Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• azullFR
    Original poster 1040 posts

Hi all !
    Since the 25 march when taking the 2 REDA daily quest only one is OK
    The second one vanishes (not on map, not on quests menu)

PS4 pro up-to-date
    AC-Valhalla : march 25 = Patch 1.2.0
    AC-Valhalla : march 26 = Patch 1.2.0.1

Tested :
    Account A

1. Taking both quest together
    2. When the first is done reloading the save made just after finishing this 1rst quest
    3. When the first is done reloading the save made before talking to Reda = Several hours sooner
    4. Shut down the PS4, No power cord during 15 minutes
    5. Took the 2nd quest
    6. it vanished while speaking with REDA !!!!! (= No option pop-up to accept the quest, and nothing else after)

Account B

1. Taking ONE quest
    2. When the first is done saving and shut down PS4
    3. Restarted PS4
    4. Took the 2nd quest
    5. it vanished while speaking with REDA !!!!! (= No option pop-up to accept the quest, and nothing else after)

The thing to notice is that on both account I did this :

1. Started PS4
    2. Lauched AC-Valhalla
    3. Openned the UbisoftConnect BEFORE any other action
    4. Account A : Loaded my save // Account B : Shutted down he PS4 before restarting and loading a save
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kormac67
    657 posts

I have had this in the past. It worked fine the last weeks, then it bugged again yesterday. Restarting the game allowed me getting the second quest from Reda.

I have fallen back to my old routine now:

• get first quest from Reda (and check shop)
    • fulfill it
    • get second quest from guy in Lincoln harbor
    • make Lincoln titanium run while we're here (unrelated)
    • fulfill second quest

If you get the "free person" quest in Lincoln you also get the Nottingham forest camp most of the time which I like better than the ones from Reda, more arrows to pick.

• azullFR

@kormac67
    Great thanks for your tip ! 👍 👍 👍

Today on my second account I'm gona try this : taking the 2nd quest from another guy, but not from REDA
    Have a nice day !
    🙂

• azullFR

@kormac67
    GREAT GREAT THANKS to you !!! it worked like a charm !!! 👍👍👍
    Took 1rst contract at REDA
    then once finished, went to another guy, took the second contract and everything is now done and ok !!!

Have a great and nice day 🙂

• skaleivor
    9 posts

I could not find this in the issue threads, so I'm opening this thread.

Since yesterday, when I accept 2 quests from Reda, only 1 appears in the quest log. The 2nd quest just disappears and there is no possibility to complete it

• Lysvander
    63 posts

This seems to be a recurring thing. I had the same problem, ... a long time ago though.

A fix i found to be working 100% at the time was to take them one a time from one of his associates (Found Lunden to be the easiest, since you just have to FT and jump down, like you land right in front of him.)
    Grab one, complete, come back, do the other. And to be honest, i never accepted any contracts again from Reda after that (except the weekly).
    Had no issue with disappearing contracts ever again.

Mind you, not everybody had success with that, but never hurts to try i guess.

• skaleivor
    9 posts

@lysvander Thank you, this workaround was helpful 👍🏼

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 334 posts

@skaleivor Hey there! Sorry to hear you've been experiencing this, but glad to hear the workaround has helped. Can you let me know which quest(s) seem to disappear?

@Lysvander Thank you for providing that great workaround!

Official Response
  • Father-Jack
    27 posts

For me, Reda does give 2 quests. However, when you exit from Reda, there is only 1 quest available in the Quest list (today it was killing the wolf NE of Ravensthorpe), the other is The Duke of Burgundy, but it doesn't show up in the Quest list. If I quit and restart ACV, the quest is available from Reda again. But same problem still, accept the quest, exit Reda, it doesn't show in the Quest list.

• Father-Jack
    27 posts
    A fix i found to be working 100% at the time was to take them one a time from one of his associates (Found Lunden to be the easiest, since you just have to FT and jump down, like you land right in front of him.)

Thanks, that worked, eventually. I fast travelled to Lunden, spoke to the kid, but he had no quest to give. I quick-saved, quit to the Title Screen, continued, and now the kid was gone! A second later, the quest title appeared at the top of the screen, as it usually does when you accept one. This time it did appear in the Quest list and I was able to complete it. Thanks @Lysvander for the tip.

• Kormac67
    657 posts

@father-jack Best way is to take first quest from Reda (and check the shop), fulfill it, then take second quest from one of his followers.
    I always take the one in Lincoln harbor and grab some titanium while I'm there.

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

I never had this problem before, only since the latest patch. I usually just take both memories from Reda and it says multiple new quests accepted. It did that too this time, but only one appeared in my questlog. I went and completed that one, came back later to Reda and suddenly the second was again available from him. Accepted the second again, but it still didn't appear in the questlog.

Yesterday I accepted both from Reda again, but this time, after accepting the first, I first let him say everything he has to say before accepting the second. Then accepted the second, and it worked like a charm. So I thought it had to do with quickly clicking on both right after one another.

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

Well that did not work. @UbiKoreanBBQ I've accepted all three quests (both dailies and the weekly) just now, patiently waiting for Reda to say his thoughts on the missions, and when I backed out of the conversation with Reda only two were there.

I got "Reported Missing" and "The Jomsviking Code" but not "Booty Hunter". I've done Booty Hunter in the past so I know it's not tied to that specific mission. There seems to be something weird going on with Reda since the last patch.

I noticed Reda didn't say anythinig when I accepted The Jomsviking Code, nor did I get a popup with "mission accepted". When I accepted both the dailies he said something and I got a popup for both. Even got the "mission accepted" popup for Booty Hunter, which is actually not there in the questlog.

• Kormac67
    657 posts

@kormac67 Now today I took one quest from Reda like always - and it vanished right away.
    This is getting silly.
    Got it back after restarting the full game.
    Guess it will be all Lincoln Guy from now on.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Hey everyone! I'm incredibly sorry that you all are still only seeing the one daily quest in your quest log after accepting two from Reda. In order to bring this up to our teams to be looked into, please provide any video links you have that further depict this error.

Official Response
  • Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

@ubiexcellent I'll try to recreate it. Sometimes it triggers, somtimes it doesn't. I only ever had the problem with Reda though, not the other children. The one that bugged out on me with Reda yesterday, when I went to the child in Lincoln I was able to accept "The Thieving Couple" just fine. Weird as Reda was offering "Booty Hunter" and "Reported Missing". Or does that differ per thousand eyes member?

• lemmie88
    184 posts

@ubiexcellent Here is a video that shows me accepting a quest "Contract: The Stolen Purse" from Reda, getting a "Quest log updated" popup, and then not having it in my quest log.

• Shatteredciv
    1 posts
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for reporting these issues with Reda's shop missing items in his daily (and/or weekly) rotation. We're aware that items are missing today (11th February 2021) and this is being looked into, however I am unsure how quickly this issue may be addressed. I'll update the thread as soon as I am able to do so with further information.

I'll pass the link to this thread onto the developers for them to consult. Thanks! 🙂

Only one mission is being shown even when both are accepted. Sometimes after reloading the second reappears, but doesn't actually show under Quests when accepted. The only reason I log into the game daily is to get these opals. Hope this is fixed soon. I'll move on to another game shortly if it isnt.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@kennyannydenny Okay, sounds good. Thank you kindly!

@lemmie88 Many thanks for uploading this YouTube link here. I've sent this over to our investigating teams to be checked on further. I'll provide updates as soon as I hear back. 😊

Official Response
  • VegasHeart
    39 posts

I described how to fix that here https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/91060/pc-bug-reda-s-daily-contracts-keep-disappearing dont want to duplicate myself again,cuz u guys created same thread 🙂 If thats worked let me know.Can only say that its always works for me,so i dont have any troubles with Redas missions.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics