Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JJBakes87
    2 posts

Having similar issues my end. I spoke to Basim
    and now the quest simply states ‘Find Fulke and Sigurd’ (or words to that affect). I’ve tried all the troubleshooting methods listed in this thread but none have worked. I have loaded an earlier save point, meditated to the point I’ve probably passed weeks in the game and killed too many civilians to count to desynchronise - all these options simply take me back to the beginning of the issue. With over 60+ hours clocked I am not entertaining restarting the game or going back 5+ hours (all my other save points take me back to the problem), so any help that can be shed on this will be great. I cannot progress with the story on AC and I’m slowly losing the will to live trying to resolve it my end! HELP!

• Gwares
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Gwares
    2 posts

Hi, try to go back to the point where you and Basim talked to Cynebert for the first time, if Basim is still there even after the chat, save the game and then reload again, it worked for me

• ten0w
    1 posts

After conversation with abbot, quest didn't update. I played around for 2 more hours, came back - still nothing.
    Killed 4 monks to desynchronize, reloaded last save, quest item updated. Thanks for the help everyone

• JJBakes87
    2 posts

Having similar issues my end. I spoke to Basim
    and now the quest simply states ‘Find Fulke and Sigurd’ (or words to that affect). I’ve tried all the troubleshooting methods listed in this thread but none have worked. I have loaded an earlier save point, meditated to the point I’ve probably passed weeks in the game and killed too many civilians to count to desynchronise - all these options simply take me back to the beginning of the issue. With over 60+ hours clocked I am not entertaining restarting the game or going back 5+ hours (all my other save points take me back to the problem), so any help that can be shed on this will be great. I cannot progress with the story on AC and I’m slowly losing the will to live trying to resolve it my end! HELP!

• guest-Oh8iHMCF
    2 posts

For anyone who may have missed this is the ocean of suggested fixes: reload an autosave prior to this mission, and when you're sent to the inn to talk to people completely ignore the inn, do not speak to anyone there - instead go into the building next to the stable and talk to the man inside. Bribe him. You'll then be directed immediately to the Bard who you can speak to. Do not do anything else, speak to anyone else, etc. Have tested this to reliably work, whereas all other methods seem to have some chance of failure.

Also reported this in an official bug ticket to Ubisoft (and linked to this thread) and they saw fit to send me instructions about clearing various files out on Windows (had reported I'm on an xbox series x, also noted this is happening cross-platform to others). So that's how seriously they seem to be taking bug reports that break the main storyline 30-50 hours of gameplay in. Still I suggest everyone write them as detailed a bug report as possible and point them to this thread. Hopefully squeaky wheel gets the grease.

How this isn't listed as a known issue yet is remarkable but unless we all complain to get it on their radar we may not see it in the next patch.

• immarkbazikian
    5 posts

I want a refund if this is not fixed soon. You literally cannot progress through the questline without being able to talk to the bard.

• immarkbazikian
    5 posts

I want a refund if this is not fixed soon. You literally cannot progress through the questline without being able to talk to the bard.

• siemprepe1983
    2 posts

Having the same issue, not being able to talk to the bard after throwing him in the water. He just keeps walking around looking at you when you approach. None of the fixes that seemed to work for others work for me.
    i tried opening a ticket, but only live chat is available during covid measures, but that same live chat is not available. Not amused.
    I hope this gets patched soon

• HarryJV
    2 posts

RESOLUTION!! Hi everyone, I was massively stuck where the Bard would not speak to me, tried everything even uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I completed everything else in the game but kept coming back to the bard who was now on a farm, and he would not speak to me. So I did some research online and went where he tells you to go which is Dover fortress in the bottom right corner of the map and odin sighted until I found a green highlighted man in the middle of the fortress, he was raging about "kings orders" or something, killed him and completed the quest! So even though it was still telling me to speak to the bard, I skipped that and the quest completed. hope this sorts the problem! I know how much it disappointed me that it was bugged.

• HarryJV
    2 posts

RESOLUTION!! Hi everyone, I was massively stuck where the Bard would not speak to me, tried everything even uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I completed everything else in the game but kept coming back to the bard who was now on a farm, and he would not speak to me. So I did some research online and went where he tells you to go which is Dover fortress in the bottom right corner of the map and odin sighted until I found a green highlighted man in the middle of the fortress, he was raging about "kings orders" or something, killed him and completed the quest! So even though it was still telling me to speak to the bard, I skipped that and the quest completed. hope this sorts the problem! I know how much it disappointed me that it was bugged.

• siemprepe1983
    2 posts

Patch 1.0.4 resolved the issue for me.
    At first I still couldn’t interact with the bard, but the mission objective changed from talk to the bard to sober up the bard. So something changed with the patch. I then proceeded to use the desynchronisation trick end afterwards I was able to talk to him. ( I did have to shoot an arrow at him first before the speak option appeared)

• guest-ab1hU9uI
    1 posts

I am stuck in this quest as I have killed everyone in and under Dover Castle searching for the emissary to no avail. He simply does not exist. I’m assuming this is another bug within the game. Is there any way to progress without finding this emissary??

• FelipeSQ
    1 posts

i had the same problem, i started killing civilians at the inn untill i got desynchronized and that fixed it for me. i had an objective after that and the person i had to talk to was there
    I didn't even had to get desynchronized. Everyone at the Inn was sleeping, but I managed to talk to the guy in the locked room, then no one else would even have an interact close to them. I fixed it by killing one civilian that was close to the dude that is not the one in the stable, and after that everyone from the inn woke up and I could talk to ppl and moved to the next step (find and speak to the bard)

• Iolukonu
    4 posts

This update didn't fix anything for me. I've done all the suggestions and I still can't fill the progress bar when when asking about the emissary at the inn. I talked to 1 guy and it took me to half. Now when I scan i have 2 other green glowing npcs that I can not talk to at all.

• Iolukonu
    4 posts

This update didn't fix anything for me. I've done all the suggestions and I still can't fill the progress bar when when asking about the emissary at the inn. I talked to 1 guy and it took me to half. Now when I scan i have 2 other green glowing npcs that I can not talk to at all.

• PedroMysticRosa
    1 posts

Hello. Im playing in ps4. Stuck at reach tonbrige inn. No marker on the map, at the site can only interact with the horsekeeper no other options to continue the mission. How can this happen in a main story mission ?
    Also had a problem with the nudist mistery, i had no crate to interact but patch 1
    04 solved that for me.
    Thanks, hope you fix this soon.

• Iolukonu
    4 posts

I'm still stuck on the abbots gambit. I have to ask the people at the inn about the emissary but no one will talk to me. When I scan 2 NPCs glow green but I can not speak nor kill them. I've tried everything from different threads to no avail. I need to finish this game before December 10th please fix this soon.

• nedetrebor
    4 posts

@yarpyy same here, I raided it before I knew the mission took me there. Meditated few times, and still nothing. I have another mission that's bugged too, and can't finish.

• nedetrebor
    4 posts

Same. Can't do anything after talking to Basim. Now that's 2 missions I came across that's bugged

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics