Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 217 posts

@lardo2005 Hi there. We've received similar reports about being unable to proceed in the Abbots Gambit mission. We would like to look into your save files, so it would be helpful if you could create a case on the Support Portal and upload your save files for our team to review! Thank you very much!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes for "Abbot's Gambit" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The list of fixes include the following issues:

• Unable to interact with the Bard
    • Unable to steal the letter from the Emissary

If you are still encountering issues with "Abbot's Gambit" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • davidarkka
    7 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @UbiExcellent

This mission still bugged in Title Update 1.2.1.
    I created a ticket (14603380) and sent my save file.

Fix it, please.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed repsonse. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences with "Abbot's Gambit." I'd like to provide you with an updated status with the ongoing investigations into this quest:

• Unable to interact with NPCs to find the location of the Emissary
      • Comments: The development team are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save files for further investigation. Please share your ticket number within the thread so the player support team can find these.
      • Comments: The development team are interested in collecting the save files of affected players. If you play on PC/PS4, please can you open a support ticket and submit your save files for further investigation. Please share your ticket number within the thread so the player support team can find these.

If you do not see the issue you're encountering above, please don't hesitate to let us know within this thread so we can take a closer look.

@davidarkka - Thanks for sending us a video of the issue you're encountering, and for sharing your support ticket. I've passed this report along to the development team for further investigation.

@mtmart12 - I'm sorry to hear you're unable to interact with the NPCs to find the location of the Emissary. Thank you for letting us know what additional troubleshooting steps you've tried. Would you be able to send us a video so we can pass it along to the development team?

@cameronegnor - Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us. Would you be able to provide us with a video of the issue you're encountering? We can then forward this to the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Uncharted24_7
    5 posts

Hello everyone,

I’m currently playing Assassins Creed Valhalla on the PS5 so I’m unable to supply a save file.

I had the same issue listed above, where I had to die before I could talk to the npc’s at the inn, but now I have another problem.

I found the bard underneath the bridge, took him into the river to sober him up, then proceeded to use my battle horn from the down directional button menu six times and I still had no option to talk to him.

I went to a different area in England as an attempt to reset him, this didn’t work. As he is no longer under the bridge and I can’t find him in the immediate vicinity. I’ve tried all the possible workarounds, I even when to Jotunheim to see if being in a different area would reset his position.

I’m currently 160 hours in and I really don’t want to have to start over. If I can be of any assistance or if someone has a way to get save files off the PS5, please let me know.

• Nathansmith87
    3 posts

I am unable to progress past the quest, Abbots gambit. There is no option to talk to the bard. I am quite an experienced player so have tried many different fixes to resolve this several times and no luck. I have no previous saves to go back on.

I see on the community that this is a common problem that has been present since launch that is still unresolved. I am very worried that nobody is going to fix this. At 80 hours gameplay it isn't an option to start again and I feel like I've wasted my time. If no fix is offered (and after 6 months it's fair to say it doesn't look like one will arrive soon) can players experiencing this issue be offered refunds? I spent £100 on this edition of the game and can't finish it due to a bug. 

• JackBoaz
    2 posts

I mean at this point why do we still have this problem? Almost 6 months down the line and Ubisoft still haven’t attended to it at all, I’ve seen many others with roughly the same problem during the abbots gambit mission and given up with completion of the game because there is no possible way to progress , mine was similar in that I dropped the drunk into the river (where there is supposed to then be a cutscene) but he just walked off, I’ve tried everything, restarting console, moving to Asgard/Norway and back, killing the npcs at the inn. Nothing has worked, if Ubisoft are too lazy to fix this problem which a lot of users are having then why aren’t we receiving refunds for our wasted money?? I spent £50 on the basis that I would be able to complete this game, at this point I just want it completed .... one of the buggiest AC games I have played. Very disappointed .

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@Uncharted24_7 - Thank you for sharing your report with us, and for including the steps you tried to resolve the issue. I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to interact with the bard. If you can ensure that you have an up-to-date copy of your save uploaded to the cloud, we can notify the development team and they can take a closer look at this.

If possible, would you be able to provide a video that shows you're unable to interact with the bard at all? We can then include this in your report.

I know that starting over isn't ideal. Rest assured that the development team is currently looking into what could be potentially causing this issue for players. As soon as we have any new updates to share, we will post these within the thread.

@Nathansmith87 - Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and for letting us know that you've tried to resolve the issue yourself. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to proceed further in "Abbot's Gambit" due to being unable to interact with the bard. The development team are investigating this issue further. If you'd be able to provide a video, we'd be happy to include this in your report to the development team so it can be used for further investigation.

If you purchase the game from the Ubisoft Store, you're welcome to open a support ticket to submit a refund request. I've checked your account and it looks like you didn't purchase the game from the Ubisoft Store. In this case, you will need to contact your original retailer for further assistance with refund requests.

@JackBoaz - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear this, and apologise for any disappointment that has been caused. Thank you for letting me know more about your experience with "Abbot's Gambit," and what you tried to resolve this issue yourself.

We are unable to speculate on the time that investigations may take, or to provide ETAs for fixes when these aren't available. As soon as we have any new updates to share from the investigation, we aim to let you know within this thread as soon as we're able to. I understand that this may not be the answer you were hoping for, but I would like to reassure you that we will continue working with you all to try and get these issues resolved.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Presticide
    1 posts

I’ve tried all of these. My game literally just says “The Abbots Gambit” but nothing under it. If I pause it and go to the quest, it says find Fulke and Sigurd. It doesn’t highlight anything. I walked into the River with Bard and he walked away and wouldn’t let me talk to him. Now I’m stuck on this mission with nothing to do.

• BastianAchcraft
    1 posts

I'm having a similar issue as most on here, I spoke with the Abbot and Basim, I bribed the Stable Master, and I threw the bard into the river. The Bard swam out and walked away my quest blurb simply has the title with no objective underneath. Please fix as I'm 135 hours in, have all the collectables, and would like to finish the game.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Presticide & @BastianAchcraft! Welcome to the forums 🙂

It sounds like you're encountering the same issue as one another. If possible, would you be able to send us a video that shows your current position in "The Abbot's Gambit," and that there's no quest blurb available. If you can also show that you're unable to proceed by interacting with any of the area NPCs, that would be very helpful.

Additionally, please can you ensure you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. The best way to do this is to create a manual save, and then check for the cloud icon upon returning to the "Load Game" screen. It may take a couple of minutes for this cloud icon to appear once a save file has been made.

We can then pass your reports along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ZicoDon
    5 posts

I now have the same issue on my Xbox Series C with “The Abbot’s Gambit” mission.

Got to the bard, threw him in the water and then he just walked off and dissapeared?

tried everything.

• cleared console cache
    • reinstalled game twice!
    • exited animus
    • travelled to Norway
    • completed Vinland

nothing helped..

• SHELZ91
    1 posts

After throwing the drunk in the water he walks away endlessly and it’s not possible to progress

• Vitor_A61
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Vitor_A61
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis
    on PS4
    After not being able to talk to the bard (he just got away after I got him to the water) I was stuck, with no quest blurb and no mission to do. Knowing (!) that he would have told me to go to the Dover fortress to get a letter, I went there, killed everyone and one of the guys was carrying a letter that activated the history flow again. Clicking R3 will show the blue circles around that guy also (it worked for me...) Good luck

• jzuidhof
    1 posts

Guys my npc is gone his name is barn I think. He’s under a bridge and he’s drunk. I grew him in the water after that he started walking [censored] i follow he did not spoke and after the I lost him now I’m stuck and can continue the qeust any advice loading back is not working [censored] I started playing other quests thanx in advance

• pcartledge
    1 posts

@vitor_a61 This worked for me. Thanks.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to provide you all with a status update from the ongoing investigations into "Abbot's Gambit," as we have some new information to share:

• Unable to interact with NPCs to find the location of the Emissary
      • Comments: The development team are intending to resolve this issue in a future update. We don't yet have a definite ETA for when this update will be released. Once we have more information, it will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@ZicoDon - Thanks for sharing your report with us, as well as the steps you've tried to proceed further.

@Vitor_A61! Thanks for sharing how you were able to proceed in "Abbot's Gambit." I'm glad to hear that it's helped @pcartledge proceed further as well!

If anyone is encountering trouble proceeding in "Abbot's Gambit" due to being unable to interact with the bard, could you give this workaround a try if you haven't already? We can then let the development team know if this is successful for more players.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1165 posts

@shelz91 I can confirm that the development team are intending to resolve this issue with a future update, however we are unable to confirm when this will be. I have merged your post with this mega thread that we can created for this issue.

Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

Official Response
  • ZicoDon
    5 posts

@vitor_a61 thanks for the tip. Unfortunately didn’t work for me on Xbox. Tried it twice to be sure.

• Vitor_A61
    3 posts

@nathansmith87 Read my post bellow

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics