Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • azullFR
    Original poster 487 posts

@ubikoreanbbq
    Thank you for your response ! ๐Ÿ™‚

But I think (I may be wrong) you didn't fully understood the problem :

What platform are you on?

ALL platforms are affected = The RUNES EQUIP LIST caps at 100 for all, this is a game design, not a bug.

How many Armor Runes and Weapon Runes are in your inventory?

The problem starts at 101 runes

Which runes you're unable to equip due to this issue, and a screenshot or video showing that you own those particular runes.

The last ones we get from vendor or by loot, whatever the rune is, it's number cap problem. Or it's a new kind of bug..., it's possible.

If you are on Playstation or PC, please create a case on the Support Portal and submit your Save Files.

With great pleasure I will (on tuesday), can I send two save files ?
    This question because :
    Account A : 1 game with a pletoric list of runes (TOTAL=480)
    Account B : 1 game with a more specific amount of runes :

• 10 DIAMOND ARMOR Runes far under the 100 cap = No problem at this number (But in time there will, the game offers at this moment more or less 100 Different Diamond Runes.....)
    • 46 DIAMOND WEAPON Runes = No problem at this number
    • 114 ROUND WEAPON Runes = Impossible to equip last owned runes :

In the save I will send Eivor will stand in a shop ready to buy 2 WEAPON ROUND Runes = the team in charge will just have to try to equip these exact two ones and send a video of the full process :+))

• 100 ROUND ARMOR Runes = ALL are usable : same as above :

In the save I will send Eivor will stand in a shop ready to buy 2 ARMOR ROUND Runes = the team in charge will just have to try to equip these exact two ones and send a video of the full process (this one will be far, far easier) :+))

To notice : as said in olders posts there are 3 kinds of Runes lists :

1. Runes Inventory List = at the moment no cap found
    2. Runes Selling List (when you want to sell your rune to the shop) = 300 or 400 Cap (I don't remember, I will verify tomorrow)
    3. RUNES EQUIP LIST = 100 capped

And most important of all :
    don't think I'm angry or something like that (approximative english, sorry) about you, the problem is that I'm 99,9 % Ubi company knows this problem from before launching the game (purely mathematical logic : explained in an older post here) and decided to not to communicate at all about this... until now ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

[ PS4 pro and AC-Valhalla : fully-up-to-date ]

• azullFR

@ubikoreanbbq

Oops ! I've forgotten a word !

to be read :

the problem is that I'm 99,9 % sure Ubi company knows this problem from before launching the game (purely mathematical logic : explained in an older post here) and decided to not to communicate at all about this... until now ๐Ÿ™‚

And a precision, when I say :

The problem starts at 101 runes

I'm talking about 101 runes of same type, example : 101 ROUND WEAPON Runes
    there is 4 Runes types =

1. ROUND WEAPON Runes
    2. ROUND ARMOR Runes
    3. DIAMOND WEAPON Runes
    4. DIAMOND ARMOR Runes

Thanks to you for responding to this topic ๐Ÿ™‚

• azullFR

@ubikoreanbbq
    Help needed, I can't open a Ticket...
    French Tickets closed + French Chat closed = French Support Closed !
    And I've got no other choice than french (closed) support....

Please ๐Ÿ™‚

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    53 posts

this is not a bug men, although i didn't read the post, but from my experience, if there was , in ur case, limited amount, like 100, u have a gear that have a mod already, what u want to is to ummod current and replace the ones u want, but it reach,100, so the process( any games) u are doing unmod this mod, so the stack will be over 100 , 100 original + 1 that u unmod = 101, it's why can'
    t mod from above action, the only way is to take a emtpy gear to mod one item, making the stack down from 100 to 99.

any game work like that, u can't replace one by one when ur stack reached the limited amount. it is not a bug, the system is working like that , any game, not just AC series

• azullFR

@vm4m9tz4pb
    I know it's not a bug : as I said before : it's what I call a "Game-Design" problem.
    This means that you have to change your runes Every Time you change your armor same for your weapons ... never seen that at this point in any game...

• azullFR

@ubikoreanbbq
    Case sent with a save file : Nยฐ 14480769
    (French support, I had no other choice)
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• FencerJEC
    6 posts

@azullfr

I have the same issue. At the moment, I have been accumulating runes (>500) and the newer ones are those that I am unable to use. There is a cap at 100 for each of these categories. I guess you need to reduce their number by selling the lower quality runes (i.e.: minor ... or regular ...) while only keeping the high value runes.

• azullFR

@fencerjec
    you are right :

The "Runes Equip List" = 100 MAX

"Round Armor Runes Variety" = 17 (Heath, Armor, Weight, Etc...)
    100/17 = 5.88
    You can keep 5 of each Variety

"Round Weapon Runes Variety" = 19 (Attack, Etc...)
    100/19 = 5.26
    You can keep 5 of each Variety

"DIAMOND Weapon Runes Variety" = 60 (I only listed 60 at this moment, I suspect there is even more in the game at this time and that more are coming)
    100/60 = 1.66
    You can keep just 2 of some of them

But beware Here :
    with only this 3 lists at 100 Runes we are are at the 300 Runes Cap of the selling list....
    If you add the Diamond Armor Runes there,we will still have some struggles for selling Runes...

• azullFR

Some news :

I've sent a ticket to french support some days ago.

Response from today :

UBI : The game team is now investigating the bug

Me : Glad they are investigating but (reminder) It's not a bug... the problem is how the game has been made

UBI : ..... look at the forums Announcements

See UBI in ...... 118 days ? ๐Ÿคก

• Sivvvv
    1 posts

@azullfr So that's what's happening! Whenever I buy or find new armor runes I'm unable to equip them. Didn't know there was a limit. That's so annoying!

• azullFR

@sivvvv
    I agree ๐Ÿ™‚

• needtocontrol
    1 posts

Hi all,

I've been having problems with this too, but I've been working around it, mostly.

Once you get a new rune that you can't see, find the same rune already socketed in another piece of equipment and equip that.

Hit start to go back to the game then again to go back to the inventory. Find the equipment you took the rune from (or another I think) and search the list again, the new rune should now appear. It doesn't always work and may have something to do with the limits on individual runes but I've been doing that a lot ever since I realised they weren't appearing, so that doesn't quite make sense that only happens once you get to the limit.

I had been selling lower ones but as far as I can see there's no way of unsocketing the runes, while you can't sell ones that are socketed, so maybe doing the above to replace a lower one will make it available to sell.

Mr Ubi, please don't close this because there's a (partial) workaround ๐Ÿ™‚

btw, I'm on PC

So long, and thanks for all the (new) fish!

• azullFR

@needtocontrol

Thanks to you for your infos ๐Ÿ™‚

To unsocket the runes I use 2 ways :

1. I the Rune i want to unsocket in the list and click "unsocket" * (* i don't know the english name, in frech it appears as "dรฉsemboiter") It can be looong to find the one i want.... (time wasting, some people at gaming industry calls that "players engagement"....)
    2. Other option : in my stuff i choose the rune to unsocket, then in the list at right i apply any rune to replace the one i want to sell

i hope they will do something to that problem (example: sorting list), i may be dreaming....

Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

• klbente
    16 posts

I've finished most of the main game and I have a lot of runes in my inventory. However, when I go to equip runes in weapons or armor, I get limited choices most of which are already socketed in other armor. I thought that maybe selling some off would help but the choice for that are even more limited. It's a little frustrating that I have several weapons and sets of armor that I like to rotate but I can't get to the runes that I would like to use for each set.

Help?

I have screen shots but I don't see a way to attach them here.

• azullFR

@klbente
    the problem is that the "Runes Equip List" is capped at 100 runes (and the "Runes Selling List" is capped at 300 runes)
    and there is no way to sort them...
    For me it's a nonsense game design, unless Ubi want us to waste our time managing these runes and telling : "we've got a great players engagement ! Look at the hours they are spending at Valhalla !"

there is a Topic about that here :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/96892/unable-to-equip-some-runes-due-to-the-rune-list-cap-at-100-post-here

• azullFR

@klbente
    To attach pictures (900 pixels max recomended) it's here :
    undefined

Have a nice day ๐Ÿ™‚

• klbente
    16 posts

@azullfr Thank you! I could not see that for the life of me.

• klbente
    16 posts

@azullfr Thank you for that information.

The thing is, I'm not even getting 100 on the equip list or 300 when I try to sell. When I go to equip a piece of equipment, I'm only getting a list of 20, most of which are already equipped. The last time I tried to sell runes, I only had 10.

I agree that not being able to sort is bad design but it's even worse when I have can't even see available runes to equip or sell.

• klbente
    16 posts

Here's a picture of the runes I had available to sell. undefined

• klbente
    16 posts

I don't even get 100. I only get 20 on the list to equip. And 10 on the list to sell. It's maddening.

I play on PC.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics