Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• montoyahans
    Original poster 1 posts

I'm sad to write this but Valhalla really sucks, what a disappointment.

Bad clumpsy mechanics
    Combat is terribly boring and annoying starting with the bad controller response in PS4
    Why would you want to have that bird companion if you cant mark the enemies anymore? Useless
    Raids? After 3 or 4 it gets sooooo boring
    Wondering around without much to do and fighting the terrible mechanics is simply annoying

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@montoyahans

I actually like the improved fighting mechanism of Valhalla. It is not just mindless button mashing like in Odyssey. The stamina implementation is great. There are not many games that have such an accessible realistic fighting mechanism like Valhalla. Really do not get that complaint. The many different ways the weapons and combinations of them are handled amazes me every time I start this game. Vikings used slow heavy weapons which could not be thrown around constantly, but took enormous amounts of energy and strength to be used.

This game has far to many bugs, that’s the real and biggest problem. Unreliable savegames on top. Second problem is that there is no real replayable content at all. The reason for that is that the Ubisoft view on replayability seems to be grinding. And they couldn’t even implement that correctly (Not that I want more grinding in this game, absolutely it!)

• Ken_Koerperich
    52 posts

Combat sucks, and yes unless using a bow, you just stand in place, mashing R1 over and over, or throw in R2 for a heavy hit. Spend more time stabbing thin air, chasing whom you want to hit, or dodging as you're surrounded non stop.

Bugs galore.

Character creation/looks suck.

Runes finding sucks, I want to play, not spend my time "ebaying" the vendor for what I want.

River Raiding is good until you get to Lv5 "village" then you have to SEARCH out to make it to 6. Rewards should have been better. The "add on" River Raid is a P.OS/JOKE...I don't need that set you locked behind the content, nor the "boat" items. D.GAF about it, since I rarely use the boat. Should have made better rewards.

Climbing in windows is a M/F'er. Up/down/left/right/ fall off wall, multiple tries to get into one.

Stealth play is non existent unless you "WORK" at making it work.

Upgrades for gear come way to slow.

Mysteries, are MEH! Most aren't worth the effort. Smart idea, but implemented poorly.

Should have been more "Order" people to hunt, or you should have kept the BOUNTY system that keeps sending people.

We are Vikings, raiders/slayers/pillagers who traded in slaves. So why can't we kill NPC's???

Bird/Sainyn or w.tf you call it is useless.

Odin Sight should reach farther & last longer.

W.TF can't we make our own arrows?? DUMB removing this feature.

We still do the chicken dance, I'm stuck on the ledge, so let's twerk/act like a "stuck" imbecile at times.

Sprint is so e'ng slow. Mount sprint is so e'fng slow.

Climbing something, OMG, at a snails pace, and if you "accidently" tap the joystick you do a reverse jump and die....STUPID!

Fire damage, OMG, combat roll doesn't always trigger, instead you dodge once or twice, then by the time you actually roll fire is out, and you're half dead.

Sprint should have been on the FOWARD motion of the joystick, NOT the L3. At $75/controller, which already have enough problems w/ drift, you expect us to "sprint" by mashing a button over and over tearing our controller up??? OMG, what idiot thought this up???

List goes on, but you see all the problems that HAVE NOT been addressed, and will never be.
    This game goes in the fire pit as soon as anything better comes along...

This IS NOT AC, nor will it ever be if you keep going away from the "stealth" formula and keep making it an MTX button mashing P.OS.

Assassin = stealth = silent = deadly = vanish w/o a trace NOT Lets run in and smash heads over and over, frontal assault B/S....rather boring folks!

• Polyedra
    84 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TORFINR
    365 posts

Origins 7/10
    Odyssey 8/10
    and then...
    Valhalla 4/10

A clumsy and stripped version of Odyssey/Origins. What a waste of time and €

• katzenkrimis71
    162 posts

Ubisoft view on replayability seems to be grinding.

===

You use the word grind like you know what it means. You must be young, with very little MMORPG experience.

MMO's are the definition of grind. If you had ever completed one then you'd know what grinding is and you would never use that word to describe Valhalla. Games like LOTRO or the Asian MMO, Aion. That is what grinding is.

Valhalla is a simple, action/adventure console game. There is nothing at all in this game that is even remotely close to grinding. Even if you mined all of the iron ore that you could find in this game, you wouldn't even come close to reaching the numbers that you'd need in a MMO.

So, before you throw that word around like you know what you are talking about, go play a few MMO's.

And finish them.

• B00MSIE
    373 posts

@katzenkrimis71

lol, yes please read my post and make sure you understand what you try to explain. I play RPG games since they first released and I am from the generation that had to type them in themselve. And I was talking about other Ubisoft games, I do not feel in Valhalla you have to do to much grinding. In Odyssey the only goal of the game is grinding, which I hate. I like the original AC games and I think Valhalla is closest to them fro the last 3 AC releases. Most other new games from Ubisoft have to much useless grinding in them in my opinion. I like the easy gameplay their games have and the open worlds, but it must be fun to play. It becomes grinding when you have to keep opening the same chest to get small variations of the same. Good RPG’s like Diablo II, Red Dead II, the Witcher 3 make the grinding feel like fun, bad RPG wannabes like Odyssey make it feel like a waste of time.

• Polyedra
    84 posts
    Origins 7/10
    Odyssey 8/10
    and then...
    Valhalla 4/10

A clumsy and stripped version of Odyssey/Origins. What a waste of time and €

ROFLOL AT "€"
    ya.. so much € dawg.. can't afford. ya.. anyway: so u here with a 4/10 game.. right. i made post just before urs about this topic but i haz other angle: some people like to pretend a game is bad, despite playing it like there's no tomorrows, cause they disagree with portions of it.
    but also like, that other guy, who actually think that since ur position is more important when doing damage the combat has devolved.. LOL, combat a lot better now. Actually most of everything is better.. And to think the dodge could be this powerful without being op, man... that a master piece of a system, actually. like, this best i seen by far. innovative too, like this detail: U get more damage from dual wielding, but u get more attack speed with one-handing. There's many interesting things about that and it's very well executed. Maybe if u try look a bit, then u gona see how the system works or something.
    lastly: u actually put time into something? like if i think game is bad, i turn off [censored]! i not playing that for hours and hours and hours.. that's ret, u know.

• TORFINR
    365 posts

@polyedra Thanks for the off-topic answer, Mr "ROFL lol ffs ret" (your keyboard is broken, it seems)
    I wasnt refering to combats, I was speaking mainly about the lack of activities in the game once the main arc is played.
    Oh but of course there are activities! Am I stupid!?! huh I can of course do mysteries, clean poo covered random saxons, find eggs for making saxon women's farts stink, steal clothes from nudist camps, cleanse cursed areas with my ... bow.... and stack stones. Oooh so much fun! That's what we wanted from a game with vikings!
    And of course I can hunt and fish. Which is basically the only activity left when the awesome mysteries are played.
    So yes, 4/10. And maybe I've been too kind here.

But dont understand me wrong, Mr "ROFL lol ffs ret", Valhalla is beautiful. Gorgeous graphics. A really beautiful game. But empty. An empty shell. We can list here a dozen of android games, running on smartphones, which has more RPG elements and replayability than this wannabe RPG.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@torfinr ya man.. i write sorta like i talk or how i think.. that why.- and i don't correct my mistakes all the time either, as shown previously in this paragraph.
    i didn't read further than "busted keyboard".. kk my man, watever =))
    and ya, it is ret to play wen u not like. don't u think..? mr.. not .. idk... mr wat?

• Polyedra
    84 posts

but like: i c ur point in the game missing parts. totally agree. that always the case. if u put nuance there, it possible to have a dialogue instead of slinging ad hominems. i started doe, i know that xD but yea, i not hostile.. if u talk with me, i answer 🙂 i already like u.. even if u don't like me. it my nature. i like most of everyone really.. but i haz big mouth sometimes. it don't mean anything. it joke, mostly. not for hurt.

• TORFINR
    365 posts

@polyedra It's the reason why I made that long break from February to yesterday, I came back only to check the RR, I played one and left again 😞
    In fact I logged in the game yesterday only to check the transmogrification system. It's ok, but it doesnt add things to do.

I like you too, dont worry, I'm not that kind of person 😉

Will they bring us something real to chew with the DLC? I mean something outside the story arc. If they dont, we'll reach the same point very fast. Sad really as the game have so much potential. Wasted potential.

• Polyedra
    84 posts

@torfinr hmm, the river raids? ya... those should be better. a lot better. and harder. some super hard, so hard that tears of noobness come streaming down my cheeks. that how it should be.

• lemmie88
    182 posts
    Wasted potential.

lol. If ppl still bought hard copies, this should be the caption on the box! 😆

Don't get me wrong, I love parts of the game. It is incredibly beautiful. I enjoyed the main story and particularly Jotunheim quite a lot. And I actually like the fighting over Odyssey. The weak points are fun. I don't think the combat mechanics are flawed so much as the lack of challenging enemies and bad AI. And yes, the dodge is OP. Eivor is OP. That's why I don't understand the new skills in 1.2.1. They prevent Eivor from flinching. Does Eivor really need to be MORE unstoppable? Are there people asking for this?

Also, I think the stealth is broken. I think they broke it when River Raids came out, but can't say for sure. I just don't remember it being as bad as it is when I first started playing. Which brings up the bugs. To me, this is what is most inexcusable. I am totally willing to experience their new vision of AC, but you can't even do that without fighting bugs constantly. What a waste.

A great example of this is the mailbox. After finishing a story arc, sometime later the characters will send Eivor a message. Then you can go back, talk to them and see how things have changed. It is a nice little addition that fleshes out the world and gives some closure. But lots of players don't even know because if you read the most recent letter in your mailbox, it deletes all the older ones. Like, you can't program a mailbox?? Is there not enough precedent to go on?

It seems the game is made for the extremely casual gamer. You can pay half attention and still massacre an army. Have a break? You can start and finish a mystery in 5 minutes. I would gladly give up 20 mysteries for 1 fully fleshed out sidequest. 🥺🙏

• Polyedra
    84 posts

ya.. i just want the grind content. like the story is cool but it not y i play. don't care. just wana go some place and make trouble until everyone's ded. wit some cool wepon.
    for this i need: runes and equipment. and materials. give and i play. stop forced story pls. only give settlement thing for me please, progression game. then i do story when i like and ima cry rivers to ur perfect story, i promise, but for me it primarily about the fight.
    edit: and also, i love i can be hero. it perfect for me. eze parries for days! but like, i need tough fights. super tough, loads of hard enemies. fun. but eh, side to that: pls don't always put 100s of arbalists... xP

• davidtsmith333
    42 posts

@montoyahans It's just you.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics