ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Argathin
    Original poster 3 posts

I get FPS drops when playing with a bluetooth Xbox One controller. Any wired peripherals work fine, without any performance issues, but after using bluetooth for a while (usually 30 minutes, sometimes less) my FPS starts fluctuating. This stops the moment I start using my keyboard, and goes away on its own after a few seconds/minutes, before coming back every now and then.

The only way to fix it for now is disabling controller vibration, but I like using it in games when available.

I haven't had this problem with Origins or Odyssey, and after taking a look online, it seems this has been persisting ever since launch. If anyone else knows any other way to solve this I'd be hella happy to hear it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiExcellent
    756 posts

@argathin Hey there, and many thanks for reporting these FPS drops you experience after about 30 minutes or so of playtime while using a bluetooth Xbox One controller on your PC. Can you grab a short video showing this happening by chance, then attach it to this thread as a YouTube link? If so, that would be extremely helpful for our teams to review further.

• Argathin
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubiexcellent I've gone ahead and recorded a short video with the RTSS overlay enabled, in order to see the fps drops better (Geforce Experience seems to have introduced some more stutter, even though it wasn't there while actually recording).

It's just me going up and down a hill twice. You can see the spikes when going up the first time (frametime goes from the usual 16ms to 20ms). The second time it's all smooth.

The fps drops themselves can range from 2-3 fps to 20 fps, and it doesn't matter in which area I am. It's also not my hardware causing it (at least not my PC components) because, as I've said, plugging everything in with a cable or disabling vibration gets rid of all these problems.

Hope this stuff is useful 🙂

• UbiExcellent
    756 posts

@argathin Thank you so much! This video clip will be very helpful. 😊 However, I'm afraid I'm not able to view it currently, since the link is set to private. Would you be able to change that for us? My apologies for the trouble caused!

• Argathin
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubiexcellent Oh, my bad. It should work now. I can also upload the video on mega or something like that, because youtube compressed it to heck and back.

• UbiExcellent
    756 posts

@argathin No worries at all! This clip is perfect, thanks so much! I've brought this up with the development team and will let you know what they say as quickly as I'm able to. 😊

Suggested Topics