Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Stryfe75
    2 posts

I have been trying to interact with people but to no avail. The only person I could interact with was the stable owner. Been trying to complete this mission since a while now.

• Burlzey
    5 posts

I am currently trying to complete the Abbot's gambit quest which is part of the instrument of the ancients questline & I have been sent to Dover fortress to look for the emissary who carries the message. Unfortunately, it appears as though the messenger has not spawned. I have searched the entire fortress multiple times while spamming odin's sight while sneaking around and then separately after raiding and killing everyone with no success using either strategies. I have tried resetting the spawn by travelling to Vinland/Norway, teleported to synchronization points then returned and completed other main story lines (tale of two jarl's all the way up to the Wincestre questline) with no success. I have also looked up a couple of Youtube videos for the specific location of the emissary but he is not at the locations within my game. As aforementioned, I definitely have no recent saves as I gave up & completed some of the other available main story missions + the Asgard story line. I have also reached the point in the alternate main quest line where I head to Wincestre & speak to King Alfred who mentioned that I have already killed Fulke...? Evidently, I have not done this as I can't complete the Abbot's gambit so that is probably a story consistency issue/bug in itself.

Thanks for the assistance though I will add that going to a previous save is not possible as I am 10+ hours past that point now.

• SundarRam
    1 posts

@blurredexistent I had the exact same issue, try reloading to no avail.

• MarlesDK
    2 posts

Stuck at Quest:
    Abbots Gambit: Talk to the bard

I woke him up by placing him in the water.
    After that he just runs into town and does whatever he wants.
    I cannot speak with him.

(It never told me to try and sober him up - simply stuck at "Talk to the bard")

Before:
    Raided the city (before starting the questline)
    Spoke directly to the guy inside the inn (who will send you in the direction of the bard) rather than the guy outside the inn.

Tried solutions:
    Saved, reload
    Change quest, change back
    Start a new raid
    Blow my horn
    Teleport away and back.
    Meditate
    Continue the mission and find the emissary (not spawned) in the dover fortress
    Restart game
    Relog ubisoft platform
    Verify game files

• MarlesDK
    2 posts

Solution:

Load from previous save
    When I get to the Inn I meditate until the people are willing to speak to me.

Instead of using flyting I chose to pay him silver for the information.

It worked.

• DUS_HASSELHOFF
    5 posts

Found bard drunk under the bridge, dropped him just at the edge of water. He woke up and walked off with no prompt to speak with him. Now he is awake in the village but no prompt to speak to him. Tried pledging to another shire then went back, fast travel, reloading old save, but nothing fixed it and i cant progress this territory. Please fix.

• WhatsADanny
    9 posts

After speaking with basim it never updated. Just says Find out where Fulke and Sigurd are. But no way point. I went to the Inn and nobody with chat bubbles will talk to me.
    Xbox Series X

• guest-k0BAU26L
    3 posts

If you chose to fight after killing soldiers the man is gone and can not proceed with game story!!!! Fix this please its 30h in game!!!

• guest-k0BAU26L
    3 posts

I have the same issue after fighting the soldiers can not proceed with game as the man is gone, tried everything. Can somebody fix this please

• guest-k0BAU26L
    3 posts

Open the door in one of the houses and talk to the man inside.

• DUS_HASSELHOFF
    5 posts

Ubisoft, Perhaps for all minor quests you could put in a reset feature to enable trying again? Or a feature to reset that Region/Territory. I know it will be a loss of time for some players (myself included) to do that content again but id rather do that than have a wall/BUG i cant progress past.

• Burlzey
    5 posts

@dus_hasselhoff 100% agreed, a reset quest feature would be a welcome addition as a workaround for the bugs that hinder quest progression until they release a patch. I'm stuck on the same quest but was able to speak to the bard, found the location of the emissary but he didn't spawn inside the search zone...

• Burlzey
    5 posts
  • Doesnormaal
    4 posts

i had the same problem, i started killing civilians at the inn untill i got desynchronized and that fixed it for me. i had an objective after that and the person i had to talk to was there

• Doesnormaal
    4 posts

@ubiexcellent i had the same problem, i started killing civilians at the inn untill i got desynchronized and that fixed it for me. i had an objective after that and the person i had to talk to was there

• Doesnormaal
    4 posts

@marlesdk i had the same problem, i started killing civilians at the inn untill i got desynchronized and that fixed it for me. i had an objective after that and the person i had to talk to was there

• WhatsADanny
    9 posts

@doesnormaal I gotta try that later when im home. Tried everything else. Go back to past saves, mediating multiple times and quiting my game out. At this point if that doesn't work I dont have an old save to go back to.

• Bdcht
    3 posts

@doesnormaal Didn't work for me sadly

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

@WhatsADanny Thank you for the report, let us know if that allows you to get around the issue.

@Doesnormaal Thank you for providing that workaround, we're glad to hear that you were able to find a way around this.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Ultimagutti
    6 posts

So after playing the rest of the campaign without a solution i went back to older save from just after the Ivor stuff.
    And Gues what.. its still bloody bugged.. This time i made a video of it..

Fix this please.

Suggested Topics