Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• geoage095
    39 posts

@souldrinkerlp Not generic random loot,but unique loot.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@souldrinkerlp Skills when you hand in X amount of medallions, and you get a single armor piece after you get the last Order member (that's it, one piece of armor after all the Order + Zealots are dealt with), but that armor piece requires you to kill the Daughters of Lerion, so you can unlock a chest, to get the rest of the armor, in order to get a Mythical Hammer. Personally I only ever used skills I found via Books of Knowledge, and even then I didn't use them as much as I did my melee weapons.

Personally, it's a huge step backward from Odyssey's system, where typically the heads of each branch of Cultists/Order Members dropped something for your trouble, not to mention the higher Mercenaries had some unique items. In Valhalla? Not so much. I think that's where the issues come in is that people, including me, expect to be rewarded for our effort. And there just isn't enough incentive to do anything in game really. If you want armor? Go to the bright yellow dot and hope you get armor and not a weapon. That's it. Typically in an open world RPG you want a loot system which is rewarding. Valhalla's loot system isn't rewarding, at all.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@fylkirpanzer I personally don't use many skills either as I like the melee system without using these skills more. I just wanted to point out there was another reward than mentioned. 🙂

@Max18400 Odyssey had a lot of armour, yea. Most of it didn't fit in the time period at all. Most weapons neither.
    Valhalla has more of a history/fantasy mix which fits together. All armors and weapons feel like they could've come from the same time period (with the exception of Excalibur and the Swordfish). If we go full accuracy most weapons in the game are more dated for 1000-1200 AD, not 873 AD. It's not as bad as Odyssey where there were weapons clearly dating all the way to 1600-1700AD in 430BCE.

The problem with a lot of loot always is that they have to reduce historical accuracy. Something many people criticizing Odyssey for their loot also mention. The loot feels out of place and time. I feel Valhalla did a way greater job here. Maybe they can invent some believable weapons and armors. I dunno.

Edit: Historically people used mainly weapons which worked and then produced them in masses to equip armies with them. So there aren't that many weapons and armors historically. And we are always playing in a very narrow time period with AC games. So maybe they could look for weapons and armors from 700AD - 1100AD and invent some mixes and "oddities" which could fit in the time period. Or like you said "import" weapons through the assassins to England.

Edit 2: Of course some weapons are far too big. It's weird how they scale these weapons. I mainly play with 2 axes so it's okay for me.

• Max18400
    402 posts

I mean you are right. But they have missed out on a lot of historical weapon skins armor in the game. Perfect example is no one handed swords. Like there are such beautiful example of viking era swords, such as the Abingdon Sword which could have been a reward. Even some axe skins/styles that are historically accurate they could've used. They can still add a lot of variety and still be historically accurate. Armours as well for example, they could have more leather based armour, scale armour (was very rare but still used) , laminar armour (more Eastern viking/Rus but still could've used it) and of course chain mail. So I do get what your saying with there being a more fantasy element to it, as some people like that stuff, but don't leave out all the absolutely gorgeous historical examples they could have and should have used.

• Max18400
    402 posts

I'm certainly not saying go back to odyssey's loot system as it was a slog and cluttered, I'm saying just add a few more weapons and rebalance other aspects. Such as having more weapons (one handed swords are a big thing for me as they were historically important and the weapon I've literally used in every single assassin creed game) and some more armor types/styles. I love the aspect of upgrading one weapon and sticking with it. But they need a bit more variety in the game.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@max18400

Oh yes Max, I completely agree, especially about the armour, Im so frustrated that most of the armours are so huge and bulky, even the huntsman armour is really bulky on the waist and thighs, not appropriate for sneaky builds at all, but better than others mostly.

If you are playing as female Eivor and doing a little role-playing/dressing up its feels so frustrating only having those heavy bulky manly armours to choose from. In Norway that's fine cause Eivor was a warrior there but in England my Eivor learns more how to be an assasin, she finds it a great way to solve crimes and help others and she really needs to be able to use some of the lovely streamlined amours the saxons are running around in. She cant move sneakily in bulky heavy armours.

Odyssy gave us that choice in armours, to be able to roleplay our characters however we wanted, I do conceed there were many many armours which I personally loved and I wouldnt have minded them cutting back a little...but what we have now...it takes the the RP out of RPG for me. 😞

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@max18400 Arent the Saxons using one handed swords in the game? 🙂 That's basically the thing which is sad in that regard. The weapons are there but just not obtainable by any means.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@souldrinkerlp also, Oddysey did have ALOT of historically accurate gear on it, such as the Kopis, xiphos variants of sword, various types of linthorax armour, bronze cuiresses leather chest plates which would have been used. They balenced out the fantasy with historical gear so you could have the option to how you wanna equip yourself

• Max18400
    402 posts

@souldrinkerlp they are, and they're using equipment we can't use. It's frustrating as every single piece of armour and weapon you can get yourself in Oddysey

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@max18400 It is somewhat realistic tho that you won't loot the battle torn equipment of these enemies but they should have replacement gear laying around somewhere in their camps for you to loot.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@souldrinkerlp no, most weapons and armor would be looted from corpses after a battle. Its why battle sites are archaeologically really difficult to locate.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@souldrinkerlp overall it is frustrating as they need to have a balence of historical and fantasy gear, which Oddysey had (just need to be reduced the volume of stuff) . Like some stuff I get omitting, but what they've done in vahalla doesn't work, in my opinion anyway

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@max18400 Wouldnt the broken stuff get basically "recycled"? You can resmelt and refold iron. Of course it is harder to actually obtain iron from ore than smelting iron again.

• Max18400
    402 posts

@souldrinkerlp sometimes yeah, but if it was a good sword, piece if armor, it would be used.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@max18400 Of course if a sword wasn't damaged and had a good quality and just needed some sharpening you would take it. Would be silly to resmelt it then 🙂

• Max18400
    402 posts

@souldrinkerlp exactly. But we're getting away from the main issue which is the game needs a lot of work and is unfinished. It has the foundations to be great

• longjohn119
    546 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Fractal009
    Original poster 63 posts

@max18400

You are so right, the subject is not 1h swords (wich is a big issue for me aswell since i played every AC games with it !!!)

No, no, brothers and sisters, the subject here is to express how and why you feel bad with this release, and its updates...

• Fractal009
    Original poster 63 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DarthVeyda
    4 posts

Same thing with me. I can't complete Raider Recruit, The Hunt for Honor, Comb of Champions, and A New England.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics