Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ganerumo
    1 posts

Hey there.

While playing the game I've started to notice that, at various points, I will randomly be given either a piece of armor or a rune. I'm playing on the Ubisoft+ version of the game (I've noticed it runs on a different process, so I assume it may have some importance).

The runes are granted when loading a save. These have always been the Rune of Health, Rune of Attack and Rune of Stealth, but their number varies each time. They can be sold without any issues.

The armor bug is a bit more strange. Seemingly at random, a piece of armor can appear in my inventory, the same piece which I can then loot off a chest in its intended location. This has so far occurred three times, twice with the same armor piece:

• The Huntsman Armor manifested in my inventory after completing the Ledecestrescire Kingmaker arc. I thought it was just a quest reward, but I then found it again in its intended chest.
    • After obtaining the "real" armor item in the chest, I started experimenting with rune placements, upgrading one or either of the items, etc. It somehow ended up creating a THIRD version.
    • In my current session, I went fishing and one catch turned into the Galloglach Armor, which turns out is supposed to be in a chest in a region I haven't been to yet.

I don't know why this happens. I'm not a game developer but to me it seems like the game sometimes gets mixed up in addresses and gives the player the wrong thing.

A couple of extra details about the Huntsman armor:

• I could play with it equipped and have the stats applied without causing bugs
    • It replicated in my inventory after I upgraded one of them, equipped a rune into it, then opened the duplicate and equipped the same rune into it.
    • Swapping runes as mentioned above can sometimes also undo upgrades to the item, or transfer upgrades between them.
    • Equipping one item highlights all of them in the inventory, but I think this is purely UI related and does not imply the armor is actually equipped thrice.
    • Armor set bonuses are counted properly.

No clue how that happened. It was pretty funny to catch a random fish only for it to turn into a full piece of armor. Would certainly like to know how that could even occur.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hey there, thank you for this report! That is indeed strange. I wonder if the chest this piece is in is accessible as well? I will forward his to the team for review.

Official Response
  • MajorSalty
    13 posts

Did you by any chance talk to the tattoo guy Svend? There's a bug that I'm also experiencing where I receive the Galloglach Armor in my inventory after talking to him in Raventhorpe (no matter if his shop is built or not), despite not having visited the location of the chest in Lincolnshire yet.

• HAZDOG98
    1 posts

I’ve been trying to get all the tattoos, succeeded in clearing the map of all icons, go to my tattoo shop to browse them and realise I have 4 Odins emblem face tattoos... assuming this is a bug and 3 of them should be different tattoos, how can I fix this???

• Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 127 posts

Do you only experience this with the Galloglach armour or others?
    Could you possibly share footage of this happening

Official Response
  • cinixxerios
    2 posts

Hello,

I've run into a rather odd bug, early on in my play through I found the Galloglach Armor (Fond before the 1.0.2 update) and it's been one of the pieces I've used through out my play through. While going back through Lincolnscire trying to get all the Wealth chests to finish the area (post 1.0.2 update) I came to Spalding Bandit Lair and open its chest to find the Galloglach Armor again. The armor seems to reset the visuals of the other piece I have (Which is now Legendary). I'm not sure what caused this and there's more then 20 hours of game play between when I first found the Galloglach armor and when I ended up finding the duplicate so I am not sure if the issue is this chest or was another one I ran into.

For now I went back to my save before that bug and just have been avoiding the Bandit Lair but I can't clear that location so long as this is a thing. Playing on PC as well if that matters.

• MajorSalty
    13 posts

@ubi-ginge
    Only happens with the Galloglach armor for me. Simply talking to Svend triggers it, no matter if his tattoo shop is built or not.
    I haven't reached the location where you find the armor yet, so no but I did record some footage of the armor being added to your inventory after talking to Svend:

First with his shop not built, Galloglach armor appearing in inventory after talking to Svend:
    https://streamable.com/krxq29

And with his shop built, showing both the Vegvisir chest tattoo not being available despite having the Vegvisir (Front) Scheme for it, as well as the Galloglach armor being added to the inventory:
    https://streamable.com/35xxuu

I suspect that the missing tattoo and the armor duplicate are related. I've seen other reports of players where the Huntsman armor is added to the inventory instead and I think having a different tattoo missing.

• Gingerface642
    13 posts

Not a major issue but still a bit annoying, I have duplicate armour for the huntsman and galloglaich chest pieces, I've upgraded one version of huntsman to silver and one version of galloglaich to gold but if I hover over the duplicate versions that aren't upgraded it temporarily resets my upgraded version until I return to the blacksmith at ravensthorpe

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hey there! We are aware of this issue and are working on resolving it. No workaround at the moment I'm afraid, but I appreciate the report.

Official Response
  • Etny2k
    16 posts

I am not sure how I got 2 of these armors but it is bugging me.
    undefined

• Kostas_172
    1 posts

so basically i just looted a chest and i got an armor i already had, no idea where i originally found it, idk if it glitched and it was supposed to give me a different armor the first time and now i wont be able to complete one of the sets, cause if thats the case, it would be really annoying

undefined

• mbiggs31183
    13 posts

I have this same issue with the Huntsman armor. The weird thing is I can upgrade one, but not the other.

• thuggin_21bjorn
    1 posts

Hi Ubisoft

I’ve gotten the Galloglach Torso armor piece twice now. I have an upgraded Flawless version, and a superior version. 
    I believe it’s a bug, and I’m therefore missing another armor or weapon piece. 

I got the 2nd one at Spalding Bandit Lair, in Lincolnscire. 

• MajorSalty
    13 posts

@ubi-raziel
    Not sure if it's still needed, but I have a video of it happening, not with the Muninn Call tattoo and the Huntsman Armor as descript by fuffness, but with the Vegvisir Scheme (Front) which doesn't unlock and getting the Galloglach Armor instead:
    https://streamable.com/35xxuu

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hello everyone!

I can see there have been a lot of discussions regarding duplicate items, so I have merged you all together. Your experiences may differ slightly but they all seem to relate to the same issue source.

Our team are investigating this issue as we speak, and we'll let you know if we have any questions!

Official Response
  • ThatGuyWithFace
    1 posts

The Vegvisir Front(chest) tattoo schematic seems to be bugged. Once you hand it over to Svend(tattoo NPC) it doesn't properly add the Vegvisir tattoo to the chest tattoo list, and it seems to add the Galloglach Torso armor, even if you don't have it. This might be linked to the Galloglach torso armor dupe bug.

• AbraXaz13
    6 posts

Hello,

yesterday i completed the East - Anglia quest line. After i returned to my settlement i noticed a new armor chest piece in my inventory.

The Galloglaigh armor chest piece wich didn't pick up because according to google its in a completly different region.

Did anyone else got this after some quest? Or some other pieces of armor?

Maybe it is a quest reward and i just missed the notification...

Also i have two pieces of the Huntsman armor chestpiece and if i equip one, both highlight as equiped, thats just a display bug i guess.

• Yi2010558
    2 posts

Okay, now there are two issues I would like to address, one is major, the other is minor.

The major issue is the duplicating Huntsman Armor bug. You will find a Huntsman armor piece in one of the chests in Grantebridgescire. However, if you talked to the tattoo shop's person in your own settlement, you will get another piece as well. Since this game should have one piece of equipment each, I believe this is an unintended bug.

The other issue we have is the fish good/hunts good trade store will still offer the same design item after it has been already traded. For example, you may trade for the design item of Asgard shield for your longboat from the fish good trade shop twice. Doing so will also make 2 appearances in your longboat configurtion menu, which is extremely strange.

Please try to fix them in the next patch, thank you.

• Fractal009
    63 posts

Hello everyone, anyone got this bug with the Gallowglach Set ? (or any other ) As I was looting the Spandid Bandid Lair on the very southern shores of Lincolnscire, i dropped as planned the Gallowglach chest, wich is normal since it s the location you will find this piece of set. My problem is that i already had that piece of set in my inventory ! So my question is, is this a bug, is this intended, did I drop first place the Gallowglach chest instead of another one, in wich case I m fu..d because I will never have what I was supposed to drop. So, what I did was to load a previous save and keep the safe closed until I figure out what s happening here. This is really bad if it prevents me from having any other gear completed because of a missing chest.
    I play on PS4 Pro and i hope someone can help me on this because this game is really enjoyable but full of bugs to be honest.(check the longhouse hunting trophies bug as well please 🙂 Thank You

• zouLIFEE
    5 posts

Platform: PC

I have duplicates of 2 different Equipment pieces. I don't know how I got them. Here is a Video:

You'll see PS4 Controls in the Video because I've connected my PS4 Controller via USB to my PC.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics