Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    Original poster 702 posts

Not a good sign when your game loses it's two main players, one before release and one after release ......

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TORFINR
    370 posts

@longjohn119 If I'd were japanese a century or two earlier, I'd have commited seppuku after releasing Valhalla

• longjohn119

@torfinr I don't blame Darby .... Management at Ubisoft has been broken for years ..... He probably couldn't stomach the direction the series is going in and I don't mean the narrative but the underhanded way they are trying to push micro-transactions in the game now ...... 50 silver per piece to transmog and then 50 more to change it back if you don't like it is an obvious ploy to sell microtransactions for silver in the store ...... Half the armor sets for the game you have to pay for now and the only extra free in-game armor was just a shoddy reskin

But people keep on playing it anyway ..... I've played under 2 hours since November 10 and that was just to test updates ..... I didn't even bother to test the last two because I didn't want to waste the space on my SSD by redownloading it again ..... As long as Player Engagement remains high nothing will change ......

• longjohn119

@longjohn119 It just dawned on me ..... Jade Raymond is starting a new studio in Montreal and Sony Interactive just made an investment in it for a new Playstation IP ..... I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him turn up there ..... That could be interesting

• AnimusLover
    105 posts

@longjohn119 To be fair you can't really judge Valhalla on 2 hours alone. That said, as someone who put way more time in it than she should have, I don't blame you.

It's sad to see Darby go as he was the last glue holding whatever was left of the lore together. I didn't like Valhalla or the story concept but it would have undoubtedly been worse if he hadn't wrote it and the story was the only thing I really liked about AC Revelations.

• Karloz1995
    268 posts

@longjohn119 this is the last AC game i buy, ubisoft has go very down.... seriously

• AlphaGoose46219
    158 posts

@longjohn119 Played 532 hrs! This not my last AC (have 6) game but my last UBIsoft game ever!
    Why 532 hrs? First run from the start of the game on my old xbox, barley no achievements popped, loads of glitches, bug in asgart (defensive wall) stopped the game complete!
    2e New XBOXSX, after 53hrs brewing storm game breaking bug! reported from 17 Nov, still no fix.
    Replayed game from start and was lucky this time.
    Had less small bugs and glitches on my SX, finished the main stories killed all order members etc... but didn't like:
    No RPG game, (choices chance nothing 0,0 effect etc...) don't give a damn about Sigurds opinion.
    Didn't like the whole ISU way the story goes, ISU claims all the legends, religion (gods) the staff of eden goes to far, i bet Eivor will turn to live and replace Basil.
    Wow what a story!
    RPG abused, AC screwed, 10 year old graphics, besides Eivor characters are from xbox360 generation, adio is a mess, no Viking feeling at all, support is complete missing! But they are aware of everything rest assured!

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@alphagoose46219 Was wondering where did that come from

• longjohn119

@animuslover I can judge that it's too damned buggy to be worth wasting my time on ...... I can judge it based on the fact that after 4 months the Aim Assist is still broken compared to Origins and Odyssey ..... I played it for about 20 hours before I put it down, the other 2 hours were just testing patches too see what was fixed and if you actually read what I said slowly I wouldn't have to repeat that I did everything available in Norway except fight the one drauger because I figured I'd be able to go back after the aim assist was fixed but I have little faith that is ever going to happen

In the meantime I'm going back to a new build of Skyrim to play as a male character this time with several new DLC sized mods (Two with entirely new maps) and am currently in the middle of taking the female character from my last playthrough and turning her into a custom follower which I may post on Nexus Mods if I can get all the permissions from the authors of the armor and weapons Mods I'm using for her .....

• AnimusLover
    105 posts

@longjohn119 Uh, go back and re-read the post I was responding to. Anyone would think you only played it for 2 hours. I do not read every single post you make so if you've mentioned putting more time in elsewhere then I may have missed or forgotten about it. As I've already said, I don't blame you for putting the game down. No one should have to fight with the game itself to be able to enjoy it. It is definitely the most buggy AC by far.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics