Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MissMagicka
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi. So... I can’t seem to get this quest to reset (first time I tried it I was exploring and the dude killed me). Now when I try to go back to redo it - the quest giver guy you follow to the rocks is just standing there. I cannot interact with him and enemies will not spawn. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Please help. Thank you.

Also, can you only kill the elk once? It’s stuck frozen on my game and I can walk through it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3664 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As we have had no further reports of this issue persisting in-game following the release of TU 1.2.2, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble with "A Desperate Bounty," please don't hesitate to open up a new thread so we can take a closer look. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. Any images or videos that demonstrate the issue in-game are also helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • n1rvanoa
    6 posts

Was different for me. (on pc)

Quest giver (Hrorek) was not there. I only found the note pinned to a tree, referring to the event.

After some exploring, I found Hrorek just standing north of the event icon.
    Talked to him, some dialogue, event ended....

Apparently, this one is seriously bugged.

• n1rvanoa
    6 posts
    Also, can you only kill the elk once? It’s stuck frozen on my game and I can walk through it.

I believe it is meant to be killed only once.

And the animals, yeah... I can walk thru each and every one of them...

• SC0TTYTOOHOTTY
    1 posts

So I found Hrorek near the note that was pinned to the tree, he asked me to follow him to help out the Jarl, I kindly obliged and followed him to the ambush site. A fight broke out and poor Hrorek was sadly killed in the crossfire. I kill the remaining ambushers but cannot proceed any further with the world event because as I understand it, to complete it, I have to talk to Hrorek after the battle. I have tried rebooting the game and tried loading up England and then back to Norway but whatever I do, he remains dead. I carried his corpse back to where the note was pinned to the tree as a last ditch effort, but he's still there, rotting away in the snow. Any advice from anyone? Cheers. I am playing on Xbox Series X if that's any help.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 704 posts

Hey there! Ah man, the fact that you carried him back hit different 😞

I can forward this to the developers, however the only workaround at the moment would be to reload a save from before he died.

Official Response
  • The4ReverDark
    3 posts

@sc0ttytoohotty I can't even get Hrorek to show up and I'm playing on the Xbox One X

• The4ReverDark
    3 posts

I can't even start the A Desperate Bounty quest because Hrorek doesn't show up for me at all

• udd99
    3 posts

I alsoe accidently killed him and now I cant finish it..... really sad

• n1rvanoa
    6 posts

@the4reverdark

After some exploring, I found Hrorek just standing north of the event icon.
    Talked to him, some dialogue, event ended....

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 420 posts

Hey folks,

This issue has been flagged and the team are looking into it further.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • XboX.FPF
    22 posts

Same here,

Finished the game for 99.99 percent.. but am not able to finish this one.. While playing I experienced soo many bugs and glitches.. please fix the game !

• XboX.FPF
    22 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • XboX.FPF
    22 posts

AFTER UPDATE: NOT FIXED

When I approach the A desperate Bounty, I see the guy dead in the snow with his horse next to it..
    I can still not finish this quest

• XboX.FPF
    22 posts

@Ubi-Spud After Update: guy and horse are back, but he is dead... Also at the location of the JArl kidnapping new enemies have appeared but nothing happens there either....

undefined

• XboX.FPF
    22 posts

@Ubi-Swaggins After update 26 nov : Hrorek is back, but dead..Still not able to finish this mysterie quest...

• beluga25
    18 posts

For the folks like me who couldn't complete this cause they got killed and the guy
    didn't ever respawn, I decided to re-try it again after the patch--absolutely didn't expect it
    to be fixed with so many other things that weren't--but I went to the location and there he
    was and had no problem completing the World Event. Co-incidence or miracle, don't know,
    but it worked for me, lol, so maybe worth checking out if you still care about it.

• XboX.FPF
    22 posts

@beluga25 My guy Hrorek is stil dead, update didnt fixed it for me

• beluga25
    18 posts

@xbox-fpf

aww, man.......

• XboX.FPF
    22 posts

@beluga25 what console are you playing?

• beluga25
    18 posts

@xbox-fpf

oh, sorry, didn't mention, thought it was problem across all platforms.
    using pc with xbox controller.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics