ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• locked topic_solved [RESOLVED] Opal markers don't disappear from the world map after collection | POST HERE

0 likes/327 replies/19202 views
    Zamborghini9923
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1

I have the game on pc and playstation 4 and ran into the same issue on both

• AN_771

If you own the opal map that you can buy with helix credits and load an earlier save, any opals you had picked up after that save re-appear on the map and there's no way to remove them.
    Not a major issue, but still annoying..

• former_user
    ubisoft:x-posts, 0

Hey folks, we're aware of this issue and I'm sorry you've all encountered it. The developers were able to reproduce the issue and have plans to fix it in a future update. Thank you for your patience!

• wakasakirocky

@chackra You are not alone. Exact same scenario for me. It tends to happen if I die and have picked up an opal, and the game reverts to a save prior to having picked up the opal.

• DaelosTheCat
    ubisoft:x-posts, 182

I noticed something similar. If you pick up an opal and then start a NEW game and go to the same place, there will be a Raven icon for an opal there, but physically there will be nothing.

• ubitoby101
    ubisoft:x-posts, 3

@chackra I’m having the same issue! (opals still on the map that I collected in a previous play through, but not actually there to collect). I hope they fix this soon in a patch ! If they are no longer available to collect in new games then fine, but they should def remove the map markers for them. If any one has a solution/ fix let us know. Thanks

• MysticExile111

In my save file, I picked up an Opal in the Norway map close to the "Hlutrholt" location in Hordafylke. Not long after, I desynched due to character death and when my reloaded back in, I noticed the Opal collectible map icon still shows up. Thinking that perhaps I may not have collected it, I returned to the same area where I got the Opal only to find nothing there. I am now unable to have this icon removed from the map. Currently unsure which other collectibles on my map are exhibiting the same issue.

Map Icon:

Location w/ Missing Opal:

• RevHaus
    ubisoft:x-posts, 2

I have noticed that if I die shortly after collecting an opal, the opal goes into my inventory but the map icon remains. This has happened a couple of times now. Sure, the "easy fix" is just don't die. If only I were that good. This has happened with two bug "boss fights". Loyalskull in the starting area and the Daughter of Lerion in Grantebridgescire.

• Thortok2000

Adding to existing thread, experiencing same issue. I am on PC.

Opals I collect once, I can never collect again, even when loading a save from before I collected them (like after dying or loading any previous save)

First time it happened I even started a completely new game and still couldn't collect it again.

The map markers are still there but the item is not physically present and can't be looted.

I also came across one opal that is on a shelf that I can see but can't loot.

And the hoard from the hoard map for Oxenfordscire, there's nothing there, no glow or loot, can't complete that either.

• MrGrimzz
    ubisoft:x-posts, 8

so because of the map i purchased with real cash. because i am ocd about collecting everything.
    I now have opal icons on my map i can't clear out. i believe because i collected them but then reloaded a save from before i collected those.
    you can only get them once per account but the icon itself on the map doesn't work that way properly sadly.
    please fix this.

• TALLPAUL713

My problems different, I've bought the opals map, but half the opals are not there when I go get them. Some I've gotten, but some are on my map with no sign of them when i get there, and I've DEFINITELY not collected already/previous save. Anyone else have THIS problem?

• earsndog31

Please help! So I had enough helix credits to get something from the store and I decided to get the opal map. Now I can see where all the opal is but now I can’t even pick any of them up and I’d rather just not see them anymore. I don’t even care if I get refunded my helix credits or not because they were just on my account and I didn’t even buy them. So please help me out!

• ubitoby101

@earsndog31 I have the same problem. Opals that I have collected on a precious play through are still showing on the map, but are not there to collect.

• ubitoby101

I am playing on PC, and I purchased the opals map from the store. I started a new game and I noticed that the opals I already collected from a previous playthrough are still showing on the map - but are not there to be collected. Personally I think the opals should be reset with each new game - but even if the opals can only be collected once per account (which I understand is the case) then the collected / missing opals should definitely not show on the map anymore! I also noticed this also happens if you die soon after collecting an opal and revert to an earlier save before it was collected - the map will still show the opal, but it is not there so you can’t remove it from the map. Please could this opal bug / glitch be fixed in the next patch so that the map does not show already collected opals. Thanks

• seba84_2005
    ubisoft:x-posts, 9
    I have the same error. I bought the map after the game was finish, and I have the markers collected opal stones before I bought a map.

• Double0Delmar

@tallpaul713 that’s my issue as well. I get to the location but nothing is there so it stays on my map

• former_user
    ubisoft:x-posts, 0

Hi there! The developers were able to reproduce this issue and plan to fix it in a future update. Keep an eye out for any future patch notes! 🙂

• Tik3r-
    ubisoft:x-posts, 5

i´m having the same issue, i´ve noticed that if you die after collecting the opal and load the last save the opal still shows in map, you go there but there is nothing to collect.

• ImaginaryRuins
    ubisoft:x-posts, 418

@ubi-spud Now this is the kind of response I expect and like. Please keep this up. 🙂

• Tasha-Soriah
    ubisoft:x-posts, 164

Please read fully. I upgraded my game from the ps4 version to the ps5 version but because they have seperate trophies i decided to start the game over on the ps5 rather than continue my game from the ps4. I have just finished the quest "family matters" and as i purchased the complete map pack in the ingame store with helix credits everything carried over as expected.
    My maps activated and i can now see on the map the opal symbols even though i have already picked them up im my previous playthrough. So i have opals in my inventory which is good, but i also have a map full of symbols of the ones i have alrdy gotten and the ones ive yet to get. If i go to one which i have alrdy picked up in my past playthrough nothing is there and the symbol doesnt disappear.
    Its obviously a bug and it seriously needs a fix. See pics that show the opal symbols everywhere, that the one im at isnt there and that i have a load in my bags right now:
    undefined
    undefined
    undefined

Suggested Topics