Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Drewhast
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi Everyone,

I'm playing AC Valhalla on PS5 and Xbox Series X using cross-progression. As far as gameplay/story progression this feature works great, however, if I earn a Trophy on PS5 the equivalent Achievement will not unlock on Xbox (with a few exceptions) and visa versa. Between the two systems I have unlocked 100% of the Trophies/Achievements but each system says I'm missing some.

For example, on Xbox I have the Achievement for upgrading my settlement to level 6 but not the achievement for level 3, which I have the Trophy for on PS5. Also, if I have earned it on one system I cannot re-earn it on another system. On PS5 I earned the Trophy for assassinating an enemy from my horse. On Xbox I have done several assassinations from my horse and have not earned the Achievement.

I have tried restarting the game, restarting the console, clearing the console's cache, and even installed the game on my old Xbox One and nothing fixes the issue. I have logged on every day for weeks hoping they will eventually unlock with no luck. I have also contacted Microsoft Support and Ubisoft Support about this issue. Microsoft says it's Ubisoft's issue and Ubisoft says it's Microsoft's issue. I have not contacted Sony yet as I feel they will say the same as Microsoft and as the issue is occurring on two completely different systems I believe the issue lies with Ubisoft.

Does anyone have a fix for this issue? I wish it worked like Destiny 2 where it checks for achievements/trophies every time you load up the game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

@drewhast I'm afraid that any trophies or achievements that you unlock will not unlock on the other platform. This will only work if you play the game on the same family of consoles.

For example if you play the game on PS4 then loaded your save on the PS5 version, the trophies would unlock and vice versa. The same applies if you play the game on Xbox One then load your save on Xbox Series X.

Official Response
  • Drewhast
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-keo Hi Keo,

Thanks for the response. However, that has not been my experience. I unlocked the first half of the trophies on PS5 and the second half on Xbox Series X. On Xbox all but 6 of the Trophies I'd earned on PS5 popped when I loaded up the game on Xbox. Likewise, when I completed the game and opened the game up again on PS5 all but 2 Trophies unlocked. I was curious and downloaded the PS4 version of the game and all but 3 Trophies unlocked, so there's 1 PS5 Trophy that would not unlock on the PS4 version.

Also, for the remaining Trophies/Achievements, it is NOT possible to unlock them a second time on the other system. The only thing I have not tried is starting a new game, but most of these are end-game Trophies that take over 130 hours so that's not a realist solution.

This is either a bug or an oversight which I'm hoping will be corrected in a future update, but was hoping there was a workaround in the meantime. I'd put a lot of time and effort into completing all of the Trophies/Achievements.

• Drewhast
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-keo Update: After today's update the missing Xbox Achievements all popped and are now at 100%. The last two PlayStation Trophies are still not unlocking.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics