Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RicoforDedsec1
    1 posts

If you are stuck on this, reload the save, and instead of chucking him into the river, walk into it while carrying him. This worked for me.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3530 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As we have had no further reports of this issue persisting in-game following the release of TU 1.2.2, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble with "An Abbot's Gambit," please don't hesitate to open up a new thread so we can take a closer look. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. Any images or videos that demonstrate the issue in-game are also helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Steinbach009
    3 posts

Is there a way to fully reset the mission because i did some other missions while the bug was active.

• Ellyham
    1 posts

Hey guys! I stepped out of the animus and walked around as Layla for a bit, then talked to the NPCs and got back in and it worked. I was standing just outside the inn and Eivor immediately began the story dialog and the quest updated. My friend did this as well and it worked for him too.

• Revenskrev
    20 posts

@wongzilla13 Had to meditate 3 times for it to work here.

• cellq7
    6 posts

Arrive at the Inn where the quest said but the quest log is blank and unable to talk to anybody

• stardhstonew
    1 posts

So I’ve been reading a lot of threads which point out how people can’t interact with the people in the inn, or the bard keeps glitching. I’ve progressed past that point, but at the bit where it tells me to “find and get the message”, I can’t progress because the messenger in question does not exist in my game. I’ve meditated, killed civilians, restarted the game, but none of these have worked for me. I’m 70 hours in, so restarting isn’t a plausible option for me, and I completed the Jotunheim story arc hoping by the time I was done the Fortress would reset itself (it did but still no messenger), so trying to go back all the way to when it initially glitched is also out of the question. Any help would be appreciated!

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@stardhstonew Hello there! Thanks for reaching out about this, and sorry to hear you've still had trouble after preforming all these steps! I'd like to have a closer look at this issue in your game specifically. Could you perhaps provide us with a video of this occurring for review?

Official Response
  • usrhlp
    5 posts

Ffs Ubisoft does no one test this stuff?

• guest-7sQVFkOG
    1 posts

I have a similar issue to others. After speaking to Basim and the monk, nothing happens. I went off and spent days on other missions and came back to this after not being able to progress furher.
    I decided to load a previous save and lose all my progress to retry this mission.
    BUT it still has the sane issue.
    So frustrating and i cant play this game any further without completing this mission that blocks me from starting it???

• BlueLupe
    7 posts

I meditated for a bit and then it sorted itself out! Hope it works for everyone else too.

I'm still stuck with the arrows bug though... I've upgraded my arrow capacity twice and instead of it going up in capacity, it's gone down. I daren't upgrade it again in case it goes down further. Going to Vinland doesn't work, as some have suggested.

• Chris-CW-King
    1 posts

@ultimagutti
    Finally managed to get past this
    first of all save your game manually.
    Load the game from the manual save.
    Go to one of the characters with a speech bubble and walk into them and as soon as you see the speak triangle icon hit it quick once you do that you will find the rest of the characters can be spoken to as normal

• kimtx565
    2 posts

I encountered this bug at 72 hours in and had to reload a previous save that lost me 3 hours of gameplay. I also had the Seer bug and had to start from scratch on that one. I love this game but now I’m scared of doing side quests because it will bug my game. Now I’m just heading to the end because the frustration is real. Great game with way too many bugs to thoroughly enjoy.

• kimtx565
    2 posts

@blurredexistent I encountered this bug at 72 hours in and had to reload a previous save that lost me 3 hours of gameplay. I also had the Seer bug and had to start from scratch on that one. I love this game but now I’m scared of doing side quests because it will bug my game. Now I’m just heading to the end because the frustration is real. Great game with way too many bugs to thoroughly enjoy.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hi folks! I greatly appreciate everyone sharing the workarounds you all have found for this bug with the bard not speaking with Eivor. I've brought this issue to our team's attention and have shared some of the workarounds you all have posted about here with them. For those of you that do not have any success with reloading a previous save, mediating, or with de-synchronizing, please share a video clip of the issue here.

Official Response
  • TRUCKWRECK63
    4 posts

@ubiexcellent I encountered this issue as well on PS4 after talking to abbot. After speaking with abbot only quest name appears in top left corner, no info on where to go. Can't speak to drunk or continue quest line in any way. I even tried loading a save from 20 hours previous and same issue occurs every time.

• TRUCKWRECK63
    4 posts

@ubiexcellent fixed by killing civilians at inn and reloading. Really not happy with all the bugs in the game.

• UbiExcellent

@truckwreck63 I'm so sorry to hear that you had to reload a previous save, which set you back by 20 hours, only to not have the issue fixed. However, I'm glad to hear that you were able to workaround this issue by killing civilians at the inn then reload your save. At the moment, our teams are still investigating this issue, but as soon as we have more information, we'll make sure to post it here and on the game's News and Videos page.

Official Response
  • Freestepper
    111 posts

@ubiexcellent "However, I'm glad to hear that you were able to workaround this issue by killing civilians at the inn then reload your save."

This somehow sounds brutal and funny in the same time, if you think about it out of gaming, even though you know it's in the game. Sorry for OT.

• UbiExcellent

@freestepper Not to worry! It was certainly a strange sentence to type out. 😅 I'm hoping our teams find a longer-term solution for everyone soon which doesn't include killing civilians at the inn.

Official Response
  • awesomegoat
    3 posts

I'm now a few months after these messages and I just hit this bug. I'm almost 100 hours into the game. I can not start over. I have tried backing out 5 hours to a previous play. Please tell me that you guys have fixed this.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics