no way to remove them.
    Not a major issue, but still annoying..

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hey folks, we're aware of this issue and I'm sorry you've all encountered it. The developers were able to reproduce the issue and have plans to fix it in a future update. Thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • wakasakirocky
    1 posts

@chackra You are not alone. Exact same scenario for me. It tends to happen if I die and have picked up an opal, and the game reverts to a save prior to having picked up the opal.

• DaelosTheCat
    169 posts

I noticed something similar. If you pick up an opal and then start a NEW game and go to the same place, there will be a Raven icon for an opal there, but physically there will be nothing.

• ubitoby101
    3 posts

@chackra I’m having the same issue! (opals still on the map that I collected in a previous play through, but not actually there to collect). I hope they fix this soon in a patch ! If they are no longer available to collect in new games then fine, but they should def remove the map markers for them. If any one has a solution/ fix let us know. Thanks

• MysticExile111
    1 posts

In my save file, I picked up an Opal in the Norway map close to the "Hlutrholt" location in Hordafylke. Not long after, I desynched due to character death and when my reloaded back in, I noticed the Opal collectible map icon still shows up. Thinking that perhaps I may not have collected it, I returned to the same area where I got the Opal only to find nothing there. I am now unable to have this icon removed from the map. Currently unsure which other collectibles on my map are exhibiting the same issue.

Map Icon:

Location w/ Missing Opal:

• RevHaus
    2 posts

I have noticed that if I die shortly after collecting an opal, the opal goes into my inventory but the map icon remains. This has happened a couple of times now. Sure, the "easy fix" is just don't die. If only I were that good. This has happened with two bug "boss fights". Loyalskull in the starting area and the Daughter of Lerion in Grantebridgescire.

• Thortok2000
    1 posts

Adding to existing thread, experiencing same issue. I am on PC.

Opals I collect once, I can never collect again, even when loading a save from before I collected them (like after dying or loading any previous save)

First time it happened I even started a completely new game and still couldn't collect it again.

The map markers are still there but the item is not physically present and can't be looted.

I also came across one opal that is on a shelf that I can see but can't loot.

And the hoard from the hoard map for Oxenfordscire, there's nothing there, no glow or loot, can't complete that either.

• MrGrimzz
    8 posts

so because of the map i purchased with real cash. because i am ocd about collecting everything.
    I now have opal icons on my map i can't clear out. i believe because i collected them but then reloaded a save from before i collected those.
    you can only get them once per account but the icon itself on the map doesn't work that way properly sadly.
    please fix this.

• TALLPAUL713
    3 posts

My problems different, I've bought the opals map, but half the opals are not there when I go get them. Some I've gotten, but some are on my map with no sign of them when i get there, and I've DEFINITELY not collected already/previous save. Anyone else have THIS problem?

• earsndog31
    1 posts

Please help! So I had enough helix credits to get something from the store and I decided to get the opal map. Now I can see where all the opal is but now I can’t even pick any of them up and I’d rather just not see them anymore. I don’t even care if I get refunded my helix credits or not because they were just on my account and I didn’t even buy them. So please help me out!

• ubitoby101
    3 posts

@earsndog31 I have the same problem. Opals that I have collected on a precious play through are still showing on the map, but are not there to collect.

• ubitoby101
    3 posts

I am playing on PC, and I purchased the opals map from the store. I started a new game and I noticed that the opals I already collected from a previous playthrough are still showing on the map - but are not there to be collected. Personally I think the opals should be reset with each new game - but even if the opals can only be collected once per account (which I understand is the case) then the collected / missing opals should definitely not show on the map anymore! I also noticed this also happens if you die soon after collecting an opal and revert to an earlier save before it was collected - the map will still show the opal, but it is not there so you can’t remove it from the map. Please could this opal bug / glitch be fixed in the next patch so that the map does not show already collected opals. Thanks

• seba84_2005
    9 posts
    I have the same error. I bought the map after the game was finish, and I have the markers collected opal stones before I bought a map.

• Double0Delmar
    1 posts

@tallpaul713 that’s my issue as well. I get to the location but nothing is there so it stays on my map

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

Hi there! The developers were able to reproduce this issue and plan to fix it in a future update. Keep an eye out for any future patch notes! 🙂

Official Response
  • Tik3r-
    5 posts

i´m having the same issue, i´ve noticed that if you die after collecting the opal and load the last save the opal still shows in map, you go there but there is nothing to collect.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@ubi-spud Now this is the kind of response I expect and like. Please keep this up. 🙂

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

Please read fully. I upgraded my game from the ps4 version to the ps5 version but because they have seperate trophies i decided to start the game over on the ps5 rather than continue my game from the ps4. I have just finished the quest "family matters" and as i purchased the complete map pack in the ingame store with helix credits everything carried over as expected.
    My maps activated and i can now see on the map the opal symbols even though i have already picked them up im my previous playthrough. So i have opals in my inventory which is good, but i also have a map full of symbols of the ones i have alrdy gotten and the ones ive yet to get. If i go to one which i have alrdy picked up in my past playthrough nothing is there and the symbol doesnt disappear.
    Its obviously a bug and it seriously needs a fix. See pics that show the opal symbols everywhere, that the one im at isnt there and that i have a load in my bags right now:
    undefined
    undefined
    undefined

Suggested Topics