Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there!

@azzabeast - Thanks for sharing your report with us. I'm sorry to hear you're unable to progress in "Abbot's Gambit" after dunking the bard in the river. As mentioned in my earlier post, the development team intend to release a fix for this issue in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is to be released. As soon as we have more information about the update, we will let you all know within the forums.

@BrandonHeat24 - I'm afraid we are only able to offer player support in English within the Discussions forums. Would you be able to provide a translation of your post? Alternatively, if you'd like to receive support in Spanish, you can open a support ticket or start a live chat with a member of your regional support team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Foleykoontz
    2 posts

Chiming in to say that going straight to Dover fortress also fixed my issue right away. I might have skipped an entire quest but at least the rest of the game isn't blocked.

• Davidkarvalho
    1 posts

Hi guys! Ive found a massive glitch through my game. In the mission "found fulke and sigurd", after talk with some guys, i needed to found gowan the bard. After awake the drunk guy, he just gets up, and walks away. To persue with the mission, i need to talk to him, but like this im no able to. Now, he's gone, and i cant find him anyway. What can i do?
    Thank you!

• ZombDeth
    1 posts

Bard's gone glitched out. Tried meditation leaving Animus reloading even and no luck. Seriously have tried every suggestion and nothing not even a quest objective is showing up. Just says abbots Gambit. Pretty frustrating honestly. Someone help.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@Foleykoontz - I'm glad to hear that the workaround helped you to continue with "Abbot's Gambit!" Thanks for sharing 😄

@Davidkarvalho & @ZombDeth - I'm sorry to hear that you have both encountered trouble in "Abbot's Gambit." The development team intend to release a fix for this quest in a future update. As soon as we have a confirmed release date, we will share this information with you all within the forums.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • J3ffCh4N
    3 posts

The quest stuck after the mission " sober up the bard ", after wake the bard, the bard didn't come up with any chat and wanderer around the city. i have go through the gameplay, i know what should happens next but apparently not. Please fix this.

My case number is Case Reference #14775108

• J3ffCh4N
    3 posts

@Ubi-Borealis please look into it thanks

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @J3ffCh4N!

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering trouble in "Abbot's Gambit" when sobering up the bard. Thank you for sharing your ticket number with us as well!

The development team have announced that they intend to resolve this issue in a future update. We don't yet have an ETA for when this fix will be deployed to the game. As soon as we have more information to share regarding this update, we will let you all know within the forums.

@Vitor_A61 & @HarryJV encountered this issue in their own games, and shared workarounds that have helped a number of players proceed further with this quest. If you haven't already, you could give these a try to see if it helps you as well:

After not being able to talk to the bard (he just got away after I got him to the water) I was stuck, with no quest blurb and no mission to do. Knowing (!) that he would have told me to go to the Dover fortress to get a letter, I went there, killed everyone and one of the guys was carrying a letter that activated the history flow again. Clicking R3 will show the blue circles around that guy also (it worked for me...) Good luck

Hi everyone, I was massively stuck where the Bard would not speak to me, tried everything even uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I completed everything else in the game but kept coming back to the bard who was now on a farm, and he would not speak to me. So I did some research online and went where he tells you to go which is Dover fortress in the bottom right corner of the map and odin sighted until I found a green highlighted man in the middle of the fortress, he was raging about "kings orders" or something, killed him and completed the quest! So even though it was still telling me to speak to the bard, I skipped that and the quest completed.

Let us know if either of these workarounds help you to progress further with "Abbot's Gambit!"

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • Necrospazz
    1 posts

My game is stuck to the point of not saying anything other than the caption The Abbot's Gambit ....... there nothing but that bit. I woke the bard and then it just got stuck. 55 hours in and was/is the only game I've been playing. May have to look elsewhere if this bug ruins my game. Last manual save is more than 5 hours back...

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Necrospazz! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble interacting with the Bard in "An Abbot's Gambit." The development team are intending to deploy fixes for this quest in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is due to be released. As soon as we have more information to share, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out in these places for the most up-to-date information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • kingmark44
    1 posts

I just recently started this quest, and got to the park where I had to dunk the drunk man into the water. I walked into the water with him, he talked, then started walking around without it letting me speak to him to continue the quest. I left for a little bit to see if that would fix it, and now hes not even there at all.

Fixes I've tried:
    Going to different waypoints and coming back
    Restarting the game
    Restarting my computer
    Unpledging and repledging to cent as an ally
    Exiting the simulation and going back in

My last save was like 5 hours before so I don't want to go back to that.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @kingmark44! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble progressing further in "Abbot's Gambit." Thanks for sharing your experience with us, as well as what steps you've tried to resolve the issue.

The development team are aware of this issue, and they are planning to deploy a fix for this quest in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed release date for this update. Once we have any new information to share regarding "Abbot's Gambit," this will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum as soon as it's available.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • SLAIN_Templar
    8 posts

i have play quest the abbot's gambit done step 1 2 this bug start i find drunk bard and i sober him river near bridge he say 3 word not start tell me information he walk anywhere i don't understand (???).i hope this game add button restart mission or fix bug mission region cent because i have 2 quest play done valhalla

• qbasico
    2 posts

In addition to other bugs such as flying with eivor or flying with the ship, the bug that bothers the most in not being able to continue with the story, in the mission Abad's play (Cent), talk to basin, look for the drunk, I woke him up in the river and the npc disappeared. I already made quick trips around the map, quit the game, change the character's sex and follow the same error.

As I was not able to advance in the story I completed all the alliances available so far, but from what the game comes out too many bugs.

Because they do not allow the gameplay that we can restart the missions

PC version

• Castroviejoo
    1 posts

@qbasico

Same situation here, it's unbelievable for you to launch a product in this mediocre way on the market.

There is the simple solution to enable the mission to restart, but apparently this is asking too much.

Bugsoft being Bugsoft, always respecting its customers and the money spent on them.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy several fixes for "Abbot's Gambit" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The list of fixes include the following issues:

• Unable to interact with the Bard
    • Unable to steal the letter from the Emissary

If you are still encountering issues with "Abbot's Gambit" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • davidarkka
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis

My issue with the mission has been resolved.

Tks @Ubi-Borealis

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for reaching out to us with an update, @davidarkka! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to progress in "Abbot's Gambit." 😄

Official Response
  • qbasico
    2 posts

My issue with the mission has been resolved.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1361 posts

Hello @qbasico,

Thank you for sharing! We're pleased to hear that this issue has been resolved for you as well! Happy gaming and if you have any additional questions, please let us know 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics