Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@mvgnightfury Thanks for tagging me in this post! Are you able to post the video URL here? If you upload the clip to a streaming site such as YouTube, then share the video link here, that should allow me to view it. Additionally, if you can send me a private message regarding the Facebook message you sent, I'll be happy to make sure our team sees your message.

Official Response
  • SilenozKenshin
    2 posts

Its FEBRUARY 2021 and this quest is STILL BUGGED??? After talked with Basin and that Priest guy, the quest just wont get updated! 134 hours of my life down the drain, Ubisoft??? Really???

• budlightdano
    4 posts

I have done everything else in the game and cannot move past the Dover Fortress. The emissary is not there. I have read about this bug but no one has any answers. I have done all the options people have given online and to no avail. Does anyone know how to correct this? 80 hours plus gameplay!

• Fr1984eek
    1 posts

I have the same problem, after talking to Basim the marker for the quest is not there. Im 96 hours in and I AM NOT starting over. Will you please fix this problem??

• budlightdano
    4 posts

@ultimagutti Did you ever find a solution? The emissary isn’t there in Dover Fortress and I can eagle visit him although it says the area is there.

• budlightdano
    4 posts

@mrendler The mission says to go the fortress but the emissary isn’t there. It has a highlighted area but he is nowhere to be found.

• Heidelbreeze
    1 posts

At the point in the mission where you need to find and kill the emissary to get his message, and the emissary is completely missing. I've looked at a number of video walkthroughs and seen the locations where he seems to spawn and also done complete laps of the entire highlighted blue area you can see from the Raven view while spamming Odin's sight to look for the blue quest icon that should show up on him. I've loaded multiple different auto saves, but the most recent one which was retained with the game in an unglitched state is over four hours of game time in the past, and obviously I'd rather not do that if possible. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

• davidarkka
    7 posts

Hi!
    How a I have been played the Assassin's Creed Vahalla since last november. In this week, when I was to make the mission "Abbot Gambit", the game stopped work and I can't get the message from emissary that is needed to advance the game. Without completing this mission, I am unable to continue playing the main history. I've tried everything to make the game work again: I've already turned off and on the video game, restarted the game, I've already done other missions, I've left the animus millions of times and nothing has helped the "Abbot Gambit" mission to return to normal. I refuse to have to start the game again and redo the more than 157 hours of games that have already been played due to a bug. Imagine how disgusted I am to imagine that I will not be able to complete the game that I have waited so long to play. Dearly, I ask you to check if there is anything you can do for me so that I can complete this mission and finish the game smoothly.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

@davidarkka Hello there. Sorry to hear you're still encountering issues with Abbot's Gambit. First, I'd like to know if you've tried a small workaround found - some players have been able to circumvent this issue by killing enough civilians to de-sync from the animus. You've mentioned leaving the animus, thus I presume you've tried this. With that in mind, I would like to note that our team would like more information for this investigation. We'd like to grab the save game files of those who are experiencing this. You can send these to us by attaching them to a newly created support ticket with our dedicated support team! 

Official Response
  • davidarkka
    7 posts

@Ubi-Wan Tks for reply.

I tried this methods:

1. Restart game
    2. Restart PS5 console
    3. Reinstall game
    4. Travel for Vinland / Asgard
    5. Exit for the Animus
    6. Kill civilians to generate de-sync
    7. Complete another missions
    8. Meditate several times

Unfortunately none of the methods worked, the emissary does not appear and the message cannot be retrieved.
    I'm playing on PS5 and can't get the save game.

I will be waiting for a solution to be able to finish the story.

• guest-BDslBJye
    4 posts

@bdcht Similar issue on PS4. I can’t talk to people when I want to know “where the emissary went”. This extends through the whole game, and I have to restart it in order to be able to speak again. As soon as I go back to the monastery, the problem starts again. This is a serious issue, as I cannot proceed with the quest!

• guest-BDslBJye
    4 posts

Hi !
    there are posts about this issue around November 2020, but not answer. Who can help ? I’m on PS4, currently playing “the Abbot’s gambit”. I have to go to the inn in order to hear where the emissary went - but I can’t speak to anyone. As soon as I enter the premises, dialogue becomes impossible and this then extends through the whole game. I need to restart it in order to be able to speak again.

• guest-BDslBJye
    4 posts

@guest-oh8ihmcf @UbiExcellent
    i’ve had similar issues now, 14 March, on PS4. Even though I finally managed to go on playing (killed everybody, restarted, walked straight to the emissary, paid him (!!!)), this is clearly an annoying, major bug, apparently unsolved. Pretty disappointing !

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 681 posts

@guest-bdslbjye

Hey there.

Your issue is slightly different to that which has been posted in other similar threads shared on the forums but I can confirm that it is known to the development team and is under active investigation at the moment.

Official Response
  • davidarkka
    7 posts

@guest-BDslBJye
    I also have the same problem, the emissary has disappeared and I can't get the message.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@guest-bdslbjye & @davidarkka Thank you both for keeping this thread updated. As of right now, the teams are still looking into this error with not being able to complete "Abbots Gambit". I've let them know this has continued to be an issue following the latest update and will continue to follow-up on this thread as soon as new information has been provided.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4118 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I've merged together several threads about issues that have been encountered during the quest "Abbot's Gambit" together into a single megathread. This will help us to keep all information and updates about the investigations in one place. I apologise if any ongoing discussions have been disrupted by the merge.

I'd like to provide you all with an update on the investigations taking place with "Abbot's Gambit," and what additional information we may require from you:

• Unable to interact with NPCs to find the location of the Emissary
      • Comments: The development team are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save files for further investigation. Please share your ticket number within the thread so the player support team can find these.
    • Unable to steal the letter from the Emissary
      • Comments: The development team are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save files for further investigation. Please share your ticket number within the thread so the player support team can find these.

If you do not see the issue you're encountering above, please don't hesitate to let us know within this thread so we can take a closer look.

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • davidarkka
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis Tks for reply.
    I made the video below, which shows that the NPC "Emissary" is missing from Dover Fortress

• mtmart12
    1 posts

This is ridiculous that this game has been out for 7 months and it still a game breaking glitch like this.

like many others, after speaking with Basim, all I get is the quest objective. No map marker telling me to go the inn. I can’t speak with any NPC.

Ive tried killing civilians, meditating, reloading a previous save, resetting the game, going straight to Dover Fortress. NOTHING WORKS.

Fix it. My god.

• cameronegnor
    1 posts

I'm having the same issue that a lot of people are experiencing. 40 hours or more into the game, which is fantastic by the way, and we go to the mission. The abbots gambit. Personally, I can only go as fare as talking to the abbot, when I'm told to head towards the inn and get information. It doesn't give me locations and when I finally found the place, the only thing that was intractable, was the stable. I've tried everything. Also would like to mention this is a DISC version. 

Suggested Topics