ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Chris-CW-King
    1 posts

@ultimagutti
    Finally managed to get past this
    first of all save your game manually.
    Load the game from the manual save.
    Go to one of the characters with a speech bubble and walk into them and as soon as you see the speak triangle icon hit it quick once you do that you will find the rest of the characters can be spoken to as normal

• kimtx565
    2 posts

I encountered this bug at 72 hours in and had to reload a previous save that lost me 3 hours of gameplay. I also had the Seer bug and had to start from scratch on that one. I love this game but now I’m scared of doing side quests because it will bug my game. Now I’m just heading to the end because the frustration is real. Great game with way too many bugs to thoroughly enjoy.

• kimtx565
    2 posts

@blurredexistent I encountered this bug at 72 hours in and had to reload a previous save that lost me 3 hours of gameplay. I also had the Seer bug and had to start from scratch on that one. I love this game but now I’m scared of doing side quests because it will bug my game. Now I’m just heading to the end because the frustration is real. Great game with way too many bugs to thoroughly enjoy.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hi folks! I greatly appreciate everyone sharing the workarounds you all have found for this bug with the bard not speaking with Eivor. I've brought this issue to our team's attention and have shared some of the workarounds you all have posted about here with them. For those of you that do not have any success with reloading a previous save, mediating, or with de-synchronizing, please share a video clip of the issue here.

Official Response
  • TRUCKWRECK63
    5 posts

@ubiexcellent I encountered this issue as well on PS4 after talking to abbot. After speaking with abbot only quest name appears in top left corner, no info on where to go. Can't speak to drunk or continue quest line in any way. I even tried loading a save from 20 hours previous and same issue occurs every time.

• TRUCKWRECK63
    5 posts

@ubiexcellent fixed by killing civilians at inn and reloading. Really not happy with all the bugs in the game.

• UbiExcellent

@truckwreck63 I'm so sorry to hear that you had to reload a previous save, which set you back by 20 hours, only to not have the issue fixed. However, I'm glad to hear that you were able to workaround this issue by killing civilians at the inn then reload your save. At the moment, our teams are still investigating this issue, but as soon as we have more information, we'll make sure to post it here and on the game's News and Videos page.

Official Response
  • Freestepper
    161 posts

@ubiexcellent "However, I'm glad to hear that you were able to workaround this issue by killing civilians at the inn then reload your save."

This somehow sounds brutal and funny in the same time, if you think about it out of gaming, even though you know it's in the game. Sorry for OT.

• UbiExcellent

@freestepper Not to worry! It was certainly a strange sentence to type out. 😅 I'm hoping our teams find a longer-term solution for everyone soon which doesn't include killing civilians at the inn.

Official Response
  • awesomegoat
    3 posts

I'm now a few months after these messages and I just hit this bug. I'm almost 100 hours into the game. I can not start over. I have tried backing out 5 hours to a previous play. Please tell me that you guys have fixed this.

• UbiExcellent

@awesomegoat Hey there! As of right now, this issue is still being investigated. I'm extremely sorry that I do not have better news to share yet. If you're able to provide your save files via a support ticket or upload a video clip of this issue, I'll be happy to get both sent over to the development team for further evaluation.

Official Response
  • awesomegoat
    3 posts

I don't really know how to do that.

• awesomegoat
    3 posts

@ubiexcellent I don't really know how to do that.

• UbiExcellent

@awesomegoat Apologies for the difficulties caused! A more detailed guide on how to copy the save, then move it to a PC can be seen here: (https://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/data_system.html). I hope these help!

Official Response
  • Amberwolf17
    1 posts

I solved it by getting aggravated and just hit the bard with my ax. XD I can't believe that worked!!!

• UbiExcellent

@amberwolf17 How unfortunate for the bard, but I do appreciate you sharing this workaround. 😅

Official Response
  • thestevied10
    1 posts

Kill civilians. You’ll be desynchronised after killing about 5 then when you restart you’ll be able to talk to them.

• Drkburn33
    1 posts

Abits gambit: the emissary disappeared when i raided the fortresses. This sux the game glitches out at least 3 times a day and you have to keep going to previous saves what is wrong with this game!!!!!

• J4CK2552
    5 posts

I got the game for Xmas and just got to this quest (Jan 15th). Still broken, even though the rest of these posts are from November. I can talk to Basim and the Priest guy, but once that conversation is over, the quest gives no pointers on where to go or what to do. Looked it up and tried a couple of the fixes/skips, but none of them worked. This is the first glitch I've encountered on this game so it was quite jarring to come across a main story quest that just doesn't work, no matter what I try.

• SearStingray157
    9 posts

Abbots Gambit seems broken to me. After I followed Basim and the quest started, there is no update.
    I found the walk through, but I do not see any person to talk to in Tonbridge Inn.

Any suggestions how I can proceed ?

Suggested Topics