Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • skaleivor
    9 posts

I could not find this in the issue threads, so I'm opening this thread.

Since yesterday, when I accept 2 quests from Reda, only 1 appears in the quest log. The 2nd quest just disappears and there is no possibility to complete it

• Lysvander
    41 posts

This seems to be a recurring thing. I had the same problem, ... a long time ago though.

A fix i found to be working 100% at the time was to take them one a time from one of his associates (Found Lunden to be the easiest, since you just have to FT and jump down, like you land right in front of him.)
    Grab one, complete, come back, do the other. And to be honest, i never accepted any contracts again from Reda after that (except the weekly).
    Had no issue with disappearing contracts ever again.

Mind you, not everybody had success with that, but never hurts to try i guess.

• skaleivor
    9 posts

@lysvander Thank you, this workaround was helpful πŸ‘πŸΌ

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 184 posts

@skaleivor Hey there! Sorry to hear you've been experiencing this, but glad to hear the workaround has helped. Can you let me know which quest(s) seem to disappear?

@Lysvander Thank you for providing that great workaround!

Official Response
  • Father-Jack
    11 posts

For me, Reda does give 2 quests. However, when you exit from Reda, there is only 1 quest available in the Quest list (today it was killing the wolf NE of Ravensthorpe), the other is The Duke of Burgundy, but it doesn't show up in the Quest list. If I quit and restart ACV, the quest is available from Reda again. But same problem still, accept the quest, exit Reda, it doesn't show in the Quest list.

• Father-Jack
    11 posts
    A fix i found to be working 100% at the time was to take them one a time from one of his associates (Found Lunden to be the easiest, since you just have to FT and jump down, like you land right in front of him.)

Thanks, that worked, eventually. I fast travelled to Lunden, spoke to the kid, but he had no quest to give. I quick-saved, quit to the Title Screen, continued, and now the kid was gone! A second later, the quest title appeared at the top of the screen, as it usually does when you accept one. This time it did appear in the Quest list and I was able to complete it. Thanks @Lysvander for the tip.

• Kormac67
    508 posts

@father-jack Best way is to take first quest from Reda (and check the shop), fulfill it, then take second quest from one of his followers.
    I always take the one in Lincoln harbor and grab some titanium while I'm there.

• Kennyannydenny
    93 posts

I never had this problem before, only since the latest patch. I usually just take both memories from Reda and it says multiple new quests accepted. It did that too this time, but only one appeared in my questlog. I went and completed that one, came back later to Reda and suddenly the second was again available from him. Accepted the second again, but it still didn't appear in the questlog.

Yesterday I accepted both from Reda again, but this time, after accepting the first, I first let him say everything he has to say before accepting the second. Then accepted the second, and it worked like a charm. So I thought it had to do with quickly clicking on both right after one another.

• Kennyannydenny
    93 posts

Well that did not work. @UbiKoreanBBQ I've accepted all three quests (both dailies and the weekly) just now, patiently waiting for Reda to say his thoughts on the missions, and when I backed out of the conversation with Reda only two were there.

I got "Reported Missing" and "The Jomsviking Code" but not "Booty Hunter". I've done Booty Hunter in the past so I know it's not tied to that specific mission. There seems to be something weird going on with Reda since the last patch.

I noticed Reda didn't say anythinig when I accepted The Jomsviking Code, nor did I get a popup with "mission accepted". When I accepted both the dailies he said something and I got a popup for both. Even got the "mission accepted" popup for Booty Hunter, which is actually not there in the questlog.

• Kormac67
    508 posts

@kormac67 Now today I took one quest from Reda like always - and it vanished right away.
    This is getting silly.
    Got it back after restarting the full game.
    Guess it will be all Lincoln Guy from now on.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hey everyone! I'm incredibly sorry that you all are still only seeing the one daily quest in your quest log after accepting two from Reda. In order to bring this up to our teams to be looked into, please provide any video links you have that further depict this error.

Official Response
  • Kennyannydenny
    93 posts

@ubiexcellent I'll try to recreate it. Sometimes it triggers, somtimes it doesn't. I only ever had the problem with Reda though, not the other children. The one that bugged out on me with Reda yesterday, when I went to the child in Lincoln I was able to accept "The Thieving Couple" just fine. Weird as Reda was offering "Booty Hunter" and "Reported Missing". Or does that differ per thousand eyes member?

• lemmie88
    85 posts

@ubiexcellent Here is a video that shows me accepting a quest "Contract: The Stolen Purse" from Reda, getting a "Quest log updated" popup, and then not having it in my quest log.

• UbiExcellent

@kennyannydenny Okay, sounds good. Thank you kindly!

@lemmie88 Many thanks for uploading this YouTube link here. I've sent this over to our investigating teams to be checked on further. I'll provide updates as soon as I hear back. 😊

Official Response
  • VegasHeart
    28 posts

I described how to fix that here https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/91060/pc-bug-reda-s-daily-contracts-keep-disappearing dont want to duplicate myself again,cuz u guys created same thread πŸ™‚ If thats worked let me know.Can only say that its always works for me,so i dont have any troubles with Redas missions.

• sgoudie71
    3 posts

The Reda quest giver is broken since the release so i have no idea why you guys not fix that also the online photo mode is broken too i get eveytime a error said online service is not avaiable so plz fix how i can buy some stuff when you guys cheap to give us just 5 opal for a day and i can't even get them because the quest are not showing up

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 465 posts

@sgoudie71 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Reda's quests and the photo mode.

For the issue with Reda's quests does this happen every time? Could you please provide a video to show this.

With regards to the photo mode error, could you please go through the connectivity troubleshooting steps in the support article then try again.

Official Response
  • Kennyannydenny
    93 posts

@ubiexcellent

Here's a video of just now:

I was able to accept everything just fine yesterday but today I only got two of the three again, the one about killing a poet did not show up in the quest log.

• UbiExcellent

@vegasheart I appreciate you sharing this forum thread here, along with your workaround for this missing quest issue. I've shared these with the teams that are investigating this issue in hopes it helps them locate a solution for this on their end.

@Kennyannydenny Many thanks for including this video footage! Similar to what I mentioned above, I'll make sure this gets over to the appropriate teams, so it can be reviewed further.

Official Response
  • ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 252 posts

Hey folks, our team is currently looking over this issue with contracts picked up from Reda. To help with the team's investigation, please ensure that your latest save has been added to the Cloud. This will allow the team to use your save files for investigations. Please also list the contracts you have been receiving issues with after accepting them. In the meantime, thank you so much for bearing with us while we work to resolve this issue.

Official Response

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics