Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • ACESsigepps
    20 posts

@fractal009

Played 120 hours but won't play anymore until it's working ...... lol did anyone else giggle at this statement?

• Countessa_Jay
    2 posts

Is anyone still waiting for their redeem for watching it in june. Because i never got mine. Damn site crashed.

There are alot of things im not happy about 1 is the bird, why... 2 is picking weapons 3 being spotted right away even with the cloak on, really. 4 400 leveling [censored] 5 the bosses are so much more powerful then you. 6 glitches 7 saved bugs 8 mapping you can't zoom the hell in. 9 completely quest 10 raids to upgrade your home. [censored] 11 skill world, not tree but world

I been a fan since 1 this is a downgrade. I preordered mine 8/31 got it a day after release not 5 days before. i watched the trailer in June never got my redeem codes. And your amazon prime to link to ubisoft sends out a amazon link that comes out of Japan to your email that I can't read.

• Countessa_Jay
    2 posts

@patricia81994 it's second 1st place goes to wwe

• thesarge134
    8 posts

My only complaint is that I'm still not able to interact with Reda. So I cannot finish the Viking for Hire quest or have access to the shop.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@thesarge134

Yeah I cant interact with Reda, however one of the redas worker children in another village did give me some quests so Im going to do them and see then can I get to see Redas inventory.

• forcefrank
    91 posts

@kaleygh So much do I agree with this. Why'd they feel a need to split the skills/abilities in the first place? I guess over time I'll figure out which skill tree is better for how I play but in the end it just looks like we'll be able to get them all. In Odyssey it was perfect, I could clearly see what each one of them does with instructions on invoking them. In Valhalla its a crap shoot. I still can't figure out what some of the melee ones do or how to launch them. I pull RT until my controller breaks and all that happens is "nothing". I've seen a lot of posts from players saying they don't activate, I'm in that boat as well.

The map for me is one of the worst things though. I mean seriously, did any of them play Odyssey, which IMO had the best map of all the series.The white on gray just doesn't do it, plus half the icons aren't in the legend and when you move over them there's no ID, so, why????

And can we address the screen freezing on Xbox One, maybe? I'm tired of being sent back to the dashboard or having the game just up and freeze.

Then there's the save/load/delete game, oh boy!! Again, it was perfect in Odyssey. I could fast scroll to the bottom of the saves and then just spam the "A" button to delete them when they got full. NOT IN VALHALLA though, WTH, did the devs suddenly become sadistic?? So many QOL features they changed or just plain omitted. Wow.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

My biggest disappointment is with the playtesting. I would honestly like to know IF the game was playtested at all on Very Hard. It doesn't feel like it.

Why even have a Very Hard difficulty if the game isn't meant to be played on it? Games should be designed around their most difficult setting. You can't have a game where enemies get 5+ seconds of i-frames or more in some cases, glitches across every aspect of the game (being able to be hit through walls, vacuum attacks, etc), idiotic enemy movesets (Madmen and Sleekits are the worst offenders) that either have no realistic counter or are just plain invincible if they want to be, and then give it a Very Hard setting.

The cheese method is literally: "Equip a bow". The combat is clearly built around melee and meant to be focused on as melee since 90% of the enemies have no way to fight back against a bow, only shielded enemies and Men-at-Arms are capable of blocking arrows. Bows should be a SUPPLEMENT to the combat, not a primary method of fighting where even on Very Hard you can obliterate an elite or EVEN BOSS enemy with a headshot using the double arrow skill. Mythological weapons do less damage than the bow you START THE GAME WITH if you use the double arrow skill and get a headshot.

You either are good enough to play on Very Hard or you get sick of it and use a bow. Or you are good enough to play on Very Hard but at the same time you want to use the strongest tools available to you, so you use a bow. Either way, you eventually end up using a bow because you can't be bothered to whittle down an enemy's HP with melee while having to put up with mountains of [censored] that make it not even worth the effort. Want to kill a Banneret? Let's try melee, nope infinite i-frames because of "parry stance" with a 2-handed weapon for some reason. Or you shoot him in the head with a bow and he dies in the amount of time it takes to draw the shot. Apply to any elite enemy or even Zealot.

The only enemies somewhat immune to the weapon of mass destruction known as the bow are the shielded Zealots. So, you just spam Kick of Tyr on them instead.

Nice combat design, Ubisoft.

Besides the combat: I hope I never meet a person whose idea of fun is "Animus Anomalies" because they are among the most tedious non-content activities I've ever played in a game. They take way too long and simultaneously require little to no realistic effort because "climb on [censored]" isn't a challenge or even something that require skills beyond figuring out how to manipulate the parkour controls via smoke signals or morse code or whatever it is the game accepts as correct directional inputs. You could have made them consist of holding the analog stick forward for 5 minutes straight and it would have been an equal level of "content" because that's what they amount to. It's almost as if Ubi hired people specifically based on their skill to create mind-numbing tasks for these.

• thesarge134
    8 posts

@cell1e I've done a few quests for the other children but I still can't interact with Reda...

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

So mad i want them to remove one handing twohanded swords, like how on earth can you forget one handed swords but hey here’s a two handed sword you can use with your shield 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

it’s like a child made these decisions and who ever did should be ashamed of their oversized weapon fanboy garbage they forced into the game, it’s sad really when losers like this get to shove their oversized duel wielding two handed weapon crap into games where it should never happen, holy hell im salty about that

• Fractal009
    Original poster 63 posts

@acessigepps

Same here, i stopped playing it until new update, if we are allowed to get it..

• Max18400
    400 posts

@frosthound030 silver lining, the dev team have been told about the lack of one handed swords and no historically accurate armor and they're looking to add them in hopefully

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@max18400 Well, here's to hoping that they won't be Helix Store exclusive.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@max18400 whaaaat where’d you hear this? That’s atleast a bit of good news

• Cell1e
    174 posts
    @frosthound030 silver lining, the dev team have been told about the lack of one handed swords and no historically accurate armor and they're looking to add them in hopefully

Gosh thats such great news 🤸 Im excited for more armour! Hope its not all bulky heavy stuff.

• bmhubler
    2 posts

I was so excited for this game to come out like so many of you as well. I cannot get past a main quest called Bartering. Now I am over 89 hours in and still no resolution. Just can't get past that mission and I am virtually done with ALL the side quests. NOW WHAT DO I DO??

I have tried to complete the Bartering Quest several times, but after talking with the Ragnor Sons and Sigurd by the little pond after paying off Tonna and the quest never completes. When I select the quest from the start menu it does appear on the map. I have reloaded the mission several time and have the same result. I have watched several videos on completing the mission but for some reason I do not get the "Quest Completed" Black and White banner. My character is already at 167 Power and I have over 89 hours into the gameplay and do not want to restart everything.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

• josemicg1985
    5 posts

@bmhubler I'm stuck at the first night of samhain mission. 70hours in level 280 (tons of side quests and looting). Can't advance in story. This is outrageous.

• Bob__Gnarly
    49 posts

Ubisoft has been like this for as long as I can remember. I seem to give them a chance every few years like an idiot, the last being For Honor and then hating myself for giving them money yet again for another broken product.

Releasing games in this condition is not acceptable, it should not be the norm. I'm not getting paid to beta test their games, I paid a premium price for this supposed AAA title, yet I'm wasting my limited free time to work out why my game is crashing, why my saves are getting corrupted and losing progress or Googling if I have just run into another bug/glitch preventing me from progressing further into the game.

I'm done. Thank god Cyberpunk is just around the corner.

• Flanker1Six
    39 posts

@fylkirpanzer Good post! 👍

1: Right there with ya!
    2: MEH!
    3: LOL! I use the raven all the time for what it is. A feathered drone. Put the drone up and recon the fill in the blank. It would be better with a couple of Hellfires though! 🙄
    4: Ditto!
    5: Yea! It's not like we're going to run out of civvies! 😉

• speedynl21
    79 posts

when this fake assassin interfear with a honor fight to the dead
    if any 1 would do that they prolly ban/kill him for that, but not this guy
    she even ask later if he is well, don't make sense to me

• Max18400
    400 posts

@frosthound030 there's a post about the lack of one handed swords and they posted on there about it

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics