Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• davidtsmith333
    Original poster 44 posts

I have the harpoon ability but for the heck of me I can't figure out how to use or activate it. From what I recall it just remains inactive in the ability slot so I eventually replaced the slot with another ability. How do you get to use it? Is there some harpoon weapon you have to get or equip in order to use the ability? I've searched the web and haven't found out yet. If anyone comes across this thread can shed some light on this for me on how to use I'll appreciate it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• davidtsmith333
    Original poster 44 posts

Help please. I just slot the ability back in one of the melee slots again to try out and it's still not lighting up in order to activate so still unable to use it. Am I missing something? I have level 2 of ability and can't figure out. It's the only ability I can't get to use. Do you have to equip some other weapon in order to use the harpoon or is it like one of the weapons he carries with him regardless?

• lemmie88
    275 posts

@davidtsmith333 Eivor should have the harpoon regardless. There must be an enemy nearby to be able to use it. Is it greyed out for you even in the middle of a fight? Mine will light up when in combat. Hope you get it working, its one my favorite finish animations in the game! 😄

• davidtsmith333
    Original poster 44 posts

Thanks for your reply @lemmie88 . I had a sneaking suspicion that may have been the case that perhaps he travellelled with it regardless and you had to be in battle for it to light up but wasn't sure. I still have it equipped so going to try it in a while in action. I've seen many people say it's good to use so keeping fingers crossed I get it going. I'll report back. Thanks again.

• davidtsmith333
    Original poster 44 posts

UPDATE: Ok I got it to work and quite like it. Apparently you got to be in range/close enough of to a target for the harpon ability icon to be lit/activated in order to use otherwise it would be dimmed..which makes sense actually (after all the harpoon does have a limited reach) Just now came across a similar question from back in last November and a responder confirmed this. It's similar to a couple other abilities which require you to be in range of a target to use. Thanks again for your input @lemmie88 otherwise I would have been none the wiser and missed out on using it. So glad I got this figured out. Cheers.

Suggested Topics